Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Maybe the replacement gem is a bit steep. I think 7k would be good.

I'm a bit pissed about the Yak being 120k tho. They didn't need to double it from 60k after they made it account-wide. 80 or 90k would have been fine.
    Totally agree; despite being a mount collector, and having the money to buy one, I can't bring myself to buy it. It's just such a ridiculous amount of gold to fork out for one mount - and it doesn't even fly!

With regards to the gems I kinda feel the first one should be free and reusable - maybe a small fee (~1k) to remove it from the socket; I'd agree that buying a second gem for offspec should still be fairly expensive.

However, I have far more issue with the RNG in even acquiring a weapon to stick the gem into in the first place. Pretty stupid to be able to complete the whole chain and end up with a gem/upgrade you can't even use.

I don't agree with them being "too" expensive.
    They are expensive though, especially for someone who might not be working the AH.
    But they need goldsinks to keep the market cool, and even if it's a really small one, it's something.
    Also, getting a new gem like that is not something Wrathion does in 2 minutes, he's gonna need some funding if you want him to give you a brand new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Implying AH skill should be what warrants a legendary?
    The first gem is free. Free as in "costs a click on the Complete button in your quest window." When you know you can't afford a replacement, perhaps consider not using the gem until you get a weapon that you know you'll be using for a while?

I don't have to worry about it as I still have my first gem since I can't for the life of me get a Sha touched weapon.

There is too much gold sloshing around. You get 28g in every LFR fail bag, and 45 g for completing each segment of LFR. That means a lot of people are getting 500-600 gold per week just from that. Doing 45 dailies for tokens yields 900g. Plus vendor trash and mob drops. Plus all the gold pumped into guild banks by cash flow. And these are just the rewards that players who are poor get.

Repair bills and mount training don't come close to draining all this wealth from the system. If there were not other sinks, inflation would be out of control. Prices would be based on the circulation of wealth in the system, rather than the time inputs that create new gold. The only thing stopping this from happening is the fact that auction house players tend to suck huge quantities of money out of the economy and then sit on it.

But if everybody had 100k gold instead of 25k, the price of everything would just multiply by 4. Gold sinks keep everything pinned down.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Kinda agree with OP, but not in everything.
    Yak's price is nice. You buy it only once, it shares through your account and all your characters, present or future, get it. Not to mention such a nice option as ability to reforge everywhere - there were a numerous times this ability saved us raiders lots of time during progress raids.
    But, on the other hand, the price of upgrading a weapon is kinda ridiculous. I'd rather pay once for more and unlock gem forever, than this shit everytime - blah blah gratz with new shiny heroic weapon, go spend 12k gold, thank you. Not every hard/semihc raider farms gold, you know. Actually, this looks to me more like pushing nonfarmers to buying gold. And please, spare me the "you don't have to do it" and "legendary must really cost something" crap. As I said, I'm having nothing against buying gemstone once, even for bigger cost; but to pay everytime I switch weapon is kinda ridiculous to me.

I to feel that 10k is a bit steep for a gem. I recently main changed so I will only be getting the gem this week on my new main but I haven't got a good enough weapon to put it in so I will just have to wait until i get a nice weapon from normal mode but I do get annoyed that if I do get an upgrade then I have to fork out 10k for the gem, thousands of gold more for the enchant and then reforge it if necessary. Just feels a little to expensive for one item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I think these "legendaries" are already way too common to be even fitting of the name. Let's try not to make them cheaper by lowering replacement costs.
    This. They should be more like 'rares'...oh, wait

15+ Year Old Account
    It's too high imo. If I could have walked up to Wrathion as soon as I got 90 and said "alright I give you 10k and you give me that gem." that would have been reasonable. But I've been working my ass off for the guy...killing stuff, killing other stuff, and then finally killing more stuff. I think he should cut me a break. He's kinda getting greedy when you think about it. Last time the legendary Daggers only cost 10k. 10k for TWO LEGENDARY DAGGERS. Now he's charging 10k for a single gem. Talk about inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    Totally agree; despite being a mount collector, and having the money to buy one, I can't bring myself to buy it. It's just such a ridiculous amount of gold to fork out for one mount - and it doesn't even fly!
    What else are you pooling all that money for? If you don't like buying expensive mounts then it's not for the black market. I got the yak and that's the only time in my wow career I've had 108k on me at one time. I don't see the sense in having a lot of money lying around.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-01-23 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Me222 View Post
    Sha Touched Gems cost 10k to replace and Eye of the Black Prince costs 2.5k to replace.

I understand that these are legendary items and should be "difficult to obtain" and that it's entirely possible to obtain 12.5k in a few weeks solely from dailies. I also get that these items can be saved until you have a BiS or near BiS weapon.

However, I also understand that there are about 500k worth of gold sink mounts. Most things on the black market auction house go for at least 50k (discluding invitations of course). Weapon enchants cost about 5k (and used to be 10k).

I don't know it just kind of erks me that blizzard has added yet another substantial cost to this xpac if you want some freedom in upgrading your weapons.

Thoughts, opinions? Am I alone on this?
    From what I am reading in your post, you are a hardcore collector. You want to have as many things as you can, so, naturally, gold is an issue. Same as I am. However, the average player, and even the average hardcore raider, don't really bother in having as many vanity items as they can, so the 10k gold for the extra Sha gem and 2.5k gold for another Eye are not an issue at all.

In your case, I think you'll have to set some priorities on where to spend your gold, unfortunately.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Well, the cost for a single gem is indeed a bit high...

