Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still like him, but MoP has pretty much ruined him.

Orcs have never been known to be kind until that fag Thrall came along.

Quote Originally Posted by jotabe View Post
    While a lot of Ashenvale was covered by military outposts, it had at least one great civilian settlement, and in the lore there are more than that one (probably ignored in game due to game-mechanics).
    So the inkmaster in Dalaran is a soldier but the relatives of the sentinels are civilians ?

Deleted
    What innocent blood elves in Dalaran? All of the blood elves in Dalaran are enfranchised in a military faction, the Sunreavers. There are no civilian blood elves
    You're a fool if you think that. And the Sunreavers aren't a military faction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    So the inkmaster in Dalaran is a soldier but the relatives of the sentinels are civilians ?
    Not all the citizens of Astranar are relatives of sentinels, not even the majority. And there are other non-militar settlements in Ashenvale.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    You're a fool if you think that. And the Sunreavers aren't a military faction.
    The Sunreavers are part of the Horde Expedition, which is the Horde military in Northrend.

The Sunreavers are part of the Horde Expedition, which is the Horde military in Northrend.
    an expedition is not necessarily military either.

the sunreavers original goal was merely to get the blood elves accepted in the kirin tor. they also served as hosts and diplomatic connection for the horde in dalaran and in the argent tournament. that's all about the sunreavers.

game mechanics-wise, the taunka were also part of the horde expedition. first: they didn't come to northrend in an expedition, they were already there. second: not all taunka are warriors.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I think any of you people who thought any good of Garrosh are extremely misguided or lack any sense of moral understanding when it comes to characters.

If you want to like a character because he's a massive douchebag, fine, do so, but stop equating such a character into the theme of the horde and as if just because he's the warchief that it means he represents it. He doesn't, Garrosh doesn't represent jack shit what the horde is about.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 10:15 PM ----------

I also find the fickle nature of the warcraft community just laughable in dicussions like this. Its all "oh man I loved him in cata but blizzard has so upended him like now and thats bad because he was not like this before". How can people be so out of touch with whats been happening in the story to have missed all the obvious points along the way.
    How many times do people need to tell you? Us who like Garrosh don't like him because we think he's a competent leader, he is obviously a horrible leader and person. I like Garrosh because he is a grim and evil character, I like him because HE MAKES WAR HAPPEN. That's why I like him, he doesn't sit on his throne and do nothing but save the useless undead leader's ass when she cries for it, this guy makes some epic lore happen, directly because he is a cunt. And yes, war is bad, but not in a game, I don't care if McPixelHuge dies, it's a fantasy story, in a game like WoW it is fun to be involved in war, that's why I like Garrosh, he makes the lore interesting and the game more fun. Plus, he's such a goof sometimes, can't help but laugh at him.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-01-23 at 01:57 PM.

Not all the citizens of Astranar are relatives of sentinels, not even the majority. And there are other non-militar settlements in Ashenvale.[COLOR="red"]
    Way to avoid the argument.
    Ok, let me rephrase it... do you think that the Inkmaster or the Innkeeper in Dalaran are soldiers ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Orcs have never been known to be kind until that fag Thrall came along.
    Actually, the Orcs started out as a pretty peaceful people before the Legion corrupted them and turned them into the Dark Horde, Thrall just kind of turned the Orcs back to their roots.

OT: Garrosh is a pretty terrible leader, but atleast he makes stuff happen that creates tension not only between the alliance, but also the Horde, which has been pretty interesting. However, I still can't wait to chop his head off and get a new Warchief, or have Thrall return to reclaim his throne.
    Last edited by mmoc0ea342aa3d; 2013-01-23 at 02:09 PM.

Blizzard clearly wants to make us like Thrall and hate Garrosh. I'm trolling them by hating Thrall and liking Garrosh

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Blizzard clearly wants to make us like Thrall and hate Garrosh. I'm trolling them by hating Thrall and liking Garrosh
    well, it's not reciprocal. you may like garrosh, but garrosh hates trolls lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the sunreavers original goal was merely to get the blood elves accepted in the kirin tor.
    Apparently that goal changed now to "use Dalaran's magic resources to further Garrosh's war".

