10+ Year Old Account

Question Is Azeroth good place for living once again?

Hey folks, as first, sry for my English, it´s rather bad than good.

... plot - I played WoW since late vanila, through TBC, WotLK until progress of heroic DS in Cata. I stopped to play few months before MoP was released (Because it wasn´t fun for me at all ... for me personaly.). I bought the expansion and because of work, irl issues and so, I have stopped to play week after I´ve level capped my main.

Through the my gaming years I have been pvp bg maniac, pvp arena maniac, pve casual, raiding casual, raiding semi hardcore even true hardcore player (member of "world top 100" type of guilds). I am able to enjoy the game almost any time. My only needs are: vital realm community, appropriate pve content and bearable pvp ballance. Tbh. I found huge flaws in all of these attributes in late Cata, so when I look back, it wasn´t surprise at all that I have quitted to play.

Therefore Cataclysm almost destroyed all the joy of WoW in me. (I don´t want, at all, to start any flamewar ala "Cata ruined WoW") I have never liked the leveling experience in MMOs, no matter how good it was/is, so that´s the reason why, even after some time (very limited) in MoP, I cannot decide the question on my own.

Is the game, MoP in good shape now? Is it worth a try for a veteran, who was disapointed by Cata so much that he stopped to play at all?

Today I read through our old guild forums, viewed old screenshots, watched old guild movies and remembered one fact, that I realy liked the game, all the times, until the end of Cataclysm.

And now I am looking for advice, advice from someone who has been in similar situation like this. Someone who stopped to play in Cata, and started to play again in MoP. If the game is in good shape again or it is just not working anymore.

U WILL PROBABLY SAY SOMETHING LIKE, JUST GIVE IT A SHOT! U WILL LIKE IT OR NOT. But tbh. recruitment process for a guild, searching for arena partners and so on, farming gear and so on. I would rather hear good advice from someone more experienced in this aspect, than eventualy wasting my time.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you want advice on what? Unless you ask specifically about how X, Y and Z are nowadays, we have no means of knowing whether you'll like the new changes or not. That being so the best anyone can say without being subjective to the point of uselessness is "just give it a shot! U will like it or not."

Deleted
    Im having the most fun I've had since my vanilla and/or my early wotlk days. Make of that what you will, but I def feel that MoP was a step forward, not back. And compared to cataclysm, FAR more intresting.

Only thing cataclysm had going for it, for me atleast, was tier 11 raid content, the rest was very bland and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Well, you want advice on what? Unless you ask specifically about how X, Y and Z are nowadays, we have no means of knowing whether you'll like the new changes or not. That being so the best anyone can say without being subjective to the point of uselessness is "just give it a shot! U will like it or not."
    That is why I have asked for an answer from someone, who had similar experience of returning back in the game after Cata fiasco. I am quite sure, that there are not thousands reasons why people stopped to play during Cataclysm, therefore I presume, that if some1 quitted and have started to play again and liked it, that there is big possibility, that things are fixed for majority of people who had issues with Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    That is why I have asked for an answer from someone, who had similar experience of returning back in the game after Cata fiasco. I am quite sure, that there are not thousands reasons why people stopped to play during Cataclysm, therefore I presume, that if some1 quitted and have started to play again and liked it, that there is big possibility, that things are fixed for majority of people who had issues with Cata.
    Well, you're probably right that many people quit and came back after Cata, but people tend to both quit and return to the game for all sorts of reasons. I once quit the game for 2 years simply because it was getting in the way of college work, nothing had to change to have me return once I had finished college.

What were your main interests in the game? Raiding? Battlegrounds? World PvP? Roleplaying? Exploration? Solo Content? etc. We can only give our personal opinions on whether any of these got better or worse, but with added reasons behind these opinions hopefully you can flesh out your own ideas before having to pay for another month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Well, you're probably right that many people quit and came back after Cata, but people tend to both quit and return to the game for all sorts of reasons. I once quit the game for 2 years simply because it was getting in the way of college work, nothing had to change to have me return once I had finished college.

What were your main interests in the game? Raiding? Battlegrounds? World PvP? Roleplaying? Exploration? Solo Content? etc. We can only give our personal opinions on whether any of these got better or worse, but with added reasons behind these opinions hopefully you can flesh out your own ideas before having to pay for another month.
    Ye, ye ... I understand you. I am mainly guild basis PVE focused player. I enjoy PvP too, but my main goal when I was logging in the game through the years were various raid instances with many various moods and mechanics. I also love the social part of the PvE, when you and your guildies become friends because of progressing well tuned content. That is the main reason I played the game for the years.