Warcraft inspired park

I was brosing the net and i found this article on Eurogamer:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...aft-theme-park
    It was built in China without any license. But as you can see by the photos, it's not just Warcraft inspired, it's general medieval fantasy. And it looks....AWESOME.

Why Blizzard hasn't yet made a Blizzard themed park, i keep asking myself? Huge fanbase, diversified universe, lots of money to invest (from our subs), heck i would definitely go to a Blizzard park.

Grats to the chinese that did it first. Some things look a bit funny, but overall the park looks really well done (and it's not complete yet).

So that's what the chinese gold farmers have been up to with our money.
    -drhickman1983

Because it would cost them nearly all the money they are making from WoW just to make a huge themepark. Thats ridiculous. They are not going to do that. They are spending tons of resourses on making the Titan MMO + starcraft plus possibly warcraft 4 plus next blizzcon. They dont need to waste fortunes on a theme park.
    Think for yourself.

That's not how it works Goreheart. If you have a powerful license, you have a lot of potential to make money out of it. You don't need to invest money directly, you can find partnerships etc.
    Thing is Blizzard has create 3 successful universes that are pretty charismatic and widely known among gamers (and even non-gamers). They have a lot of potential, it's not just making movies. It goes from theme parks to toys, to animated series, to merchadise.
    "If you created something people like, milk it, milk it, milk it". That's capitalism. Just look at what they did with Harry Potter.
    Heck, they milk even poor products and make lots of money out of it.

Wow, you managed to find out about something that not only is a year old, but was featured on the front page of MMO-Champ like a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Wow, you managed to find out about something that not only is a year old, but was featured on the front page of MMO-Champ like a month ago.
    I missed the post, i'm not reading MMO-C daily.
    Also, this community...Can't you just say:
    "Hey we already know about this park, it was front page a month ago here on MMO-C"
    No, you can't. You have to do it in an aggressive way. Why clarify if you can clarify AND insult?
    Yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Why clarify if you can clarify AND insult?
    To sum it up in a few words? It's the Internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    To sum it up in a few words? It's the Internet.
    This. Probably the internet's largest use (that no one speaks of) is to make oneself feel superior, regardless of the method one uses to do so. And since many of the people on the internet are both immature and lacking in self-confidence in reality, we have the cesspool that is internet communication.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |