Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Screw diablo 3 , save your money for Marvel heroes!!
    Its free to play unless you want to purchase costumes etc.
    Downfall is it isnt out yet, think its out some time around spring.

https://marvelheroes.com/

otherwise Torchlight 2 all the way, diablo is not worth the money imo.

Hell no, $20 tops. D3 is a complete rip-off at 60.

TL2 or PoE are much better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Well, if it was released yet, it would be an option for the OP.

Torchlight 2 is a pretty good alternative to D3 though. Blizzard just knew about the extreme hype for Diablo and prized it like any other big new game, whereas it offers crappy replay value, as most know. Now, I wouldn't consider it worth buying tbh.
    It is a Option cause it just went into Open Beta and there will not be anymore Character wipes.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I bought 2 copies at release, one for myself and one for my gf. IMO it is not worth the cardboard box it came in. My gf didn't even finish normal and I got to Inferno and realized it's the same shit all over again, good gear doesn't drop, I'm gonna have to farm hours and hours on end just to make gold to get decent gear. Looked up the prices for a couple decent pieces, farmed the gold, only to find the prices had doubled by the time I got the gold.

I've heard some of the more recent changes make this not as much of an issue and also, it's been out a while, so inflation shouldn't be happening as rapidly, if at all anymore. However, you are still playing the same game 4 times in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My point was that D3's gameplay is fair away from being ahead of anything. Its really basic and many others are just as good if not better. even in the ways you stated like about how the character interacts with the world and all.
    Really? TL2 has 0 feeling when I hit a mob... I can see the textures interacting but that's it... it's just pixels... with d3 I can almost feel the impact of the blows... not to mention it'a a lot more fast paced and visceral than TL2 ...

but anyway I guess that's just my opinion ... moving on
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-01-22 at 05:03 PM.

It depends how much you play it. If you play it as much as most raiders/casual raiders play WoW, the game will pay for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Really? TL2 has 0 feeling when I hit a mob... I can see the textures interacting but that's it... it's just pixels... with d3 I can almost feel the impact of the blows... not to mention it'a a lot more fast paced and visceral than TL2 ...
    As I said many games are the same or better in gameplay then D3. That was my point D3's gameplay is fair from ahead of anything.

Everyone has there own Opinion that is fine and all but I'm sorry D3 is a far away from being ahead of anything at this moment.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It is a Option cause it just went into Open Beta and there will not be anymore Character wipes.
    That happens tomorrow, no?

http://www.pathofexile.com/

1day 3hrs until open beta. So it is a Option OP just has to wait a day. I rather way a day and save 60$ then to spend 60$ and it be a waste.

Game should cost 10 dollars like in Toys R US.

Hold out for Path of Exiles man. It's everything D3 should have been and none of what it shouldn't. That said I think D3 is fun for what it is, and worth the purchase price (even though I got my copy for from the wow annual pass deal).

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Game should cost 10 dollars like in Toys R US.
    that was a one time deal the sell ended awhile back if i remember right.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO it's really good game but definatly not worth it's price.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    (even though I got my copy for from the wow annual pass deal).
    Just saying I think you would have felt different if you spent 60$ just for it.

With the AP you got a mount beta to MOP and D3 for the same price you would have "maybe" spent anyway on wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember seeing this thread on another website where some guy found D3 along with SC2, Batman: Arkham City, MW3, Battlefield 3, WoW chest and some other games for $9.99 each. It was at his local Toys R Us and he took a picture of the glass case they were in. He'd buy em and sell em to ppl on the thread, lol. Wish I saw it when it was happening. But yeah anyways, 60 bucks is NOT worth it at this point when you can surely find it locally for much cheaper.
    Last edited by Tucci; 2013-01-22 at 05:21 PM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    no it runs fine its just chops every 10 seconds and it is very distracting and i tried all the settings. However it was a hacked version so I dunno if that is the case.
    Yeeeeahhhhhh i think it's because of it being a hacked version.

I run it on a laptop as meh as an etchsketch and it runs perfectly. (I mean like... Im surprised my laptop doesn't have a hand crank to turn on)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Yeeeeahhhhhh i think it's because of it being a hacked version.

I run it on a laptop as meh as an etchsketch and it runs perfectly. (I mean like... Im surprised my laptop doesn't have a hand crank to turn on)
    roflmao. As I said to unholyground I beta tested it on a compaq desktop from 2004 was a single core 2.1ghz with 1gig ram and it still ran great.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    You know d3 failed when half the posts here recommend T2 or POE. Might as well offer my 2 cents.

As a casual player of ARPGS that owns both D3 and T2, i would suggest T2. Mainly because gear actually drops that you can use in T2. Where as in D3 good gear hardly drops.

I may have played D3 for more hours compared to T2 (im taking a break from them both atm) but for me the hours spent playing T2 were more enjoyable

Now if they would only allow for official servers with no cheating, but thats a whole other story.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

2 tickets to see a 2 hour movie = $22 around here.
    2 tickets to see a 2 hour 3D movie = $32

Going to a theme park for a day (8 hours) = roughly $50 a ticket (estimate from the last time I went)

D3 only costing $60 is perfectly acceptable in my opinion. Even if you only do a few play throughs. Unless you just totally hate the game, you're going to spend 30+ hours on it. That's $2 an hour for fun. And you can always come back later for patches with content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nengal View Post
    2 tickets to see a 2 hour movie = $22 around here.
    2 tickets to see a 2 hour 3D movie = $32

Going to a theme park for a day (8 hours) = roughly $50 a ticket (estimate from the last time I went)

D3 only costing $60 is perfectly acceptable in my opinion. Even if you only do a few play throughs. Unless you just totally hate the game, you're going to spend 30+ hours on it. That's $2 an hour for fun. And you can always come back later for patches with content.
    Or if you compare it to 1hr of fun cost 1$ would you get 60$/60hrs worth. Good chance OP won't you can even finish D3 from Normal to Inferno within 60hrs.

There is many ways to scale it but in my opinion it is not worth 60$.

"But to be fair there is not many games out I think are worth 60$"