Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    High Elves are not a race of elves. Elves are quelthalas as the blood elves.
    and many Alliance players want as a playable race of high elves. Well I want another race of elves to the horde
    Then what do druids of the flame have to do with any of this? You want them to join the horde?

Look I'm going to save you the pain and tell you what this topic is going to largely consist of.

*Ahem*

WE HAVE ENOUGH ELVES IN WoW.

The horde could have something to balance it out sure but I think the Alliance players would see this as a cop out so I don't ever see it happening unless Blizzard moves the High/Blood elf choice to to Pandaran state of affairs and puts... I don't know Ogres. Where the Horde's missing slot is.

Again, to Alliance players this would be a cop out. It's not going to happen as nice as it would be.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a druid quest line should allow this, all be it a lengthy one that requires use of all forms to complete, would be epic=)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they are evil doesnt mean they should get in the horde, horde arent evil. Some are, but same for the alliance.

so no, they dont belong any place except their own sect

Deleted
    If they ever add High Elves for Alliance they are probably gonna do something like Dark Iron Dwarves for Horde.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-01-22 at 04:04 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or just stop butchering what's left of the lore, cause we have to force races into the faction and someone make up a reason for more race war \o/

There are many people who want the high elves alliance, I think the horde should have another race of elves if it were the case.
    Why do the horde need ANOTHER race of elves?

There are 3, the Alliance have one, the Horde have one, if High Elves go to Alliance, what fourth race of elves are they going to get?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    Or just stop butchering what's left of the lore, cause we have to force races into the faction and someone make up a reason for more race war \o/
    They'll keep adding new races to the game. And I think with the Worgen, Goblin and Pandaren they've done a good job. Draenei and Blood Elves weren't that bad either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I severly doubt the Horde would allow them in, seeing as how they worship Ragnaros and tried to kill one of the most
    beloved and respected Druids (Runetotem).

10+ Year Old Account
    We could just have a Horde/Alliance Version of each race. You should be able to Align with the faction of choice. I like the idea of choosing at level 10.
    The two different types of Pandaren is a great example. It's based off what you believe in and what you choose to align yourself with. There were humans who aligned themselves with the horde in the 2nd war. So I say it should be the choice of the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I actually have Majordomo's staff, 3 of them actually ^__^ too bad it's from the second tier of the last expansion and only usable when equipped... meh.
    equip, cat form, switch weapon

There are many people who want the high elves alliance, I think the horde should have another race of elves if it were the case.
    Druids of the Flame exist because of the Horde. They hate them with burning rage because of the Horde's murderous destruction of their homes and families...

Why on earth would they join the Horde?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rh4wk View Post
    We could just have a Horde/Alliance Version of each race. You should be able to Align with the faction of choice. I like the idea of choosing at level 10.
    The two different types of Pandaren is a great example. It's based off what you believe in and what you choose to align yourself with. There were humans who aligned themselves with the horde in the 2nd war. So I say it should be the choice of the player.
    I feel like at some point it might come to that.

High Elves are not a race of elves. Elves are quelthalas as the blood elves.
    and many Alliance players want as a playable race of high elves. Well I want another race of elves to the horde
    The High Elves are all part of the Kirin Tor and with Jaina being their leader and member of the Alliance it's not hard to make them playable for Alliance players. As for other Elves for the Horde there's the problem that there are only Blood/High Elves and Nightelves. So the only option as new Elves would be Nightelves but it would be a far stretch in lore to create a new faction of Nightelves that want to become a member of the Horde.

I don't think that High Elves will be available as a playable race for Alliance players because there's no easy option for an Alliance race to become available to Horde players.

The outcry would be too big if the Horde gets nothing or a completely new race that wasn't available before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I feel like at some point it might come to that.
    What's the point in that at all other than to completely shit on lore and make less sense having Draenei and Night Elves in a faction ran by a people committed to their genocide? Dissolving the factions entirely and having reps tied to capital cities and specific races is a far better implementation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Do you have zero clue about their history or what? Druids of Flame, led by Staghelm appeared in response to Horde bombing Ashenvale, because in their eyes, Malfurion didn't respond to that. Staghelm himself lost his granddaughter, his only link to his deceased son here. They all fucking HATE HORDE. So, enlighten me how bitter people who want Horde to burn in that flames suddenly join it?

(After reading some other replies)
    No, seriously? Nobody else knows that? "Horde won't let them" this, "cultists" that... WTF? They're Anti-Horde radicals as strong as there can be and everyone happened to skip that story IN GAME?
    Actually in a way, they were cultists, since Fandral answered to "the twilight prophet"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    What's the point in that at all other than to completely shit on lore and make less sense having Draenei and Night Elves in a faction ran by a people committed to their genocide? Dissolving the factions entirely and having reps tied to capital cities and specific races is a far better implementation.
    I guess the idea behind it is that it's possible someone just decides to work with the opposite faction. Or that some tribe could work together with the opposite faction. Grimtotem for example are an interesting candidate for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    Actually in a way, they were cultists, since Fandral answered to "the twilight prophet"
    They're in this mostly just for power to destroy. Anyway, this entire reference meant that whatever Horde wants/permits or whatever those druids is following have zero relevance to their potential of joining Horde, since they got much more prominent and strong motivation based on completely different things.

We have too many elves already, can we PLEASE not have more?

Also: They hate the Horde, they joined Ragnaros BECAUSE they hated neutrality and such, they'd never join.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    No more elves. Give me Ogres.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I guess the idea behind it is that it's possible someone just decides to work with the opposite faction. Or that some tribe could work together with the opposite faction. Grimtotem for example are an interesting candidate for Alliance.
    Why do people keep saying this? They openly attacked the Night Elves in Feralas, and are thoroughly hated by them. The Darkspear are a better candidate on account of emissaries sailing into SW harbour to recruit Alliance to aid Voljin in his fight against the Zandalari, but I doubt they'd ever force that upon players.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Also: They hate the Horde, they joined Ragnaros BECAUSE they hated neutrality and such, they'd never join.
    Not because they hated neutrality, they hated being left high and dry by a person whom was supposed to protect them from a rampaging force which raped and pillaged their families and homes. Druids abandoned their people and their people suffered at the hands of invaders. It's easy to understand their disillusion.