Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yes it's worth $59.99. Ignore the haters. If you had fun with the demo there's plenty more fun to be had in the game.
    Unlike WoW, D3 is only fun for the first playthrough.

Unlike WoW, D3 doesn't really 'reinvent' itself everytime you play and there's only one play style: farm farm farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Reading comprehension is a bitch.
    Must be for you when I clearly done told you that post was not at the OP but the person I was replying to and was proving a point to the person I was replying to that there is better 60$ choice's.

It is best if you read everything said and not just half of it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Unlike WoW, D3 is only fun for the first playthrough.

Unlike WoW, D3 doesn't really 'reinvent' itself everytime you play and there's only one play style: farm farm farm.
    What a surprise...
    Thing is this was always a part of the franchise, of all the game's many flaws this isn't one of them.

What a surprise...
    Thing is this was always a part of the franchise, of all the game's many flaws this isn't one of them.
    So basically, don't buy D3 unless you really liked farming in D2.

Deleted
    Or know what to expect.
    Or don't fall for the hype.

Dont you dare. D3 is nothing like D2.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I was playing the Demo last night and from a person that has never played any of the earlier Diablo games or any such games, I quite liked the game.

It has its similarities to another all time favourite game of mine, Skyrim as in exploring and dungeoning. I wouldn't really consider exploring to be a big part of it, but I quite like the controls and limited use of spells especially compared to what we have in WoW. I enjoy the dungeoning aspect in Skyrim where you wander across a cave and get to explore it.

However, I still can't seem to rationalise its price for $59.99.

I mean it offers very little replay ability with no incentives other than farming better gear.

So since quitting WoW and waiting for TES:Online, I was looking to pick up a game I could play any time I wanted. I was wondering if Diablo 3 was actually worth the $59.99?

I probably wouldn't think twice if it was for around $39.99 considering that is what most of the WoW expansions sell for. But I find it hard comparing Diablo to say Skyrim when Skyrim offers hours and hours on end of re playability and lets you immerse yourself in the world.
    You could play poe today aka path of exile for free if you want a diablo type game. It's really fun and f2p.

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Just read postes on the offical forum OP, avoid all the bashing with no depth-threads. There are many VERY well-written postes that explains problems off Diablo3, that even Blizzard couldent argue againts, ever.

Diablo3 has so many flaws its insane, so if people continue to hate it, its understandable. Its not hype anymore that drives the hate - Its reality by now. Knowing what you tough was gonna be epic, will suck and continues to suck many months after.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Or know what to expect.
    Or don't fall for the hype.
    So basically D3 is pretty esoteric.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    And the problem is ... that ALL these games will be LONG time shelved and D3 will still be played in 5 years time with the USUAL massive support Blizzard and the updating gives to these games...

Give it a break: look at what launched in MMO land since WOW (2004) ... and look how many of these games are STILL being played massively by millions now.

Answer: NONE.

Same goes for RTS genre in which Blizzard launches: like SC2...

Same goes for Hack&Slach with D3.

---
    The games you mention have a huge following, yes, but in 5 years time they will be just a blip in history, while D3 with its second expansion pack will just be relaunched by then.

it has been like that with Blizzard games for 20 years and 1.4 billion dollars yearly revenue is an assurance to this in the future.

Blizzard games are not even played for their "story" as story is trivial in LONG term video game play... What story is there behind Fifa 13? Mario? Pac Man? Dota games ?

Just a nice painting on the wall. But the CORE of any good long term played game is ENGINE and game play first.

The rest is history and some blabla.
    Yes but this was the Past.. you are forgetting that Activision is on Board now. Its no longer about the perfect Game but how much Money you can make, and for the super intelligent. NO wanting to make Money is not bad, but releasing Beta Games like D3 and kind of supporting Botting is not very Blizzard like.

So if you like to burn your Money give it to an homeless Guy or just throw it out the Window its still better than buying this Game lol

buy it during discount ...

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally. I didn't think it was worth that. I got about 10 hours of game time out of it, but then... I played it through once and then thought... "why do I want to do the exact same story on hard mode?" - Hey, I get bored easily.

I felt the same about xCom - story was over way too quick and I played that on normal/average difficulty.

I would wait for it to go on sale. It's really not that great and I would have personally bought both of these if they were like 20~30 bucks, but do feel a bit ripped off for paying 60.

Torchlight II is worth the 20 bucks, however.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-23 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    Dont you dare. D3 is nothing like D2.
    Yes, it is. And I've played hell of a lot more D2 than D3.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    And the problem is ... that ALL these games will be LONG time shelved and D3 will still be played in 5 years time with the USUAL massive support Blizzard and the updating gives to these games...

Give it a break: look at what launched in MMO land since WOW (2004) ... and look how many of these games are STILL being played massively by millions now.

Answer: NONE.

Same goes for RTS genre in which Blizzard launches: like SC2...

Same goes for Hack&Slach with D3.

---
    The games you mention have a huge following, yes, but in 5 years time they will be just a blip in history, while D3 with its second expansion pack will just be relaunched by then.

it has been like that with Blizzard games for 20 years and 1.4 billion dollars yearly revenue is an assurance to this in the future.

Blizzard games are not even played for their "story" as story is trivial in LONG term video game play... What story is there behind Fifa 13? Mario? Pac Man? Dota games ?

Just a nice painting on the wall. But the CORE of any good long term played game is ENGINE and game play first.

