Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I agree. But I could swear I saw this before. Still, PvP servers are Pvp servers are PvP servers. Sucks to be ganked and attacked but it's what you took on when you signed up. This is really the effect of a server having more people, not specifically CRZ.
    with the exception being when CRZ forces you into a pvp zone.





    There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.

    PvP realms were designed right from the get-go to be a place where random acts of PvP could take place (outside of a handful of safe zones), and we have no plans to change this.

    Ganking is always a threat on these realms, there have always been players who enjoy it and who go out of their way to do so. It just comes with the PvP realm
    Its official, straight from the Blizzard offices themselves. More evidence that anything goes on a PvP realm. Hopefully the whiners see this, and understand.

    If its red, its dead.

    What do you think about this response from Blizzard?
    and this is new and different from when? When I played on a PvP server, if you were a lvl 1 and flagged, you died, usually with a fishing pole. People that cry about getting ganked on a pvp realm need to put up the money and transfer to pve or stfu.

  3. #43
    Personally I have no issue with ganking. My issue is how easy it is for the ganker to avoid combat once you have logged your main. They can fly off or move to a different zone which means if you follow you may not even be in the same CRZ with them.

    Ganking is part of a PVP realm,and should not be stopped but at least in Vanilla you could follow them or even come across them again and exact retribution.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    This has started since CRZ, so I think a free migrate to a PVE server of choice would be a good move from their part. At least I'm tired of the gankers and I've stopped leveling my alts because of it. Someone that does not even have a main might even cancel their sub.

    PVP realms used to be fun when zones contained same level enemies, now there's at least one level 90 from other realm in every zone, and they always have the bloodlust.
    Why make the argument that you should have a free server transfer when you knowingly rolled on a PvP server knowing the consequences?
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  5. #45
    Ganking isn't a problem by itself. The problem is that with CRZ you get ganked with no ability to bring in your other, higher level character to drive off the ganker since they will likely be placed in a different instance. The devs always choose to ignore this fact when discussing world PVP via CRZ, and it's pretty annoying. Basically lowbies have to 'just deal with it' at this point, when even back in vanilla they had options.

    EDIT: And to those who constantly make the dumbass "Well why u roll on PVP server?" comments. When the majority of us rolled on PVP servers, we had ways of dealing with gankers, primarily by bringing in appropriate level characters to deal with the gankers. That isn't really an option anymore thanks to instancing, which caters to the douchebags that camp lowbies knowing they have very little chance of being stopped in the current CRZ world.
    Last edited by DFu4ever; 2013-01-22 at 04:12 PM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Players have always been able to kill low level characters, this isn't something new with CRZ.

    PvP realms were designed right from the get-go to be a place where random acts of PvP could take place (outside of a handful of safe zones), and we have no plans to change this.

    Ganking is always a threat on these realms, there have always been players who enjoy it and who go out of their way to do so. It just comes with the PvP realm





    Its official, straight from the Blizzard offices themselves. More evidence that anything goes on a PvP realm. Hopefully the whiners see this, and understand.

    If its red, its dead.

    What do you think about this response from Blizzard?
    More curious as to why you edited his post to drop the word "unfortunately" - something which changes the tone to indicate that ganking and griefing is seen as something bad which has to be tolerated.

    Leaving that edit aside, what he says is true.

    Players HAVE always been able to kill lowbies....just not quite with the same degree of impunity.
    PvP realms were designed with random violence in mind...but even Vanilla tried systems to control griefing.
    And yes, ganking IS a fact on such realms and an unfortunate side effect of Blizzards current laissez-faire policies.

    EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-01-22 at 04:19 PM.

  7. #47
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,245
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but for the people complaining about being ganked over and over again, wasn't it always the case that if someone was literally making it impossible to play the game over a prolonged period of time (the same person that is) you could report them for harrassment?

    I'm not sure as I've never had any experience of it myself, it's just always what I percieved to be the rule.

