Deleted

Question about Eyefinity/3rd monitor

Greetings guys, sorry to bother you but I've been looking on google for the last couple hours and I still have some doubts, so I thought I could ask you!

I'm finally going to buy a third Monitor and I have an ATI Sapphire 6950 2GB (http://www.bitcity.it/immagini/news/...-hd-6950-1.jpg). As you can see it has 2 DVI, 1 hdmi and 2 mini display ports.
    I've read from some quite old threads (1~3) years ago that to use Eyefinity the third monitor would need either a displayport or an external active displayport adaptor.

I've currently got two 24" Samsung S24B300BL (1 dvi-1vga) 1920x1080 monitors, my question is:
    Would getting a third Samsung monitor of that kind be a viable option (would I still need a display port adaptor with my 6950)?
    And finally is it worth spending ~150-160 euros plus the adaptor instead of a monitor with the display port already included in your opinion?
    I must say aesthetically I'd probably rather have 3 monitors of the same kind instead of a better but unmatching central monitor, but that wouldn't be a problem.

I'd love to hear any feedback or opinion on the matter, so don't be shy and feel free to suggest everything that comes on your mind!

Thanks!

I would personally prefer 3 of the same screens. It just feels more like a single large monitor rather than 3 different ones.
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just grab you up another monitor like the ones you have now along with an hdmi-mini dp adapter ( or an hdmi- mini dp cable, looking to get some of those myself and get rid of the adapters) and call it a day.

Three monitors of the same resolution and an ACTIVE DP adapter, and you're golden. DVI+DVI+ADP - DVI+HDMI+ADP, whatever, as long as one is tethered through an active display port adapter. Active display port adapters are around $25 online. First and second monitors = regular everything. Third + monitors, all of them, have to be connected via display port on monitor or via active display port adapter.
    Last edited by wt7; 2013-01-23 at 09:25 AM. Reason: additional info

Deleted
    Thanks a lot to all of you :3