Deleted

would anyone be interested in...

I'm trying to decide what spec to play and I'm on some insane concentration medicine to stop my narcolepsy, so what I've decided to in a word document do is break down every boss into every raid size/difficulty, and rank the three Warlock specs in terms of highest DPS, average DPS, and average 'elite' DPS (top 100 parses, best players/best gear).

this is really just to keep my brain occupied and for my own reference, but given the amount of arguing back and forth about specs, would anyone be interested in this information being made into a forum post? I know the information is technically available on raidbots but perhaps someone might find it useful as a reference tool to have the Warlock-only information in a central location.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 08:07 PM ----------

like this, for example:

Stone Guard

10 Player Normal

Highest DPS
    #1 Demonology (163,026)
    #2 Affliction (156,423)
    #3 Destruction (136,423)

Average 'Elite' DPS
    #1 Affliction (118,991)
    #2 Destruction (99,183)
    #3 Demonology (98,912)

Average DPS
    #1 Affliction (72,066)
    #2 Demonology (67,803)
    #3 Destruction (63,571)
    Last edited by mmoc3face9b311; 2013-01-22 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I guess with the top players mostly done getting geared it's slightly useful to see, but it's still pretty under influence of change, all this data. I won't say no to a nice forum post with your findings if you are going to go get the information anyway.

Just see if you still have the will to do it once you have all the info you need, then decide and make a post about it. I can change the title of this thread to better suit it if you put it in this one.

Deleted
    personally, i prefer afflic and demo but thats just me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Hmm I guess with the top players mostly done getting geared it's slightly useful to see, but it's still pretty under influence of change, all this data. I won't say no to a nice forum post with your findings if you are going to go get the information anyway.

Just see if you still have the will to do it once you have all the info you need, then decide and make a post about it. I can change the title of this thread to better suit it if you put it in this one.
    I figured we were at a nice level point in the patch cycle where gear levels and progress have settled down, so it would be a nice point to review realistic averages etc. I've written out a bunch of information already, so I can drop it in the thread when I'm done and if people want to use it they can do. I feel like it might make a good point of reference for all the arguments that have gone on recently, might as well share the wealth

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    I figured we were at a nice level point in the patch cycle where gear levels and progress have settled down, so it would be a nice point to review realistic averages etc. I've written out a bunch of information already, so I can drop it in the thread when I'm done and if people want to use it they can do. I feel like it might make a good point of reference for all the arguments that have gone on recently, might as well share the wealth
    If you ever finished your work I'd be curious in seeing it.

Deleted
    I'd love to see it also.

Deleted
    oh, I'll format it once I'm home and post