Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I like the idea of spontaneous world events like Rift. With Wrathion hinting at another Legion invasion with the meteor thing, I could see that happening in concurrence with SoO. Maybe have SoO out for a couple months and while we are knee deep in Garrosh blood, the invasion starts. Random Legion events all over Azeroth scaled to the zone they happen in. They could make it so the mobs health/drops scale to the amount of people who tag it and could make leveling a little more interesting as well. This could slowly ramp up and culminate in a single boss raid to bridge the gap to the next expansion.
    Something like that could probably happen as the pre-expansion world event. A preview of sorts, like Theramore was a preview of scenarios.

It's obvious that it will be that all Pandaren will desert Alliance and Horde to form a 3rd faction called The Cute Patrol, so that Everybody not playing one can enjoy the fun of slaying panda after panda!

Rated P for pls bilzard

Quote Originally Posted by DeadnightWarrior View Post
    I see some people mentioned the downscaling of stats in order to do old content like it was when it was relevant. In my deep meditation in the shower I expanded upon that idea, and bear in mind this was just brainstorming:
    What if Blizzard downscaled stats so you could do old heroics?
    This could be implemented into LFD, giving you another way to cap valor.
    The way I see it you could queue for either MOP, cata, wotlk or BC heroics, where you could choose to do either specific ones or randoms, where randoms would give you VP.
    As for gear from these old heroics, I wouldn't really count on scaling the stats up on the older gear to make it useful, but blizzard could implement achievements, pets, mounts or what have you. Also, this gives you a way to cap VP with a wide variety of heroics to do, if you acctually don't need the gear from MOP heroics.

While I personally think something like this would be cool, I don't really think it'll be implemented. I'm also aware that I haven't quite fleshed out the idea, but maybe someone could expand on this idea?

EDIT: Could also add challenge modes for these
    Queue for LFD; Include all heroic Dungeons (via dropdown for randoms or checkbox for specifics). Queue pops with heroic Shadow Labrynth. You are partied with an actual level 70 character, three toons between 79-89, and yourself, being 90. Anybody over level 70 is brought to that level and their gear is set to equal 70 heroic blues.

The gear you receive from winning loot is still good for xmog. You can also get pets, mounts, etc from the bag.

Means everybody gets to enjoy all heroics from 70 up. They would just need to start setting up new heroics or shore up some regs for similar options.

No one has mentioned some sort of alternative advancement system yet? People ate that up in EQ and they have it in Rift and used it in DAOC also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    No one has mentioned some sort of alternative advancement system yet? People ate that up in EQ and they have it in Rift and used it in DAOC also.
    And people complain MoP is too grindy already. No. Just No. AA systems are horrible.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    LFGu.

Tired of leveling a character and getting random guild invites but hate all the guilds on you're current server? Just queue up for LFGu. Soon you'll be placed into a random guild from a *random server. You won't have to worry about anyone taking anything out of the guild vault that you deposited, because you won't be able to access the guild vault. No longer will you feel forced to raid with your guild because they won't be able to invite you into any current tier raids. Tired of being kicked from guilds for no reason other than you're unsocial? Don't worry since a vote kick requires a majority vote by the time the 300th plus guild members have a chance to cast their vote the timer will have expired for votes. It's all the perks of being in a guild without any of the social nuances.

*LFGu users will never be sent to a server that is their home server.
    I give you a + for effort and idea but a big fat - for the implementation. LFGu = "HI GUISE WHO AM I TROLLIN TODAY HAHAHA" for the very same reason LFD is more trolling than PuG from same realm: anonimity. By having people on the same realm, the anonimity is lower and the reputation gain is higher. Guild hoppers lose rep with guild (but not to 0 anymore).

DEs are cool, but WoW players are used to grindy content.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    For those of us who haven't played, or even read into, any of those games, what did they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    For those of us who haven't played, or even read into, any of those games, what did they do?
    Basically your exp you gain becomes useful again. You might have a new set of enhancement trees with different types of progression. One could have all your stats so you'd have dex, str, int, sta, wis, etc and each point would be +10 with them each capping at 5/5 points so 25 total.

Then another could be something like mount speed increase 1%, run speed 1%, swimming, etc.

You might make a point cost 10 million exp for example and eventually you could cap each tree. They would probably have to disable it in PVP and like Osmeric said these systems are definitely grindy depending on how you implent it. EQ2 takes it to the next level here. http://beetny.com/eq2aa/ I didn't know they even had AA.

I'm just reaching...because Blizzard said the new idea will be game changing.

That's oldschool RPG. You level up 1 level, where do you want to have stat gain?

This way you could even get something silly as a "tanking mage". We discussed it also in Megathread Elder Scrolls Online.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Quote Originally Posted by @Ghostcrawler
    @Corndogfairy We don't want players to feel obligated to join e.g. the Jade Forest raid while leveling up. Working on a solution though.
    source

Do you think this might be the unannounced feature?

Quote Originally Posted by pewpewinface View Post
    source

Do you think this might be the unannounced feature?
    You totally misunderstood what he was talking about.

He meant: if you could still get XP in a raid group, then when leveling up, everyone in a zone would have incentive to form as large a raid as possible (to share kill XP and quest kills). He doesn't want everyone leveling in the Jade Forest to have to join the "Jade Forest Raid".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Scaling levels to lower dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What could it be?
    Based on the current game state:
    Bots formally legalized and sold in Blizzard's store. Possibly gold, items, titles and achievements too.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Transmog says yes.
    As does the addition of rare pets to old raids!

Honestly there's so many fan theories out there, I can't really decide what I think it'll be. Plus the comment about it maybe not being that big of a deal, a lot of these suggestions seem like they'd create more reaction than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Cross realm raids of current tier, as well as LFR at level 60 70 and 80? Sure, why not.
    I don't think they'd do that since they took the trouble to go back and make those raids soloable.

Here's hoping the big announcement is the end of CRZ, or at least that it's gone from PvE/RP servers, or maybe an opt-out function.

Thinking too small here. "We haven't announced it yet" is just a mission statement, an ethic. Blizzard is always hoping and striving and trying to make a new thing that eveyone will love, that will turn out to be the new 'game changer'. They don't have something stored up that they feel is 'the next big thing', they want whatever they have or will have to turn out to be 'the big thing'.

Quote Originally Posted by haloa View Post
    Based on the current game state:
    Bots formally legalized and sold in Blizzard's store. Possibly gold, items, titles and achievements too.
    Was this comment really necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe View Post
    My money is on something like "Collector" UI or "Transmogrification Wardrobe". They've been hinting for quite some time that they're looking at other ways for collectors of different things to finally have a space to put them and possibly arrange them coherently, instead of just enlarging the bags more and more until the screen is entirely filled by bag slots and/or pages of bank space are introduced.

Yep. I think that would be a pretty big feature. Making a UI addition not unlike the Pet Page where you can see how far you are on collecting a certain set that might be a PvE tier set, or a completely made up by the player set. Also the loads and loads of vanity items that only take up bag space can get stacked in a nice page like that with a preview window and information on where to get it and all sorts of other interesting things.

I'm thinking this is it. It's not a huge feature that could be used for new expansion hype, doesn't probably need huge amounts of developor commitment like Proving grounds or queue-based systems, but a big enough deal to be an anticipated "feature" for a patch.

I'm thinking some of the things people have posted so far, like LFWPvP, are great, but in all reality are things that would be better coupled with new expansions, due to the overhaul needed in rewards systems.

Another great idea I've seen floating around this thread is raid scaling. The framework is already in place for this; we see scaling happen on the PTR right now in ToT. We see Scaling already on live in the form of challenge dungeons. T
    This would be a great way to reward transmog gear from the raid you're running. I.E. Run Vanilla Naxxramas Challenge mode to pick up your tier 3 transmog, or Black Temple Challenge mode for a shot at transmogable warglaives.

Too much to hope for, but I could see this implemented as a patch. Not in the LFR system, though. Like challenge mode heroics, you should have to pick up your own group for this.

i pray its an opt out option for crz. (I know i can dream can't I?)

but really maybe it will be something along the lines of how challenge modes bring your gear to a certain ilevel, except for all the older raids. So like on your character portrait you can choose to do any raid the way it was originally made, so it will scale you and your gear to the appropriate level. That would be cool as an option, and only an option cause i'm sure there are people like me out there that like to solo old things.

Or it can be something like a different storage unit to hold various things, or maybe it's even the squish they said will happen in one form or another.
    Last edited by jd812; 2013-02-06 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    i pray its an opt out option for crz. (I know i can dream can't I?)

but really maybe it will be something along the lines of how challenge modes bring your gear to a certain ilevel, except for all the older raids. So like on your character portrait you can choose to do any raid the way it was originally made, so it will scale you and your gear to the appropriate level. That would be cool as an option, and only an option cause i'm sure there are people like me out there that like to solo old things.

Or it can be something like a different storage unit to hold various things, or maybe it's even the squish they said will happen in one form or another.

I had forgotten all about the "Item Squish" but I remember reading a blue post somewhere that since they screwed the pooch on that already, they wouldn't do it mid-expansion now.