Poll: What do you think about morning rituals/charms?

Thread: Lucky Charms?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lucky Charms?

Hello everyone.

I've been wanting to ask you guys: Do you have some lucky charms and/or any morning rituals you do every morning? Like, I got a friend that got this little poster in his bathroom. He says out loud what it says on them, something along these lines: "I am great. I feel great. I am capable of many things. I will do what I have decided to do today. I am happy. I will make others happy" etc etc. I know others do some yoga, etc...

As for the charms: I am always keeping a little key-chain I got from a very special friend of mine on me at all times. I like to believe it brings me luck. Do you have any sort of charms you like to keep around?

Lol swear this was about cereal. Nope no charms for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Haha, close :P My best friend actually keep a toy he got in a cereal as a luckycharm.

10+ Year Old Account
    at first i thought this thread was about the lucky charms brand cereal. i don't believe in lucky charms. and i havent eaten any since i was 10.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My morning ritual:
    1. Manage to make it out of bed
    2. Manage to not pee all over the floor when going to the bathroom
    3. Manage to make some incarnation of breakfast
    4. Manage to make it out the door on time
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    My morning ritual:
    1. Manage to make it out of bed
    2. Manage to not pee all over the floor when going to the bathroom
    3. Manage to make some incarnation of breakfast
    4. Manage to make it out the door on time

Sounds pretty much like my entire day. Haha.

Deleted
    I have a bunch of objects that have sentimental feeling that give me more confidence or a little boost when I see them and think about them, I like to keep things that bring back good memories... but not really a lucky charm per se. Morning ritual... stumble out of bed, sit down at PC :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a thing that I really dislike, though. Like, makes me believe brings bad luck. I have none of them, but it's empty bottles/jars. I guess you could imagine them looking like the flasks from Zelda. Really, glassjars with a wide opening. Why I think they bring bad luck? Well, to me, they feel like empty promises... which sounds a bit weird since you can see through them, but.. yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes..it's kind of sad really...i have a glass of chocolate milk in the morning and again before bed...it just seemed like i was happier/ healthier( haven't gotten ill or sick since starting it) and i tended to sleep better at night >.<

I'm Muslim (I don't practice lols but I grew up as such and my grandparents are pretty hardcore Muslims) and there were a couple of pendants in my house with some Arabic words on it. I had no idea what the fuck they meant but they looked cool so I took them and decided to wear them as a good luck charm. I've always liked little trinkets and stuff anyway.

Those things were a fucking curse. I'd always hurt myself (not injure, just minor accidents) when I wore them and my Mom is a teacher and I wore them to school when I went with her to set up her classroom one day before school started and she got sent to work at another school, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember. I ended up putting them away and stopped using them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides having to convince myself to not punch stupid people in the face all day ... no rituals or lucky charms.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Besides having to convince myself to not punch stupid people in the face all day ... no rituals or lucky charms.
    That is rough. I'd consider that to be stress relief.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    nope i thought it was going to be about wow lesser charms xD

Pfft, I'm lucky if I have enough time to eat breakfast, let alone engage in any kind of good-luck ritual.

As a side note, I came here expecting a thread about the breakfast cereal.

Deleted
    I have a half-burned candle I keep in the top drawer. I lit it after saying goodbye to my old dog after the vet took him away and put him to sleep. He wasn't conscious then any more but it was the hardest thing I've ever lived through and felt like losing a family member. I also have a tiny scent pillow and a wooden carved doe with 3 missing legs that belonged to my grandmother.

It's probably sounds stupid but every time I'm feeling very sad, I take them out, look at them, think about the fondest memories I have about my gran and the dog, talk to them in my head (not in the crazy way.. just you know, tell them I still think about them and that I wish they are in a better place now) and cry till I feel a little better.

I also have a necklace thats sort of a lucky charm But I wear it every day anyway, not just on occasions I need luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will soon demand pictures of this cereal treat which I hear myths about! Really, I had no idea it was a cereal :P But I must say I was expecting to get a few who was going to refer to those lucky charms in WoW.

What Lizbeth said - Yeah, I totally see what you mean. I got the same way with a couple of things. Whenever I feel sad that my brother died(Hey, I always feel sad about it, but it comes in pulses. I miss him all the time, but sometimes... more than "normal") I tend to pull out some of his characters on WoW, or play videogames he would play with me when I was little.

Good times...

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    at first i thought this thread was about the lucky charms brand cereal. i don't believe in lucky charms. and i havent eaten any since i was 10.
    i had to wonder the same thing, lol. also, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El4tHP5HdPA
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    I will soon demand pictures of this cereal treat which I hear myths about

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh... Looks tasty. Although.... Given the E-chemicals in the coloring... overdose will give you cancer?