The rest is history and some blabla.
    McDonalds sells the most hamburgers, therefore McDonalds makes the best hamburgers?
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I was playing the Demo last night and from a person that has never played any of the earlier Diablo games or any such games, I quite liked the game.

It has its similarities to another all time favourite game of mine, Skyrim as in exploring and dungeoning. I wouldn't really consider exploring to be a big part of it, but I quite like the controls and limited use of spells especially compared to what we have in WoW. I enjoy the dungeoning aspect in Skyrim where you wander across a cave and get to explore it.

However, I still can't seem to rationalise its price for $59.99.

I mean it offers very little replay ability with no incentives other than farming better gear.

So since quitting WoW and waiting for TES:Online, I was looking to pick up a game I could play any time I wanted. I was wondering if Diablo 3 was actually worth the $59.99?

I probably wouldn't think twice if it was for around $39.99 considering that is what most of the WoW expansions sell for. But I find it hard comparing Diablo to say Skyrim when Skyrim offers hours and hours on end of re playability and lets you immerse yourself in the world.
    yeah dont bother with diablo3 at this time. maybe in a year or 2 it would be worth buying but doubt it. im just glad i didnt pay for my copy. since i played wow i got diablo 3 for free. probably had the worst launch in gaming history. to be honest, no game is really worth the 60 dollar price tag anymore. i bought skyrim, only cause i got it on steam for 75% off when it had a super awsome sale. as a example

Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    McDonalds sells the most hamburgers, therefore McDonalds makes the best hamburgers?
    A guy tracking sales at WSJ is estimating they are close to 300 billion. I dunno of anyone else selling that many so I guess they do make the best burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I have d3 I payed 60$ for it and even tho I got around 200-300hrs in it to me its not worth 60$ at most 30$.

Check out torchlight II you can download a demo of it from there site or on steam if you rather use that.

Torchlight II was made by a few former people who worked on D1/D2+LOD and only cost 20$ it gives u a bit of a WOW feel with its Graphic's and me personally I think it looks better then D3.

I still play D3 a bit but mainly to grind for hellfire rings.

I say check out torchlight II and if you don't like it good chance you won't like D3.

Also as for content and all its no where near the same level as skyrim "without dlc"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/j.../hero/15504689 "My Barbarian"
    Wait wait wait. You say 200-300 hours for $60 isn't worth it? Since when? Considering most games nowadays you MIGHT get 10-20 hours out of it for $60.

Deleted
    To me it is worth $60. I pay full price on release date for probably around 6-10 games per year, depending on the year. Most of them give a fraction of the 300-400 hours enjoyment I got from D3. In fact, most of them give far less than 10th of that many hours of entertainment and I still consider them good value.

Whether something is worth $60 to you is entirely subjective because the value of a dollar is different to each of us personally. Only you can put a price on your personal entertainment. If you're used to getting hundreds of hours a month of entertainment from paying $10 subscription to WoW, then perhaps paying $60 for any new game isn't going to be that great. I still put 3 times the amount of hours into D3 as I did Skyrim, I think both Skyrim and D3 were great games - I played them both a lot, I don't play either of them now... it's hard to compare products. Dishonored got my GOTY for 2012 and I bought it on release day - the campaign took 14 hours and I haven't gone back to it, I still think it was worth it.

TLDR Only you can answer the question of whether it's worth it to you.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-01-23 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Wait wait wait. You say 200-300 hours for $60 isn't worth it? Since when? Considering most games nowadays you MIGHT get 10-20 hours out of it for $60.
    Since its my Opinion its still not worth 60$ even with the amount of hrs I got tied up into it.

If I got it I'm going to play it a bit every now and then.

To me I scale the price on 2 things.

1. If you scale it by 1$ a hr for fun did you get "in this case 60hrs worth out of it" then yes but then you have to ask yourself was all of those 60+ hrs fun.

Only the first couple of hrs was fun due to it being new after the new wore off I no longer liked it. Also those awesome first 5sec on a legendary drop where you are happy only to find out the stats suck major.

2. Even if you didn't get 60+ hrs out of a 60$ game is it still worth it to you.

Even tho I got almost 200 hrs out of D3 not all 200hrs was fun lots of it was a pain in the ass or just outright annoying.

So overall no D3 to me is not worth 60$ at most its a 30$ game.

You can have a Lot of hrs tied up into something and still not like it.

End the end ill keep messing with D3 in hopes it will become better but until that day comes it is not worth its current price tag of 60$ here in most of the US.

Edit: Me personally the story must be half way decent for me to enjoy a game and when in the first few moments of the game you say Leah is Diablo and know its ending the rest is just bla.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-23 at 10:58 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Dude really go somewhere every single D3/WOW thread that comes up you post in it white knighting blizzard when someone has stated there opinion about said game and why they don't like it.

As for your comment Skyrim is still being played by many player's Torchlight II is still getting played by many players.

Tons of games are still getting played by many player's.

Blizzard is not some Holy Grail in the gaming world. Personally I'm done replying to you just going to put you on ignore.

First person ever I had to do that on here you should feel special.

"tip" If you don't like the fact that other peoples opinion may be different then yours don't talk on a forum.
    So because he doesn't agree with your opinion it means hes white knighting for a good game company? Sounds like you shouldn't be on these forums considering most of it is about Blizzard games. You might want to step away and grow up. Also you might want to take your own advice since you don't like BenBos's opinion. What are you, 12?