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    How many times do people need to tell you? Us who like Garrosh don't like him because we think he's a competent leader, he is obviously a horrible leader and person.
    You are not the only one who thinks that way, but the majority of Garrosh's fanboys like him because they think he's a honorable warrior that fights for the good of his people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuzard View Post
    It's a lore fact that the Alliance use extreme torture methods to make their prisoners confess, or to just make them suffer for their own entertainment. They seem to have an extraordinary habit of cutting the eyes of their prisoners.
    Where exactly did you get this idea that the Alliance loves eye-gouging? That just seems...so arbitrary. Do you have a source for this info?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Way to avoid the argument.
    Ok, let me rephrase it... do you think that the Inkmaster or the Innkeeper in Dalaran are soldiers ?
    Yes, as they are Sunreavers.

Do you think the military doctors or the embedded journalists are soldiers? Yes, they are, as their function is to further the military effort of their side.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Where exactly did you get this idea that the Alliance loves eye-gouging? That just seems...so arbitrary. Do you have a source for this info?
    He saw an iron maiden in the Stockades.
    I don't remember actually seeing that, and seeing how the prisoners manage to revolt all the time, i wouldn't say it's even a maximum security prison.

As an Alliance player, the Horde is always vicious and evil. Having one leader be more vicious and evil doesn't really affect me, other than maybe seeing fewer of those Horde apologist threads where people claim the Horde is totally justified in everything because a gnome once stole their lunch money or something.

Personally I found the Cata stuff with Thrall much more offensive where every major questline and dungeon was focused on the supposedly neutral Thrall, even as an Alliance player. If I wanted to do quests for Thrall, I'd be Horde.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    As an Alliance player, the Horde is always vicious and evil. Having one leader be more vicious and evil doesn't really affect me, other than maybe seeing fewer of those Horde apologist threads where people claim the Horde is totally justified in everything because a gnome once stole their lunch money or something.

Personally I found the Cata stuff with Thrall much more offensive where every major questline and dungeon was focused on the supposedly neutral Thrall, even as an Alliance player. If I wanted to do quests for Thrall, I'd be Horde.
    Glad to see the shoe is on the other foot.

As a Horde I have lost count of the number of so called "Neutral" Alliance NPCs we have been forced to run errands for.

You may not have enjoyed Thrall being forced upon you in Cata, but Horde didn't enjoy Khadgar, Tirion, Malfurian, Rhonin, Anduin, Bann, Harisson, and the rest of the Alliance neutral club being forced upon us.

Personally I have always wondered what it would be like if Stormwind was the end raid of mop instead of Org and Varian was the one who went nuts and genocidal with the Alliance rebelling against him. But I suspect that would be too much for some to handle.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2013-01-23 at 04:12 PM.

Apparently that goal changed now to "use Dalaran's magic resources to further Garrosh's war".
    a couple of guys who belong to an organization do not represent the interests and goals of said organization. specially when the leader of the organization is against their actions.

aethas said on tides of war that the betrayal the sunreavers suffered from within was against his goals. he was also the one who cast the deciding vote for jaina to be the head of the kirin tor. if anyone was betrayed, it was aethas: first from a couple of sunreavers, than from the kirin tor whose hides he and his blood elves saved from the nexus war and the scourge war. first they beg him to join them, than they kick him out because 2 guys betrayed them? well, a lot more humans betrayed the kirin tor. I say kick humans out lol

He was great in Cata, people were fickle and chose to ignore this, writers then decided to turn him evil because he was not being received well - my conclusion on things.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Personally I have always wondered what it would be like if Stormwind was the end raid of mop instead of Org and Varian was the one who went nuts and genocidal witht he Alliance rebelling against him. But I suspect that would be too much for some to handle.
    The outcry would be immense, just look at the recent historical stuff that cause insane upset with Alliance players, it was embarrassing to watch and read as a gamer.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by JDarkslayerx View Post
    lol, but the funny thing is that blood elfs wouldn't even be able to hold a dwarf, you'll break in half with that weak and skinny body...
    You were saying? ;P

In a surprising display of raw physical strength, Talithar crossed the room in a single stride and lifted Baenan clean off his feet, slamming him into the wall. He held Baenan there at the blood elf's own height, almost twice that of the dwarf's, and stared him dead in the eye.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...daria/part-4/9

Garrosh still has supporters among the playerbase that much is certain, though they are not as numerous as they used to be.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've loved him ever since he took over for Thrall. I loved the idea of getting a more violent warchief, Thrall is way too soft if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Garrosh and the fact that he brought the horde back to it's violent roots.

I'm all for an all out war against the alliance.