But you forget one thing. This is a "Legendary"...

And for a legendary, if you consider the previous legendary in previous expansions... It is very very cheap and quite readily available.

Honestly, if you can't afford 10k on a legendary now, or to invest some time getting this gold... You really couldn't even possibly think of getting a Sulfuras, a Shadowmourne or a Dragonwrath.... Which were a much more intense gold and time investment!

15+ Year Old Account
    I think you should be allowed to put normal gems in the Sha sockets for the people that can't afford it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are too expensive for me.. luckily I don't have a guild right now so probably won't kill normal Sha soon.. No need to gem again!
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

Saving mine. I don't play this game to do dailies or farm gold. When I get the right wep I'll use itm

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    i haven't seen any blue posts or datamined items that imply new sha touched weapons will be added next patch. dont know where people are getting this impression from.
    We haven't seen many datamined items, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    What else are you pooling all that money for? If you don't like buying expensive mounts then it's not for the black market. I got the yak and that's the only time in my wow career I've had 108k on me at one time. I don't see the sense in having a lot of money lying around.
    Eh... Pandaria Faction mounts (though I'll give you I've now bought them all except shieldwall), TCG pets, Other rare RNG pets (DMF eye, Crawling Claw, etc), T3, DMF trinkets, any gear that makes leveling alts through the tedious 85-90 suck less, and with 5.2 probably the raid pets depending on their drop % and the new faction mounts that are bound to appear.

The Yak pretty much offers nothing outside of reforging - I have a mammoth I bought back in WotLK and yes, it's amazing for repairs/vendoring especially while leveling. I just can't see any reason to dump that 108k extra gold just to get a portable reforge; maybe if you're a hardcore raider or you own silly amounts of gold and 108k is just pennies to you. I'd rather keep it on the offhand some more useful, good value gold sink gets added in future patches.

With regards to BMAH, yeah there are mounts I'd love: Invincible, the TotC horses, plagued proto, Zulian tiger, Razzashi raptor, Glad nether drakes and the old Amani bear. As pretty much all of those are removed, and we all know the prices Invincible goes for, I doubt I'll have any luck with that as I don't own a million gold.

I'll assume you mean the cheaper common mounts? A'lar, Ony, Azure, NorthWind, Vit Stone drake, Blue Proto, etc. I'd never buy any those purely because they're so easy to farm, if you can be bothered.

/back on topic

Finally got my RF weapon to dump this gem in... going to be so happy if we ever see a normal mode one and I end up have to pay for a new gem/upgrade/chant; to me it kind of ruins the fun of getting a new weapon drop, when you know you'll end up paying that much to even make it usable on top of the normal enchants/reforge.

How exactly do these weapons interact with the 5.2 tier weapons anyhow? Will we be dumping sha-weapons for 5.2 weapons? And if we won't what's the point of even adding any weapon drops in 5.2? Do the 5.2 raids drop new weapons with slots for the 500 stat gems? If we do replace them with 5.2 weapons, and they don't have slots for the ledge gems, doesn't that kinda make the whole questline up to now totally pointless? Or were the gems only intended to be used for one tier? /confused
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-01-24 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    How exactly do these weapons interact with the 5.2 tier weapons anyhow? Will we be dumping sha-weapons for 5.2 weapons? And if we won't what's the point of even adding any weapon drops in 5.2? Do the 5.2 raids drop new weapons with slots for the 500 stat gems? If we do replace them with 5.2 weapons, and they don't have slots for the ledge gems, doesn't that kinda make the whole questline up to now totally pointless? Or were the gems only intended to be used for one tier? /confused
    Same reason there were daggers dropping in DS: Not everybody is going to have the Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Same reason there were daggers dropping in DS: Not everybody is going to have the Legendary.
    Have they not pretty much said you're going to be forced to run through the t14 LFR to reach the Ilvl required for t15 LFR, and that they're going to hugely increase the drop rates of the items in there and increase the availability of the elder coins; outside of LFR, yes I suppose a few fresh 90s could be carried into t15 without doing t14 but that'll definitely be a minority. I know some people won't have their sha-touched weapons yet, but it's not like the t14 raids will be going anywhere.

Just seems a bit weird to place so much emphasis on the sha-touched weapons & their gem this tier if they won't continue it into the next tier and/or be totally outclassed by the 5.2 weapons. It's more I see it as a letdown having finally had my weapon drop, if in 5.2 I'll just be dumping it in the bank and switching to some bog standard boring weapon with no storyline - I'm not saying that will happen, I was more wondering if we know if that's likely.

Also... you mean the daggers that got DE'd pretty much every week? Also a slightly wonky comparison as you couldn't do your dagger chain on LFR, so yes those daggers were for people who only played LFR & refused to buy/get a 10-man save to pickpocket Hagara for their free DW ilvl daggers.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-01-24 at 03:15 AM.

Just seems a bit weird to place so much emphasis on the sha-touched weapons & their gem this tier if they won't continue it into the next tier and/or be totally outclassed by the 5.2 weapons.
    I foresee final raid tier in MoP dropping new Sha-touched weapons. So if someone doesn't have all gold in the world, I'd advice to keep all quest mats in bank until situation with legendary will become more clear.

I have to agree, they are a wee bit more pricey than I would like them to be. I'm trying to get a RF version on the Sha weapon, but my guild is approaching the end of Heart of Fear, and with my luck I will get the weapon right after I put then gem in the LFR version.