Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
... LastLast
  1. #641
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Apart from female caster worgen I don't understand what the fuzz is all about regarding the races.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:16 PM ----------

    Yes I know, we saw that in D3 and GW2. But how does that mean there's no economy? We'd have a healthy economy, with insane competition.
    It wouldn't be healthy because unlike D3 and GW2 alot more players are on the AH, and that is the main way to get items for lots of people. In D3 alot of people don't use the ah almost ever.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  2. #642
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    Content scaling. All raids available for max level 90. ( Kara, ICC etc )
    Finally. This is something I've suggested in various other threads (such as threads about CRZ). They should actually introduce downscaling instead of upscaling. With downscaling, something like BT can still be fun. World PvP stays valid. And leveling stays relevant.

    They already put it in the game in 5.2 that in BGs your level gets raised to that of max level in the bracket. So if you join a BG at 86 , your level will rise to 89 with increase in your appropriate stats.
    Indeed. Looking forward to next iteration in 5.3 <3

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    It wouldn't be healthy because unlike D3 and GW2 alot more players are on the AH, and that is the main way to get items for lots of people. In D3 alot of people don't use the ah almost ever.
    Why wouldn't that be healthy? The margins would be lower and the item on are lowering in price. People would need to create more volume, and the amount of transactions would increase because supply can easier meet demand. Only thing to be aware of is botting.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  3. #643
    Proving grounds sounds like a great and hopeful idea, but what about Class Transfers?

    What is this that I speak of? This is the ability to change a character's class from one type to another (i.e., Death Knight to Priest). This may sound like a horrible idea, and probably could be for a lot of people, but they've already set the groundwork for it. Blizzard has the ability to de-level battle pets in real time. They're allowing players who were brought back via Scroll of Ressurection to have a free level 80 character with an already chosen gearset based upon a chosen class. Why would it be difficult for Blizzard to do the same to already existing characters?

    "Character may be changed to any class that this current race may also already become (i.e., Dwarf Priest to Warlock is acceptable, but Dwarf Warrior to Druid is not). Characters above level 85 will be de-leveled 5 levels. NOTE: THIS CHANGE IS UNREVERSIBLE.

    Choose your class and specialization below..."

    Blizzard could easily charge $15.00 USD for this new service and allow players to play alts which they choose and might enjoy.

    This is all speculative, and of course I'm not trying to say this will be beneficial or not for the game, I'm just trying to offer a different postulate. One reason that something like this is plausible is because GC mentioned that they have not yet announced the new feature. A lot of the previous suggestions in the pages preceding this are ideas that Blizzard has already mentioned they would like to implement at some point.

    Who knows... >_>a

  4. #644
    Proving Grounds if done right, could be the new big "time expender", just like LFG and LFR are, things your average player spend time on when he logs. I vote for proving grounds too. Most of the features you name are quality changes, or things you get with a bit of coin, more than features.

    The only trouble is that it's a solo feature in a MMORPG, but as long as it's loot free, it will be OK.

  5. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    Proving grounds sounds like a great and hopeful idea, but what about Class Transfers?

    What is this that I speak of? This is the ability to change a character's class from one type to another (i.e., Death Knight to Priest). This may sound like a horrible idea, and probably could be for a lot of people, but they've already set the groundwork for it. Blizzard has the ability to de-level battle pets in real time. They're allowing players who were brought back via Scroll of Ressurection to have a free level 80 character with an already chosen gearset based upon a chosen class. Why would it be difficult for Blizzard to do the same to already existing characters?

    "Character may be changed to any class that this current race may also already become (i.e., Dwarf Priest to Warlock is acceptable, but Dwarf Warrior to Druid is not). Characters above level 85 will be de-leveled 5 levels. NOTE: THIS CHANGE IS UNREVERSIBLE.

    Choose your class and specialization below..."

    Blizzard could easily charge $15.00 USD for this new service and allow players to play alts which they choose and might enjoy.

    This is all speculative, and of course I'm not trying to say this will be beneficial or not for the game, I'm just trying to offer a different postulate. One reason that something like this is plausible is because GC mentioned that they have not yet announced the new feature. A lot of the previous suggestions in the pages preceding this are ideas that Blizzard has already mentioned they would like to implement at some point.

    Who knows... >_>a
    Why not free, able to activate in game, and doesn't delevel your character? The game already gets enough revenue for things that are essentially automated, like server transfers and character recustomization...they can always throw more side stuff into the Blizz store for revenue. I'm surprised they haven't done mog sets yet, that would be a huge revenue generator.

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why not free, able to activate in game, and doesn't delevel your character? The game already gets enough revenue for things that are essentially automated, like server transfers and character recustomization...they can always throw more side stuff into the Blizz store for revenue. I'm surprised they haven't done mog sets yet, that would be a huge revenue generator.
    While I agree that it would be nice to have such a feature available for everyone in-game for the price of gold, the likelihood that such a feature will be implemented in this way is probably not the case. I hate to think cynically here, but Blizzard is in the business to make money. They charge you $15.00 USD to change your Gnome Mage to a Night Elf Mage, and then another $15.00 USD to change that Night Elf Mage to a Night Elf Druid. Bam! They just made $30.00 USD and you are now able to play your preferred Race-Class combination.

    I think there are plenty of players that would take advantage of such a service. Does your guild need a Rogue, but you don't want to use your time to level one from 0 to 90 and redo all of your factions? Pay $30.00 USD and your alt that you never play (or even your main) is now up to snuff. The reason I mention de-leveling as a POSSIBILTY is that Blizzard loves to have their players experience content. It doesn't have to be that way; just a potential part of the service.

    The other thing this could do is provide you with heroic-quality gear upon switching. Instead of changing your gear to similar items, you get a full set of Class-Specialization appropriate 463 heroic gear to help you jump start your journey (or gear otherwise appropriate for your level).

  7. #647
    It's going to be WoW family planning. You will be able to queue for a scenario with you and your friends where you'll be in game wed to your significant other. (wedding outfits already exist) Also after cybering in goldshire the fem in the relatinship can get in game pregnant.

    The look of people trying to tank a giant raid boss with a baby belly is so going to rule.

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    It's going to be WoW family planning. You will be able to queue for a scenario with you and your friends where you'll be in game wed to your significant other. (wedding outfits already exist) Also after cybering in goldshire the fem in the relatinship can get in game pregnant.

    The look of people trying to tank a giant raid boss with a baby belly is so going to rule.
    Haha, WoW is going to compete with EA's The Sims. I'll lol if this happens.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  9. #649
    Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    While I agree that it would be nice to have such a feature available for everyone in-game for the price of gold, the likelihood that such a feature will be implemented in this way is probably not the case. I hate to think cynically here, but Blizzard is in the business to make money. They charge you $15.00 USD to change your Gnome Mage to a Night Elf Mage, and then another $15.00 USD to change that Night Elf Mage to a Night Elf Druid. Bam! They just made $30.00 USD and you are now able to play your preferred Race-Class combination.

    I think there are plenty of players that would take advantage of such a service. Does your guild need a Rogue, but you don't want to use your time to level one from 0 to 90 and redo all of your factions? Pay $30.00 USD and your alt that you never play (or even your main) is now up to snuff. The reason I mention de-leveling as a POSSIBILTY is that Blizzard loves to have their players experience content. It doesn't have to be that way; just a potential part of the service.

    The other thing this could do is provide you with heroic-quality gear upon switching. Instead of changing your gear to similar items, you get a full set of Class-Specialization appropriate 463 heroic gear to help you jump start your journey (or gear otherwise appropriate for your level).
    Note that no paid service available through the Blizzard Store is considered a game feature. It's an optional SERVICE they offer.

    Anything they announce as a feature for MoP isn't going to require you to spend money through the store.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  10. #650
    Why wouldn't that be healthy? The margins would be lower and the item on are lowering in price. People would need to create more volume, and the amount of transactions would increase because supply can easier meet demand. Only thing to be aware of is botting.
    Because if you sell an item on the ah currently you know how bad undercutting is, its a huge pain and it just lowers the cost way down because it goes like this. Sell 1: Item x for 20 g, seller 2: item x for 19g , seller 1 pulls item and sells it for 18.5, seller 3 comes in and sells it for 15, seller two pull his down to 14 seller one pulls his 14. But think of this with litterly 20k people at any given time trying to sell one item and undercutting non stop. Nothing will sell unless and bottom level prices. Making gold on the AH will be only to the botters where the time invested Really isn't invested so they will sell items for scrap.

    I use the number 20k because it seems realistic if it was ONE Global ah, with 10 million current subscribers.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  11. #651
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Because if you sell an item on the ah currently you know how bad undercutting is, its a huge pain and it just lowers the cost way down because it goes like this. Sell 1: Item x for 20 g, seller 2: item x for 19g , seller 1 pulls item and sells it for 18.5, seller 3 comes in and sells it for 15, seller two pull his down to 14 seller one pulls his 14. But think of this with litterly 20k people at any given time trying to sell one item and undercutting non stop. Nothing will sell unless and bottom level prices.
    Actually a lot will sell (the S&D will have less friction), but your own items will not easily sell due 1 copper undercutting (requires a bit of luck). If people don't bother for 1 copper, they will vendor instead which lowers the amount of crap on the AH once more to the level where there's no friction. Even though you may sell less, you also get products for a bargain price (as you say, right above vendor price). Very rare items will still be pretty much rare. Overall, yes, there are problems with a huge economy. For example in Diablo 3 it meant the grind was completely not fun anymore as it devalued the cost of item drops. However it isn't as bleak and gloomy as you say it'd be because also the price is lower for items you wish to buy.

    Making gold on the AH will be only to the botters where the time invested Really isn't invested so they will sell items for scrap.
    Yes, but bots right now also run with volume. Bots will most likely rather vendor instead of 1c undercutting because this way they can use the gold right away.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  12. #652
    New feature isn't cross realm AH
    http://bit.ly/W3pbQs

  13. #653
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    New feature isn't cross realm AH
    http://bit.ly/W3pbQs
    Thank god.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  14. #654
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Finally. This is something I've suggested in various other threads (such as threads about CRZ). They should actually introduce downscaling instead of upscaling. With downscaling, something like BT can still be fun. World PvP stays valid. And leveling stays relevant.
    I could get behind this.

  15. #655
    it's not realms merging ... they added crz to avoid that

  16. #656
    Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    it's not realms merging ... they added crz to avoid that
    Possibly. But if they then also not want x-realm AH, the low pop realms will be continued to be screwed by CRZ. Ah well, who gives a rat about a few thousand players playing on some dead realm, they can always realm transfer for 20 EUR, right...
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  17. #657
    Bigger Backpack.

  18. #658
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,049
    Player Housing. Cross server chats. Real money AH...oh wait!

  19. #659
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,653
    So we know it's not:

    CRAH
    Realm Mergers


    Sorry guys, but it looks like this new feature will be totally unexpected.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  20. #660
    'We are happy to announce the long awaited Dance Studio! Yes this DEFINITELY takes priority over new models, incase you're wondering. With this new and super exciting feature, you can now dance like Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, MC Hammer, Shakira and even the gorgeous and talented Justin Bieber! Just pick a groove to make a move!'
    Last edited by ExtremeActionTess; 2013-01-25 at 12:23 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •