Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beefster View Post
    playing 2 other games right know and having fun i agree with you whole hearty if your not having fun leave and find something you do have fun that advice i finally took on last month but its hard to let go of a game u left and loved due to new game design that is flatly not fun and make u feel like its a second job this expac did this for me but i wish that i can come back one day and have fun again 10 alts alot of time went into these characters 1 million gold 15000 ach points 160 mounts 400 pets you see i really did love this game all my alts where in raid normal /herioc gear in DS i played them all and had fun know i am forced to play 2 at most and i cant pug like i use to cause there introduced new tanking mechanics that tanks struggle with anyway thats how i feel about MoP
    Maybe I'm misreading what you're attempting to express (which wouldn't be very surprising considering the horrible grammar) but LFR still isn't even slightly challenging. Tanks do not even follow the mechanics and still succeed (usually with 3 or more people afk as well) so most of your argument is already blown out of the water.

Pugs are also no different than Cata and still are as abundant as ever so unless you're not skilled enough to find anyway (understandable if you find LFR challenging) than you should have no trouble finding one.

Considering this posters past threads, his insulting demeanor, lack of responses and his extremely poor grammar I think it's pretty clear what the purpose of this thread is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Never heard of this "Blizzard i do" company... who are they? A sister branch of Blizzard?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2013-01-23 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I've been hearing this same argument over and over again, it's been said many times why players on even semi-competitive raid teams are expected to max out their valor each week along with doing a myriad of other things that keep your character's performance competitive. Just because YOU do not understand why that may be doesn't mean people aren't feeling that pressure.
    I chuckle at the semi-competitive part. Capping valor each week isn't really much of a burden for anyone who's semi-competitive. I always thought what distinguished the competitive players from the casuals was that the competitive players would go out of their way to do more things to, you know, compete. Wanting to just log in for scheduled raids each week sounds kind of lazy. Not very competitive.

Deleted
    who here feels MoP introduced new ways too to milk the player base its alt unfriendly it killed trade chat PUGS which 80% of the population loved doing now their force you to join a guild to raid what if you hate guilds and anal retentive people you could always pug well there introduced new tanking mechanics in vaults to kill pugs u need tanks with some brains which this game doesn't have. DS(deathwing raid was boring but everyone pugged it it was great design i feel their killed pugs to keep medium to good players in LFR to keep the (spastic Casuals)happy and subbed
    Looking down on casuals (calling them "spastics") while your post reads like a 5 year old wrote it... Irony.

The casual player never asked for spoonfed content, but with the likes of LFR it had to be easy just because it's 25 random people. But you have to admit that the difficulty level of this tiers LFR is harder than DS ever was, so many one shot mechanics that people still fail at.

As for pugs, if you want to raid consistently and productively then join a guild, that's the way it has always been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    If you feel you're not getting your money's worth, then don't play.
    If you find yourself unable to do this then you have your own demons to battle with internally.
    Me? Nope I feel fresh and as full of milk as ever...

...wait.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I chuckle at the semi-competitive part. Capping valor each week isn't really much of a burden for anyone who's semi-competitive. I always thought what distinguished the competitive players from the casuals was that the competitive players would go out of their way to do more things to, you know, compete. Wanting to just log in for scheduled raids each week sounds kind of lazy. Not very competitive.
    Maybe not now but that first month or so...

also how easy or difficult it is to cap valor has nothing to do with the pressure to do so.

Also yes, semi-competitive, where most raid teams are...I reserve "competitive" for those teams who have a legitimate chance at world firsts.

Me? Nope I feel fresh and as full of milk as ever...

...wait.
    Haha.

who here feels MoP introduced new ways too to milk the player base its alt unfriendly it killed trade chat PUGS which 80% of the population loved doing now their force you to join a guild to raid what if you hate guilds and anal retentive people you could always pug well there introduced new tanking mechanics in vaults to kill pugs u need tanks with some brains which this game doesn't have. DS(deathwing raid was boring but everyone pugged it it was great design i feel their killed pugs to keep medium to good players in LFR to keep the (spastic Casuals)happy and subbed
    I'm not sure how killing alts and pugs equate to alting, but after a decade on the internet I am used to logical fallacies and unsupported thesis.

Cata "killed" alts, Wrath was the Alt Heyday, but the devs seem interested in having the conversation on how to make alting interesting and not painful.

Tanks asked for interesting content, so I'm not sure how a couple fights where they do more then get hit in the face is a pug killer.

DS normal mode was too easy, my mediocre guild cleared it on normal the second week, and would have done the first week if patch day wasn't the usual problem laden experience it often is. LFR is for facerolling, Normal is for average guilds, and Heroic is for Hardcores. The current difficulty balance feels about right. to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    "80% of population loved PUGs" -an interesting statistic, source?
    "they killed trade chat PUGs" -I don't see any substancial decrease in the amount of Pick Up Groups on my realm
    "you need tanks with brains to do normals" -not only tanks but also other members of your raid group should have some brains if you want to do higher raid difficulty, what is wrong with that?
    "deathwing raid was boring but everyone pugged it, it was great design" -I don't think boring fights are really a great design...
    "they killed pugs to keep medium to good players in LFR to keep the casuals happy" -why in the world would they do that? if you are really medium to good player you should be able to get invited into guild which is working on normals without a problem...

normal raids have higher difficulty now than they had in previous expansions because of the raid finder which is separating raiding into 3 difficulty levels instead of just two. It rewards better gear than LFR so naturally it cant be as easy as LFR.
    "Oh, you think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.

I didn't see the light until I was already a man and by then it was nothing to me but blinding." -Bane

Blizzard didn't kill trade PUGs, they just take a while to get going after an expansion
    They're always much more populous late expansion than after launch, because more people have more alts geared

Deleted
    To bad, the game prob isnt for you.

if you feel tanks are stupid, try picking up the mantle yourself, and you'll prob realise its just very hard to tank when your dps is a bunch of recount cirklejerkers :P Either that or they just use 2 buttons and expect the rest of the raid to carry.

I for the first time feel no allure in playing an alt, and I like it. I like that there is so much to do with my main character that I really dont need to play multiple characters to keep the game intresting, that to me, is good design.

And finally... its a game, not a government, not an evil membership buisness (I bet some will claim it is) But honestly, its your choice at the end of the day, and if you're not having fun... then honestly, what are you doing?

As said, its a game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 03:24 AM ----------

playing 2 other games right know and having fun i agree with you whole hearty if your not having fun leave and find something you do have fun that advice i finally took on last month but its hard to let go of a game u left and loved due to new game design that is flatly not fun and make u feel like its a second job this expac did this for me but i wish that i can come back one day and have fun again 10 alts alot of time went into these characters 1 million gold 15000 ach points 160 mounts 400 pets you see i really did love this game all my alts where in raid normal /herioc gear in DS i played them all and had fun know i am forced to play 2 at most and i cant pug like i use to cause there introduced new tanking mechanics that tanks struggle with anyway thats how i feel about MoP
    Sorry for the double post... But just cus there is a cap on something doesnt mean you have to reach it... turn the game into a grind for the caps and ofc it will feel like a job ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on how much time and effort the OP put into forming his post I imagine the problem lies with the OP, not the guilds or anal retentive people. Join a guild with people who think like you do, raid, have fun! Might take a server change or two, but if you're not a complete douchebag then I promise you'll find people who would be glad to have you with them.

Also, I am glad I don't have to do anything with alts. I started those alts because I was BORED with the game on my main. That should never happen, and this expansion has done it right. Pick one class, stick with it, and have fun. Don't always go for caps (I'm still not exalted with all the new factions yet and I've been playing almost everyday since launch day), and do what you want. The most important thing is to have fun. If you're not, its time to turn off the game and play something else.
    Last edited by zshikara; 2013-01-23 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post

If you have to qualify competitive by adding semi you are not even close to the realm of competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    They have never touched my udders, I swear!

If you feel you're not getting your money's worth, then don't play.
    Were you a MoP hater early on? It seems like you were either a hater or a lover.

OT: Wow feels like its worth about 25-30 month to me, so i have no problem paying. Cata was barely worth the 15 though.

No, I gave MOP a chance even though Blizz did not deserve another chance, and MOP is full of fail, so I canceled again.

If 80% of the playerbase really did enjoy "pugging" it wouldn't have gone away.

And what does "milked by blizzard" even mean? Are you not free to make the decision to play the game and pay the subscription? Blizzard is a business, they are not your friend. You the player have all the power in the world to play or not.

Deleted
    Eh.. Nope!

Also; trade chat is quite lively on Aszune-EU.

Don't compare your "New players" Server to mine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Can't pug on a low population server like the one I am from Sha gets pugged once a week and it's only about 2/3 full. I'm in a guild with like 3 active people so that disproves your having to join a guild to do something.

Sooooo, this game doesn't have any tanks with brains, and yet plenty of guilds/pugs get through not only normal vaults but heroic each week. No I do not feel "milked" because they added a mode for casuals and made raids take some thinking.

I don't agree with what the OP specifically said, but in general if you're still playing WoW you've been milked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    I don't agree with what the OP specifically said, but in general if you're still playing WoW you've been milked.
    I prefer to think of it as being I who have suckled at the teet of Blizzard and not the other way around.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-