    I'm for CRZ btw, I like it.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    So I'm gettin from you post/quote that you love to see lowbie struggle to do quests? To each its own but for again max level people to do that are just plain douches, again especially with flying mounts. Sure if its someone of same level in a zone that is fine but again its like a high school bully going to elementary school to pick on kids playing..yeah really tough guy!!

    As far as creating world pvp, this is debatable I guess but to me with flying mounts the bullies are not going to stay and pick on someone their own size, they will just fly away.
    Are you seriously comparing ganking in a VIDEO GAME to bullying? That smells of so much bullshit. Ganking in a video game should not be compared to bullying irl. Its a game. You have choices. You can choose to play another character for awhile, you can choose to keep resing and continue on questing with the possibility of being killed again, you can hearth to town.

    Dont act like its bullying when you made the choice to be in the environment. Its like saying that its unfair to go to jail after you got caught robbing a bank.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  9. #49
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,305
    So maybe someone can help me out here, I dont get what all the big uproar is about.

    I play on Tich, recently resubbed. I only got to 86 before I stopped. Since Ive been back about a week Ive been leveling to 90 and just hit 89. In that time Ive been ganked 20 or so times. Not that big of a deal to be honest. Is all the crying about lower level zones or something? I mean I have yet to be camped or griefed to the point that I cant play the game.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I made a thread about that i want griefers in pvp servers to be easier to deal with and people say "If you dont like pvp move to a pve server."

    Since when is wanting more pvp=being against pvp?

    This is why i am getting offended by these threads. Because this forum treaths me like one of them that hate gankers while im saying that i want to gank people running away because they make pvp not fun.

    Can someone tell me why my opinion is against pvp again? Because i really need an explanation.

    The blue is right, but anyone that WANTS A LITTLE CHANGE in pvp servers doesnt always mean they are against pvp. Its the same no mather where. Even the blues can reply that.
    And what would you propose the changes to PvP servers be made? Please enlighten us.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 04:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Camo View Post
    Theres nothing more satisfying in game than killing a low level with 1 shot and running off.
    You gain nothing from it, but damn its fun
    Its even more hilarious when you act like you leave the area, and come back a couple minutes later to find them questing again. 1 shot fun again I perpetually do this until they get frustrated and get on their main and then i proceed to rape their main lol.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  11. #51
    Epic! Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Drinking Kool-aid with Gul'dan
    Posts
    1,630
    You cut off the part where the blue said 'Unfortunately' as in they don't like it either but they can't stop it.

  12. #52
    I don´t care too much. Leveling in dungeons is faster anyways.

    But still: Is this the sort of PvP we want to see?
    Is it cool to do PvP when you know you can´t win/lose?
    Is it cool to annoy someone with PvP who just wants to level as fast as possible? Would it be so hard for Blizz to come up with some more PvP-centric quests and rewards from 10 - 90? If they want us to do open PvP they should put resilience and PvP-power on quest items.
    Perhaps they could scale character stats according to the zone as well. Scale lvl 90 chars down to lvl 35 in NSTV - problem solved.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I have nothing against it, I don't do it, or whatever.

    It does smack as pretty crappy world PVP design, though! but whatever. It is what it is, and you can actively avoid it, so whatever.
    It's also pretty annoying how people won't even engage in active conversations anymore about world PVP, half the time, it just boils down to the gankers plugging their ears and saying going to another server, rather than actually trying to make a part of the game more enjoyable for everyone :x
    I'm all for making the game enjoyable for everyone. But at what cost? If you put any restriction on PvP servers, then they no longer are true PvP servers. Isnt the whole point of a PvP server is for the ganking? Isnt that really what it comes down to?
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  14. #54
    Of course - red=dead has always been the rule. But, Jaylock fails again, because Blizzard isn't talking about a single PvP realm (somebody get that guy the # to hooked on reading comprehension) - they're talking about PvP CRZs.

    CRZ phasing rules mean you no longer inhabit a persistent universe where reciprocity is something to be feared. You can muddy your reputation ganking in Borean Tundra on a friend's realm and drop party when you're done and not have to worry about your victims rallying, tracking you down, and exacting their revenge.

    CRZ de-personalized World PvP. A lot of folks ignore this - mainly because prior to CRZ, it had been years since they had seen proper WPvP. It used to be, that on realms where the community was so acrimonious that it couldn't sustain WPvP, that people would just take that age old nugget of advice to "Re-roll PvE". And the asshattery or indifference of the realm would kill any and all WPvP. With CRZ, all those folks are unleashed on carebears that rolled on what once were docile PvP servers and on those whose attitudes had preserved WPvP in the absecnce of CRZ.

    Ganking got cheapened even further. CRZ in low level zones lined up all these fish in a barrel, ripe for folks to go in and gank away - and when trouble shows up - drop party and phase home. So, I think this response from Blizzard is par for the course - deliberately misunderstand the legitimates complaints of the playerbase, strawman them up by replying to a forum thread started by a player who fits your strawman to a 'T', and then pretend like that's the issue, and emerge victorious for the glory of your loyal peasa - I mean subscribers.

    "But CRZ is how levelling is SUPPOSED to be!" Blizzard could retcon all of BC and claim that's 'how it's supposed to be'. Just in Cata, we were given progressive raid nerfs monthly, catch-up dungeons, weekly double-VP dungeon cap, etc - and that was the 'design intent'. To talk about what Blizzard intends is to really talk out of your ass - because that's exactly what they do with it, changing their mind every other patch. So, I don't give a shit about how it's supposed to be. It doesn't matter. What matters is how it is and how it's going to be. CRZ is a big shift in WPvP - not all of it good. CRZ is not going anywhere.

    Hopefully folks will see this and understand that CRZ was a jarring change for a lot of folks. Hopefully they'll understand why some folks don't like it - even if they don't agree. Hopefully they'll realize that CRZ isn't going anywhere, so it's really just okay to let folks blow off some steam - especially considering there's a pretty legit argument for not liking it.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    There's a way of making a point and another way of writing it on a rock and tossing it through a window. I support WorldPvP as it stands.
    Oh, i'll absolutely throw that rock at hard as I can and break the window into millions of tiny pieces. People should know they got a OFFICIAL response from Blizzard, and to stop the bitch QQ fest. PvP is an essential part of the game. The whole premise of the game hinged on player vs player interaction. World of WARcraft. That implies there will be war between the two factions.

    People somehow got it into their minds: "World of Carebear instanced mechanized boss encounters craft"
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  16. #56
    Stood in the Fire Gaelden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Atlantic Europe
    Posts
    454
    PVP happening on a PVP server? Preposterous and unacceptable!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Well less zones in TBC/Vanilla and now you can sit in a city and level just by doing LFR or bg's. I don't know if this is what you are gettin at but are u saying level 90's are "only" ganking level 85's? Again this is all over the place but for me I'm talking about low, low level. Also the finel line of ganking or griefing. Griefing is the problem and its WoW bullying. I bet alot max levels dont hit outlands or northrend because sure they can gank em but not grief because they can mount up and fly away.
    I dont know about you, but I'm all over those leveling nubs in outland. My 310% mount is superior and dominant to their 150% speed mounts. Its almost as if i can smell their fear running from me lol.

    (thought bubble) "It will all be over soon nub"

    You cant get these thrills from being on a PvE server.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  18. #58
    Field Marshal HavokFURY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Ha. Legit.
    Seeing people whinge and cry had no idea the amount of pain that went into level in STV in Vanilla/TBC.
    QFT.

    Just all out war. Get your quests done at 5 am, or collect your raptor meat in between corpse runs.
    RIP <SoP>

  19. #59
    if anything goes on a pvp server can some1 tell me why i was banned for 3 hrs for "grieving" in wolk for ganking 4 ppl while they were killing kazzak?

  20. #60
    News Alert!!! PvP Realms are for PvP!


    0.0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •