Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
35
36
... LastLast
  1. #661
    'We are happy to announce the long awaited Dance Studio! Yes this DEFINITELY takes priority over new models, incase you're wondering. With this new and super exciting feature, you can now dance like Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, MC Hammer, Shakira and even the gorgeous and talented Justin Bieber! Just pick a groove to make a move!'
    Last edited by ExtremeActionTess; 2013-01-25 at 12:23 AM.

  2. #662
    Dance Studio is such a niche feature. The previous features weren't niche. They changed the game massively. CRZ for example, is a game changer. LFD, LFR, BGs are all 3 game changers.

    Btw IMO transmog is also a pretty big feature. Its all in the eye of the beholder. If you want to see "one big feature in every expansion" you'll see only one. But I see various. The term game changer isn't something with an arbitrary set of definitions (correct me if I'm wrong) so pretty much any feature can claim it.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  3. #663
    Cross Realm Auction houses are the most plausible theory IMO. It addresses one of the big economical issues with CRZs where low pop realms without an army of botters can't even get mid level crafting mats from the AH. And they seem desperate to get people to stop hating them so much so something that makes them a bit less objectionable is probably high on their list of things to add.

    That's why server mergers are highly unlikely, yet. As we saw with the numerous iterations of them trying to make meeting stones a useful LFG tool, the most obvious and simple approach is often something they like to put off for a few years while they try to make a more convoluted solution work.

    The one I'd most like to see though is the content scaling idea. Either scaling it up for level 90s or scaling players down to appropriate levels. Also, a LFG-like queuing/loot system for old content to make transmog and achievement runs a bit easier so there's less people needling guildies to do runs with them or resorting to PuGs which usually just turn into massive whinefests.
    Last edited by Ecwfrk; 2013-01-25 at 12:51 AM.

  4. #664
    Those big type of changes always come out with the release of the expansion.
    And I doubt new models will be out before the next expansion.
    I suspect that's just an answer to build intrigue and interest, a little basic PR.

  5. #665
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    speedrunslive.com
    Posts
    18,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecwfrk View Post
    Cross Realm Auction houses are the most plausible theory IMO. It addresses one of the big economical issues with CRZs where low pop realms without an army of botters can't even get mid level crafting mats from the AH. And they seem desperate to get people to stop hating them so much so something that makes them a bit less objectionable is probably high on their list of things to add.

    That's why server mergers are highly unlikely, yet. As we saw with the numerous iterations of them trying to make meeting stones a useful LFG tool, the most obvious and simple approach is often something they like to put off for a few years while they try to make a more convoluted solution work.

    The one I'd most like to see though is the content scaling idea. Either scaling it up for level 90s or scaling players down to appropriate levels. Also, a LFG-like queuing/loot system for old content to make transmog and achievement runs a bit easier so there's less people needling guildies to do runs with them or resorting to PuGs which usually just turn into massive whinefests.
    Already said CRAH is not going to be the big new feature.
    Permanently unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.
    Maybe I'll be back for WoW2, but probably not. - Slowpoke, the former Dokhidamo

  6. #666
    Bloodsail Admiral Duravian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Franpsycho, CA
    Posts
    1,219
    Dance Studio?
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, I end it. Wtf guys, is it something I said?

  7. #667

  8. #668
    CR-Everything. PVP and PVE realms all merged into each own huge clusters (within the battle-group of course).
    Last edited by deef; 2013-01-25 at 07:38 AM.

  9. #669
    Moderator Millennía's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Triple spec.
    God I hope so. I really want a Brewmaster spec on my monk but i need healing and DPS for raiding

  10. #670
    Brewmaster jahasafrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,288
    I hadn't really thought about it before I read through this thread, but I'd love it if they implemented cross-realm auction house. It'd be really nice for low population servers and it'd greatly increase the potential number of customers one could sell to.

  11. #671
    I believe it will be level/gear scaling for old dungeons/raids so you can run any instance ingame with appropriate gear and stats instead of running the same level 90 heroics over and over again and still getting your VP for the week. Might even be a toggle for outdoor zones if you want to complete all the old quests with a level appropriate experience kinda like GW2 is doing it.
    Founder of Fjord Games, Creator of Dusk of D.A.W.N.

  12. #672
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Guild Airship.
    I heard rumors of this in WotLK, but I don't see how this could possibly be comparable to LFG/LFR. I mean how big of a feature can it be?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Triple spec.
    Probably not, but damn it wouldn't it be sweeeeet.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Human shaman just doesn't fit lore wise :/

    You mean one economy.
    Most people don't care about lore.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:40 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Probably something that's in EQ2

    Housing
    Dungeon Maker
    SoEmote
    Item Maker
    That sounds cool, but too good to be true I think

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:41 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Dance Studio?
    Wake up, hello, WAKE UP UR STILL DREAMING.

  13. #673
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Probably something that's in EQ2

    Housing
    Dungeon Maker
    SoEmote
    Item Maker
    How about Raid Boss for a Day...think about some of the stats those level 60 raid bosses had.

    Lucifron

    Health: 350,000 HP

    Abilities:
    Curses (range: 40 yards): 2000 damage after 10 seconds, and +100% to all abilities costing rage, energy and mana.
    Shadow Lash (range: 20 yards)

    1. party enters an instance, chooses one player to be the raid boss.
    2. raid party damage abilities scaled down to be on par with level 60 abilities while in the instance; player who is designated raid boss gets a set of action bars with limited special abilities.
    3. pew pew
    4. collect loot (vanity items)

  14. #674
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    How about Raid Boss for a Day...think about some of the stats those level 60 raid bosses had.

    Lucifron

    Health: 350,000 HP

    Abilities:
    Curses (range: 40 yards): 2000 damage after 10 seconds, and +100% to all abilities costing rage, energy and mana.
    Shadow Lash (range: 20 yards)

    1. party enters an instance, chooses one player to be the raid boss.
    2. raid party damage abilities scaled down to be on par with level 60 abilities while in the instance; player who is designated raid boss gets a set of action bars with limited special abilities.
    3. pew pew
    4. collect loot (vanity items)
    Nice idea, but where's the disincentive to stop the guy who gets picked to be the raid boss simply letting his buddies kill him?

  15. #675
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Nice idea, but where's the disincentive to stop the guy who gets picked to be the raid boss simply letting his buddies kill him?
    Yeah I was going to edit the post to include something that would address that then realized I didn't have a good answer....maybe special achieve/loot rewards if you're able to wipe a raid as a raid boss or pick off enough raid members? I'll think about it some more...

  16. #676
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah I was going to edit the post to include something that would address that then realized I didn't have a good answer....maybe special achieve/loot rewards if you're able to wipe a raid as a raid boss or pick off enough raid members? I'll think about it some more...
    How would tanks work? Guessing no player controling the boss would go for the guy with a shield.

  17. #677
    Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    How would tanks work? Guessing no player controling the boss would go for the guy with a shield.
    taunt and threat mechanics...would probably have to make it passive, you're forced to target whoever taunted/is at the top of the threat table.

    makes it less fun though D:

  18. #678
    TESO style servers would be great. But doubt that would be it =[

  19. #679
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I

    Most people don't care about lore.
    "Some people say" this yes. Heresay. Where's the proof for your statement?
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  20. #680
    High Overlord Soth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lightninghoof - US
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    LF wpvp axctually sounds plausible. Kinda like instant adventure in rift, ally and horde are both sent to an area via teleport and flagged and given a basic objective of kill or protect the town or something idk.
    You mean like Tol Barad or Wintergrasp?
    Lightninghoof - US : @WoWNivan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •