Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Cross-Faction Grouping, or that seems to be the most obvious choice to me.
    N O!

Edit: I would explode, cry, rage, and die of a heartattack
    I got pissed off just by Faction change, or the fact that you could even have horde and alliance on the same server, that you would be able to logg a "horde toon and write to alliance". So angry.... (Yeah its a game, but they will ruin it in my eyes if they allow faction group/speaking). Then WoW is no more, for me. (first time in 8years(?dunno since vanilla!) i have thought "Il quit if they do this!")
    ...... I... has.. pwoblem
    Last edited by Aspect of Death; 2013-01-24 at 06:35 PM.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Cross-Faction Grouping, or that seems to be the most obvious choice to me.
    To me too.

But which implementation? How would it work?

Deleted
    All races for both factions maybe? A bit like the legacy system in star wars.

Would kinda like an Alliance Troll to play.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Human shaman just doesn't fit lore wise :/

You mean one economy.
    >.> No, the supply of millions of players will screw the prices on Everything down so low that no one will be able to make any gold. You would see alot of vendoring of mats that used to be worth something. So many undercuts nothing could sell.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    What's "Proving Grounds", by the way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    All races for both factions maybe? A bit like the legacy system in star wars.

Would kinda like an Alliance Troll to play.
    Apart from female caster worgen I don't understand what the fuzz is all about regarding the races.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    >.> No, the supply of millions of players will screw the prices on Everything down so low that no one will be able to make any gold. You would see alot of vendoring of mats that used to be worth something. So many undercuts nothing could sell.
    Yes I know, we saw that in D3 and GW2. But how does that mean there's no economy? We'd have a healthy economy, with insane competition.

Content scaling. All raids available for max level 90. ( Kara, ICC etc )

They already put it in the game in 5.2 that in BGs your level gets raised to that of max level in the bracket. So if you join a BG at 86 , your level will rise to 89 with increase in your appropriate stats.

Allowing x-faction raids to form.

15+ Year Old Account
    the new addition will be NPCs that do raids and dungeons with you, so you never have to tank, heal, or play with another actual person again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    What's "Proving Grounds", by the way?
    Supposedly it's something where you can hone your skills on your own in order to prepare you for groups and raids and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Cross-Faction Grouping, you heard it here first.
    That'd be awesome, especially for current raids. Dead realm? We just doubled the population. Want PVP? You still have it. EVERYBODY WINS except maybe some lore nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Apart from female caster worgen I don't understand what the fuzz is all about regarding the races.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:16 PM ----------

Yes I know, we saw that in D3 and GW2. But how does that mean there's no economy? We'd have a healthy economy, with insane competition.
    It wouldn't be healthy because unlike D3 and GW2 alot more players are on the AH, and that is the main way to get items for lots of people. In D3 alot of people don't use the ah almost ever.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    Content scaling. All raids available for max level 90. ( Kara, ICC etc )
    Finally. This is something I've suggested in various other threads (such as threads about CRZ). They should actually introduce downscaling instead of upscaling. With downscaling, something like BT can still be fun. World PvP stays valid. And leveling stays relevant.

They already put it in the game in 5.2 that in BGs your level gets raised to that of max level in the bracket. So if you join a BG at 86 , your level will rise to 89 with increase in your appropriate stats.
    Indeed. Looking forward to next iteration in 5.3 <3

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    It wouldn't be healthy because unlike D3 and GW2 alot more players are on the AH, and that is the main way to get items for lots of people. In D3 alot of people don't use the ah almost ever.
    Why wouldn't that be healthy? The margins would be lower and the item on are lowering in price. People would need to create more volume, and the amount of transactions would increase because supply can easier meet demand. Only thing to be aware of is botting.

Proving grounds sounds like a great and hopeful idea, but what about Class Transfers?

What is this that I speak of? This is the ability to change a character's class from one type to another (i.e., Death Knight to Priest). This may sound like a horrible idea, and probably could be for a lot of people, but they've already set the groundwork for it. Blizzard has the ability to de-level battle pets in real time. They're allowing players who were brought back via Scroll of Ressurection to have a free level 80 character with an already chosen gearset based upon a chosen class. Why would it be difficult for Blizzard to do the same to already existing characters?

"Character may be changed to any class that this current race may also already become (i.e., Dwarf Priest to Warlock is acceptable, but Dwarf Warrior to Druid is not). Characters above level 85 will be de-leveled 5 levels. NOTE: THIS CHANGE IS UNREVERSIBLE.

Choose your class and specialization below..."

Blizzard could easily charge $15.00 USD for this new service and allow players to play alts which they choose and might enjoy.

This is all speculative, and of course I'm not trying to say this will be beneficial or not for the game, I'm just trying to offer a different postulate. One reason that something like this is plausible is because GC mentioned that they have not yet announced the new feature. A lot of the previous suggestions in the pages preceding this are ideas that Blizzard has already mentioned they would like to implement at some point.

Who knows... >_>a

Deleted
    Proving Grounds if done right, could be the new big "time expender", just like LFG and LFR are, things your average player spend time on when he logs. I vote for proving grounds too. Most of the features you name are quality changes, or things you get with a bit of coin, more than features.

The only trouble is that it's a solo feature in a MMORPG, but as long as it's loot free, it will be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    Proving grounds sounds like a great and hopeful idea, but what about Class Transfers?

What is this that I speak of? This is the ability to change a character's class from one type to another (i.e., Death Knight to Priest). This may sound like a horrible idea, and probably could be for a lot of people, but they've already set the groundwork for it. Blizzard has the ability to de-level battle pets in real time. They're allowing players who were brought back via Scroll of Ressurection to have a free level 80 character with an already chosen gearset based upon a chosen class. Why would it be difficult for Blizzard to do the same to already existing characters?

"Character may be changed to any class that this current race may also already become (i.e., Dwarf Priest to Warlock is acceptable, but Dwarf Warrior to Druid is not). Characters above level 85 will be de-leveled 5 levels. NOTE: THIS CHANGE IS UNREVERSIBLE.

Choose your class and specialization below..."

Blizzard could easily charge $15.00 USD for this new service and allow players to play alts which they choose and might enjoy.

This is all speculative, and of course I'm not trying to say this will be beneficial or not for the game, I'm just trying to offer a different postulate. One reason that something like this is plausible is because GC mentioned that they have not yet announced the new feature. A lot of the previous suggestions in the pages preceding this are ideas that Blizzard has already mentioned they would like to implement at some point.

Who knows... >_>a
    Why not free, able to activate in game, and doesn't delevel your character? The game already gets enough revenue for things that are essentially automated, like server transfers and character recustomization...they can always throw more side stuff into the Blizz store for revenue. I'm surprised they haven't done mog sets yet, that would be a huge revenue generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why not free, able to activate in game, and doesn't delevel your character? The game already gets enough revenue for things that are essentially automated, like server transfers and character recustomization...they can always throw more side stuff into the Blizz store for revenue. I'm surprised they haven't done mog sets yet, that would be a huge revenue generator.
    While I agree that it would be nice to have such a feature available for everyone in-game for the price of gold, the likelihood that such a feature will be implemented in this way is probably not the case. I hate to think cynically here, but Blizzard is in the business to make money. They charge you $15.00 USD to change your Gnome Mage to a Night Elf Mage, and then another $15.00 USD to change that Night Elf Mage to a Night Elf Druid. Bam! They just made $30.00 USD and you are now able to play your preferred Race-Class combination.

I think there are plenty of players that would take advantage of such a service. Does your guild need a Rogue, but you don't want to use your time to level one from 0 to 90 and redo all of your factions? Pay $30.00 USD and your alt that you never play (or even your main) is now up to snuff. The reason I mention de-leveling as a POSSIBILTY is that Blizzard loves to have their players experience content. It doesn't have to be that way; just a potential part of the service.

The other thing this could do is provide you with heroic-quality gear upon switching. Instead of changing your gear to similar items, you get a full set of Class-Specialization appropriate 463 heroic gear to help you jump start your journey (or gear otherwise appropriate for your level).

It's going to be WoW family planning. You will be able to queue for a scenario with you and your friends where you'll be in game wed to your significant other. (wedding outfits already exist) Also after cybering in goldshire the fem in the relatinship can get in game pregnant.

The look of people trying to tank a giant raid boss with a baby belly is so going to rule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    It's going to be WoW family planning. You will be able to queue for a scenario with you and your friends where you'll be in game wed to your significant other. (wedding outfits already exist) Also after cybering in goldshire the fem in the relatinship can get in game pregnant.

The look of people trying to tank a giant raid boss with a baby belly is so going to rule.
    Haha, WoW is going to compete with EA's The Sims. I'll lol if this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    While I agree that it would be nice to have such a feature available for everyone in-game for the price of gold, the likelihood that such a feature will be implemented in this way is probably not the case. I hate to think cynically here, but Blizzard is in the business to make money. They charge you $15.00 USD to change your Gnome Mage to a Night Elf Mage, and then another $15.00 USD to change that Night Elf Mage to a Night Elf Druid. Bam! They just made $30.00 USD and you are now able to play your preferred Race-Class combination.

I think there are plenty of players that would take advantage of such a service. Does your guild need a Rogue, but you don't want to use your time to level one from 0 to 90 and redo all of your factions? Pay $30.00 USD and your alt that you never play (or even your main) is now up to snuff. The reason I mention de-leveling as a POSSIBILTY is that Blizzard loves to have their players experience content. It doesn't have to be that way; just a potential part of the service.

The other thing this could do is provide you with heroic-quality gear upon switching. Instead of changing your gear to similar items, you get a full set of Class-Specialization appropriate 463 heroic gear to help you jump start your journey (or gear otherwise appropriate for your level).
    Note that no paid service available through the Blizzard Store is considered a game feature. It's an optional SERVICE they offer.

Anything they announce as a feature for MoP isn't going to require you to spend money through the store.