Range weapon transmog

I am curious, I started out on Horde and was a female orc and loved it but some RL friends were Alli so I switched over. The obvious dps choice was worgen but after playing it a couple weeks I simply am not a fan of the race size (smaller monitor it does take alot of room) I want to switch to dwarf but heres my question, say I have a bow and switch it to gun graphic via transmog will I get the gun crit bonus dwarves get or will it still read it in game as a bow. I have a nice bow right now and prob will be stuck with it a bit.

No you will not get gun crit if your actual weapon is a bow, but more important, go female dwarf to help populate them more.

OK so it will retain its original state as far as bonus value, thank you. Can you get rid of that annoying gun sound ? a dwarf running around with a bow is kinda wrong IMO.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the racial is now 1% exp from ranged weapons not 1% crit from guns.

Why would you transmog to a gun if the sound annoys you in the first place? there is always crossbow.

Crack Shot: Dwarven Racial
    Requires Ranged Weapon
    Expertise with ranged weapons increased by 1%.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20595

bewsh is correct, it is now just Expertise increased by 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    I believe the racial is now 1% exp from ranged weapons not 1% crit from guns.
    Oh Thank you this makes my decision easy.

Go female dwarf, don't let me down!

well, 1% expertise cant be more valuable then 1% crit can it ? I know that would allow maybe for some reforging to make up for the crit. And I also have been told to play what I like best but I am a pve player mostly so I am just trying to get the most out of my toon.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scum bucket View Post
    Go female dwarf, don't let me down!
    This is a tough decision to make, I know in EQ female dwarves can have beards I wonder if they can in WOW, that may sway me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zolav View Post
    well, 1% expertise cant be more valuable then 1% crit can it ? I know that would allow maybe for some reforging to make up for the crit. And I also have been told to play what I like best but I am a pve player mostly so I am just trying to get the most out of my toon.

This is a tough decision to make, I know in EQ female dwarves can have beards I wonder if they can in WOW, that may sway me lol
    1% expertise is 340 stat points at 90 i believe, 1% crit is 600 stat points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolav View Post

nope fem dwarves don't have beards

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    It's not necessarily about which is worth more itemization, but which is worth more EP.
    Of course from what I understand crit is a pretty strong stat for hunters, so it's most likely still better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    It's not necessarily about which is worth more itemization, but which is worth more EP.
    Of course from what I understand crit is a pretty strong stat for hunters, so it's most likely still better.
    It's a pretty strong stat, but getting hit/exp capped is still higher priority. I would say at earlier gear levels, when hit and expertise are harder to come by, the dwarf racial is probably better. Later on though, that extra crit pulls ahead. However, we're really talking about a fraction of a percent of total dps output. Crit is rng based, so a fight where you're just getting low crit rolls completely negates the advantage. If he prefers Dwarves, he's not hurting himself in any noticeable way by race-changing.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    What really happens is that 1% expertise gets reduced down to Mastery after you reforge (in an ideal situation and if you reforge properly). So really, the Troll and Dwarf racial just give you Mastery, not Crit or Expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    What really happens is that 1% expertise gets reduced down to Mastery after you reforge (in an ideal situation and if you reforge properly). So really, the Troll and Dwarf racial just give you Mastery, not Crit or Expertise.
    still does not change teh fact that one racial is worth 600 stat points and another is worth 340... the real kicker is the orc racial of "command" is worth 1200 mastery for a BM hunter.