Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dance Studio is such a niche feature. The previous features weren't niche. They changed the game massively. CRZ for example, is a game changer. LFD, LFR, BGs are all 3 game changers.

Btw IMO transmog is also a pretty big feature. Its all in the eye of the beholder. If you want to see "one big feature in every expansion" you'll see only one. But I see various. The term game changer isn't something with an arbitrary set of definitions (correct me if I'm wrong) so pretty much any feature can claim it.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Cross Realm Auction houses are the most plausible theory IMO. It addresses one of the big economical issues with CRZs where low pop realms without an army of botters can't even get mid level crafting mats from the AH. And they seem desperate to get people to stop hating them so much so something that makes them a bit less objectionable is probably high on their list of things to add.

That's why server mergers are highly unlikely, yet. As we saw with the numerous iterations of them trying to make meeting stones a useful LFG tool, the most obvious and simple approach is often something they like to put off for a few years while they try to make a more convoluted solution work.

The one I'd most like to see though is the content scaling idea. Either scaling it up for level 90s or scaling players down to appropriate levels. Also, a LFG-like queuing/loot system for old content to make transmog and achievement runs a bit easier so there's less people needling guildies to do runs with them or resorting to PuGs which usually just turn into massive whinefests.
    Last edited by Ecwfrk; 2013-01-25 at 12:51 AM.

Those big type of changes always come out with the release of the expansion.
    And I doubt new models will be out before the next expansion.
    I suspect that's just an answer to build intrigue and interest, a little basic PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecwfrk View Post
    Cross Realm Auction houses are the most plausible theory IMO. It addresses one of the big economical issues with CRZs where low pop realms without an army of botters can't even get mid level crafting mats from the AH. And they seem desperate to get people to stop hating them so much so something that makes them a bit less objectionable is probably high on their list of things to add.

That's why server mergers are highly unlikely, yet. As we saw with the numerous iterations of them trying to make meeting stones a useful LFG tool, the most obvious and simple approach is often something they like to put off for a few years while they try to make a more convoluted solution work.

The one I'd most like to see though is the content scaling idea. Either scaling it up for level 90s or scaling players down to appropriate levels. Also, a LFG-like queuing/loot system for old content to make transmog and achievement runs a bit easier so there's less people needling guildies to do runs with them or resorting to PuGs which usually just turn into massive whinefests.
    Already said CRAH is not going to be the big new feature.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

"You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

Better version of my avatar.

Dance Studio?
    "The Thread Ender" - No seriously, whenever I enter a thread, people stop talking. Wtf guys, is it something I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Cho has been the most epic character in WoW to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every modern Blizzard game has a forum on MMO-Champion. This is primarily a World of Warcraft and associated Blizzard games website and forum.
    ...Except for Starcraft II and Hearthstone.

CR-Everything. PVP and PVE realms all merged into each own huge clusters (within the battle-group of course).
    Last edited by deef; 2013-01-25 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Triple spec.
    God I hope so. I really want a Brewmaster spec on my monk but i need healing and DPS for raiding

I hadn't really thought about it before I read through this thread, but I'd love it if they implemented cross-realm auction house. It'd be really nice for low population servers and it'd greatly increase the potential number of customers one could sell to.

I believe it will be level/gear scaling for old dungeons/raids so you can run any instance ingame with appropriate gear and stats instead of running the same level 90 heroics over and over again and still getting your VP for the week. Might even be a toggle for outdoor zones if you want to complete all the old quests with a level appropriate experience kinda like GW2 is doing it.
    Founder of Fjord Games, Creator of Dusk of D.A.W.N.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Guild Airship.
    I heard rumors of this in WotLK, but I don't see how this could possibly be comparable to LFG/LFR. I mean how big of a feature can it be?

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Triple spec.
    Probably not, but damn it wouldn't it be sweeeeet.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Human shaman just doesn't fit lore wise :/

You mean one economy.
    Most people don't care about lore.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Probably something that's in EQ2

Housing
    Dungeon Maker
    SoEmote
    Item Maker
    That sounds cool, but too good to be true I think

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Dance Studio?
    Wake up, hello, WAKE UP UR STILL DREAMING.

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Probably something that's in EQ2

Housing
    Dungeon Maker
    SoEmote
    Item Maker
    How about Raid Boss for a Day...think about some of the stats those level 60 raid bosses had.

Lucifron

Health: 350,000 HP

Abilities:
    Curses (range: 40 yards): 2000 damage after 10 seconds, and +100% to all abilities costing rage, energy and mana.
    Shadow Lash (range: 20 yards)

1. party enters an instance, chooses one player to be the raid boss.
    2. raid party damage abilities scaled down to be on par with level 60 abilities while in the instance; player who is designated raid boss gets a set of action bars with limited special abilities.
    3. pew pew
    4. collect loot (vanity items)

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    How about Raid Boss for a Day...think about some of the stats those level 60 raid bosses had.

Lucifron

Health: 350,000 HP

Abilities:
    Curses (range: 40 yards): 2000 damage after 10 seconds, and +100% to all abilities costing rage, energy and mana.
    Shadow Lash (range: 20 yards)

1. party enters an instance, chooses one player to be the raid boss.
    2. raid party damage abilities scaled down to be on par with level 60 abilities while in the instance; player who is designated raid boss gets a set of action bars with limited special abilities.
    3. pew pew
    4. collect loot (vanity items)
    Nice idea, but where's the disincentive to stop the guy who gets picked to be the raid boss simply letting his buddies kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Nice idea, but where's the disincentive to stop the guy who gets picked to be the raid boss simply letting his buddies kill him?
    Yeah I was going to edit the post to include something that would address that then realized I didn't have a good answer....maybe special achieve/loot rewards if you're able to wipe a raid as a raid boss or pick off enough raid members? I'll think about it some more...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah I was going to edit the post to include something that would address that then realized I didn't have a good answer....maybe special achieve/loot rewards if you're able to wipe a raid as a raid boss or pick off enough raid members? I'll think about it some more...
    How would tanks work? Guessing no player controling the boss would go for the guy with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    How would tanks work? Guessing no player controling the boss would go for the guy with a shield.
    taunt and threat mechanics...would probably have to make it passive, you're forced to target whoever taunted/is at the top of the threat table.

makes it less fun though D:

TESO style servers would be great. But doubt that would be it =[

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I

Most people don't care about lore.
    "Some people say" this yes. Heresay. Where's the proof for your statement?
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    LF wpvp axctually sounds plausible. Kinda like instant adventure in rift, ally and horde are both sent to an area via teleport and flagged and given a basic objective of kill or protect the town or something idk.
    You mean like Tol Barad or Wintergrasp?
    Lightninghoof - US : @WoWNivan

isnt proving grounds brawlers arena?