Better FTP: DCUO or Champions?

I'm looking to play a superhero mmo and I have played DCUO, Champions, and City of Heroes when they were Pay to play but now COH is gone the other two choices are ftp so I have to ask which between DCUO and Champions has the better FTP model? Am I going to log on to my old characters and find that they can't be played unless I pay because they have certain power sets?

I am not looking for a long term investment, just something shiney to mess with until I feel like playing in my regular mmo again.

Deleted
    well, if you've played DCUO before as a paying sub, you're now premium. http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/ is a chart that explains what each level does.

champions online has no in-between level for returning subs. http://co.perfectworld.com/freetoplay explains the differences between silver (free) and gold (paying) members.

both games allow free players access to the entire game.

10+ Year Old Account
    DCUO imo. I bought 2 extra content patches or w/e theyre called, grants extra powers among other things. But even without those there is plenty to do. Im not a huge fan of Champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Looks Like DCUO has the better ftp because Champions would only allow me to play 2 of my 8 possible characters and the one I want to play is a premium character archetype (Mecha-Chimp, a chimp in a huge suit of Robot armor). Unless of course I am over looking something.

DCUO is bloody awesome, the F2P actually had me wanting to pay for it, it's that good.

Do it man, get DCUO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its F2P, not FTP. Look up FTP and then stop using that acronym please.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Its F2P, not FTP. Look up FTP and then stop using that acronym please.
    Actually, FTP would be more accurate. However, everyone says F2P. Leave the guy alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    Actually, FTP would be more accurate. However, everyone says F2P. Leave the guy alone.
    No, FtP would be more accurate. FTP is File Transfer Protocol which has been around much longer than the F2P video game model. Its becoming a trend and Id like for it to stop. There was nothing wrong with F2P to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    No, FtP would be more accurate. FTP is File Transfer Protocol which has been around much longer than the F2P video game model. Its becoming a trend and Id like for it to stop. There was nothing wrong with F2P to begin with.
    I will call it what I like and you can continue to bitch about it, deal?

I've played and payed for both in the past, I like DCUO's gameplay better than champions but I like Champions character generator better and when it comes right down to it I lost interest in DCUO because I could not create a costume I liked having on my character and if I cant get into playing the character then I can't play it. The only costume I liked was a lion headed man with a leather jacket and biker boots/gloves that turned into a gorilla/bug/werewolf. Still deciding but DCUO has a new pay to play offer going on atm.

Are you so much of a hipster that you can't use F2P instead of FTP? FTP just looks stupid.

Anyways, go with DCUO.

10+ Year Old Account
    DCUO it has less restriction and if you buy a DLC you gt premium which lets you trade and such i managed to get 2x 999 station cash (free i was thinking some end of year gift) before they changed to some german company which i spent on the 2 CLD with the most pve content so i went with the lantern and uhh i think earth DLC i love my lantern cahr even if its not a real lantern and just a magically influenced version