Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by CompromisePlease View Post
    High end players are on the same playing field now. These changes don't affect high end players.

    So my point stands. They are just shifting the ilvl advantage from the weapon to the elite armor set.

    Most people just haven't figured out they'll never earn enough conqest during a season to get a full elite set. They read that rating requirements are being removed and suddenly think that means they can catch up.

    In the blog he's not explicit about the armor being higher ilvl. He says four tiers but some players don't understand that tier == ilvl.
    They will all start at the same spot and have the same opportunity to get that gear. Their isn't a solid wall stopping them from getting elite weapons anymore. They just have to play. Also the reverse decay will help players that put in the effort too.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    this post looks so good i tried to lick it off my screen.

    hahah. I concur.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Captaincrab View Post
    You are forgetting that rating will inflate a little and the lower ratings, say 2k and below, won't be flooded by rating sellers so you won't be fighting that guy that been playing every week since the start.

    So say you are a skilled player and manage to hit say 1800-1900 rating in your first week, the next you'll have more points to deal with and you'll STILL be playing roughly against people with your gear because the guy who outgears you will be higher up on the ladder, unless he's really terrible in which case you can outplay him.

    Point is, with the arbitrary 2200 mark, you had hundreds if not thousands of players that get carried every single week to the weapons, and everyone past that 2200 mark is either not playing or Glad material. So if you wanted a shot at hitting 2200 to get the gear, you had to do so by bashing your head against everyone selling rating that clearly outgear you. Like I said, can't go 5 games in 1800+ range without seeing one of them.

    New system, no one is encouraged to stop if they get past 2200, no one is encouraged to go back and sell rating using gear obtained by hitting 27000. Hence... We have a real ladder.

    The other little perks of the system are there mostly to fix the other problem which was Gladiator titles that got decided largely in the first 2 weeks.
    the rating is inflated, thus you'll get more points per week (but still not enough) and you won't face opponents outside your skill/gear-brackets, but the point is the 27k cap is way too high to get the full set before the next patch is on the ptr already (thus being 4-8 weeks away at max.).
    besides the too high cap and that rbg's are rewarded a lot more -thus mandatory- everything with this changes is perfectly fine.


    but as long as we don't know how much the ratings will be inflated there's nothing to be evaluated.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    the rating is inflated, thus you'll get more points per week (but still not enough) and you won't face opponents outside your skill/gear-brackets, but the point is the 27k cap is way too high to get the full set before the next patch is on the ptr already (thus being 4-8 weeks away at max.).
    besides the too high cap and that rbg's are rewarded a lot more -thus mandatory- everything with this changes is perfectly fine.


    but as long as we don't know how much the ratings will be inflated there's nothing to be evaluated.
    Ok going by the Blizzard previous release schedule, 5.2 and the beginning of the next season is going to be roughly in March or April (Heart of the Swarm launch might push it earlier in feb, or later in April). 5.3 will likely be somewhere in November/December (and this will likely last until next exp which will be around July/October 2014).

    If you start 5 weeks in (April/May) You'll have a disgusting amount of time to catch (on top of the 5k bonus you can win)
    If you start 10 weeks (June/July) Get 10k bonus you can win and still around 16 weeks before season ends if you really wanna go hardcore + the rating inflation. Assuming a 6 month season at the smallest or 26 weeks.

    Only if you start really really really late like week 19-20 would you have a chance of not being fully geared by the end of the season and thus "catch" up to be able to compete for Glad ratings, but at that point, I'd say that's more than fair. However you'd still have a "chance" since you'd have 20k banked and in theory you could go super hardcore 1-2 weeks and hit 27k, just probably not get fully geared in the Elite gear.

    Rating sellers are trying to find flaws in the system, but seem to forget that the current status quo is far more horrible and broken.

    In the current system: You can't Catch up, You end up playing rating sellers by the ton once you hit 1800-2100 on any type of Conquest pvp, and Glad gets decided largely in the first two weeks on almost every battle group save 1.

  5. #25
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,108
    Okay so I'm not a hardcore PvPer, so I don't know the nitty gritty, but here's what I'm hearing from this thread:

    Elite Gear is now purchaseable after a lot of CP is obtained for the season (similar to the CP weapons, just much higher), when previously, you needed a high rating (2200+?) to get it. They also increased the iLevel on it.

    So what you're complaining about is you won't be able to get the full set because you're not good enough to get enough points?

    If that's the case I'm hearing then... Wow. That's like bitching you won't ever get heroic raiding gear because you aren't good enough for heroic raids.

    Want the full set? Do better. Find a group that is at least your skill or higher and run Arena/RBGs with them. They're allowing you to get the set without needing a high rating, and you're COMPLAINING about that?!

    Effort = Rewards. Effort + Skill = More Rewards. Effort + Skill + Success = Even More Rewards. This is how every aspect of WoW works, and I really don't get why you're complaining about it. What did you expect them to do? Just hand them out to every person who does a week's worth of BGs???


    HOWEVER: If the scenario I said ISN'T the case, then ignore my post and carry on

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

  6. #26
    Brewmaster slackjawsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tell me! where am i!
    Posts
    1,342
    i like the new system because a grp trying to raise rating later in a season wont get blocked off because ppl who may be even worse then them have better gear they wont be able to obtain
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Okay so I'm not a hardcore PvPer, so I don't know the nitty gritty, but here's what I'm hearing from this thread:

    Elite Gear is now purchaseable after a lot of CP is obtained for the season (similar to the CP weapons, just much higher), when previously, you needed a high rating (2200+?) to get it. They also increased the iLevel on it.

    So what you're complaining about is you won't be able to get the full set because you're not good enough to get enough points?

    If that's the case I'm hearing then... Wow. That's like bitching you won't ever get heroic raiding gear because you aren't good enough for heroic raids.

    Want the full set? Do better. Find a group that is at least your skill or higher and run Arena/RBGs with them. They're allowing you to get the set without needing a high rating, and you're COMPLAINING about that?!

    Effort = Rewards. Effort + Skill = More Rewards. Effort + Skill + Success = Even More Rewards. This is how every aspect of WoW works, and I really don't get why you're complaining about it. What did you expect them to do? Just hand them out to every person who does a week's worth of BGs???


    HOWEVER: If the scenario I said ISN'T the case, then ignore my post and carry on
    It's just a vocal minority (mostly rating sellers) trying to apply the same logic that got Blizzard to consider the changes to the new system, but when you run all the scenarios and the combination of changes they have put in... You realize it just doesn't apply.

    I'm even impressed they came up with extra things like how once you hit 27k you could swap specs completely by using honor to catch up.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    So what you're complaining about is you won't be able to get the full set because you're not good enough to get enough points?

    If that's the case I'm hearing then... Wow. That's like bitching you won't ever get heroic raiding gear because you aren't good enough for heroic raids.
    I have an weekly cap of about 3574 conquest points and I am still sure I wont be able to finish the entire second set and fully upgrade it even when holding my current rating in the next season. And upward there isn't much air, let's say the rating is inflated by around 200 points, then I'd be pushing high warlord and still only earn around 3699 points per week.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I have an weekly cap of about 3574 conquest points and I am still sure I wont be able to finish the entire second set and fully upgrade it even when holding my current rating in the next season. And upward there isn't much air, let's say the rating is inflated by around 200 points, then I'd be pushing high warlord and still only earn around 3699 points per week.
    No upgrading in 5.2

    IE: if you hold that rating, you'll likely have 2 full sets before mid season.

    22k points into first set, 27k you have 5k to put into first Elite set or two major pieces... Around week 8 with Zero inflation. So both rings Cloak and Bracers of first set at week 8 (for simplicities sake). 18500 to finish the rest of the set or 6 weeks, so by week 14 you have full first set, assuming zero inflation. 18000-22500k later (depending on how much overlap between your specs for Trinkets, rings and cloaks) or 7 weeksish later or week 21 You'll have second full set. Again accounting for zero inflation. Assuming a relatively short season of 6 months or 26 weeks, you'll have 2 full sets WELL before season ends.

    Sorry if it's a bit hard to read, but TLDR of that paragraph, 2 full sets around week 21 assuming zero inflation and 3500 points a week.
    Last edited by Captaincrab; 2013-01-23 at 06:53 AM.

  10. #30
    I actually find it funny how Ghostcrawler worded it like it was helping the community and reducing the gear gap, which in actual fact it's done the complete opposite.

    Unless you RBG, you'll have to cap every week and if you dont, you wont be fully geared by season-end. (Bear in mind they might be bringing item upgrades back in 5.3, that's another 20k+ conquest you've got to earn).

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Captaincrab View Post
    It's just a vocal minority (mostly rating sellers) trying to apply the same logic that got Blizzard to consider the changes to the new system, but when you run all the scenarios and the combination of changes they have put in... You realize it just doesn't apply.

    I'm even impressed they came up with extra things like how once you hit 27k you could swap specs completely by using honor to catch up.
    Or maybe I'm tired of having to play 30 games each week on each character just to get the cap and if I don't I'm fucked and behind on gear until the end of the season.

    Oh, and did I mention queue times?
    Last edited by Helltrixz; 2013-01-23 at 03:11 PM.

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    443
    Some people will never be happy. You take away the rating requirement so that everyone has access to the elite gear and then the same people that previously couldn't get it now complain that it will take longer to get it (when they weren't even able to obtain it in the first place).
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

    Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Or maybe I'm tired of having to play 30 games each week on each character just to get the cap and if I don't I'm fucked and behind on gear until the end of the season.

    Oh, and did I mention queue times?
    Here's the thing, with the exception of normal Battlegrounds which can group up people of all sorts, you won't fall behind, you'll just be somewhere lower on the ladder, as opposed to what it is right now, where no matter how far behind you are, you'll end up beating your head against people selling rating with 2200 weapons.

    Queue times also get better when people actually play games and aren't paranoid about losing rating every game.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Captaincrab View Post
    Here's the thing, with the exception of normal Battlegrounds which can group up people of all sorts, you won't fall behind, you'll just be somewhere lower on the ladder, as opposed to what it is right now, where no matter how far behind you are, you'll end up beating your head against people selling rating with 2200 weapons.

    Queue times also get better when people actually play games and aren't paranoid about losing rating every game.
    Don't cap every week and/or play rbgs -> other teams have 20k hp more -> gg until the end of the season. It's the same thing, although not as bad for teams that don't have t2 yet, which I agree. I didn't do proper math for next season, but it feels like the grind will take forever. Previous expansion you could easily be fully t2 geared by mid season.

    I also don't see how queues will get any better, I played some games today at low rating and it was 3 min all the time (at least it wasn't 13 min like last season, but it's still boring).

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    So what you're complaining about is you won't be able to get the full set because you're not good enough to get enough points?

    If that's the case I'm hearing then... Wow. That's like bitching you won't ever get heroic raiding gear because you aren't good enough for heroic raids.

    Want the full set? Do better. Find a group that is at least your skill or higher and run Arena/RBGs with them. They're allowing you to get the set without needing a high rating, and you're COMPLAINING about that?!

    Effort = Rewards. Effort + Skill = More Rewards. Effort + Skill + Success = Even More Rewards. This is how every aspect of WoW works, and I really don't get why you're complaining about it. What did you expect them to do? Just hand them out to every person who does a week's worth of BGs???
    I expect them to not allow rating to increase your weekly conquest cap. The cap should be the same for everyone regardless of rating or format.

    Comparing this to PvE progression is nonsense. A hardcore raider's gear doesn't screw up my LFR experience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •