Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Pit Lord Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,317

    Blizzard - We want to buff Arms mastery..

    Opportunity Strike Deals 75%(old) Deals 55%(new) main hand weapon damage. 10 yd range. Instant.

    oh yeah.
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  2. #2
    its just one of many many wariors nerfs-dont worry there will be more,sadly.

  3. #3
    Didnt I just see something on the front page that said warriors will get 100% extra benefit from mastery? That would mean this is to compensate for that huge buff?

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Didnt I just see something on the front page that said warriors will get 100% extra benefit from mastery? That would mean this is to compensate for that huge buff?
    No you didn't, that was haste, and was reduced to 50% Also, Arm's mastery was already 55%, they said they were going to increase to 75%, and changed their minds.

  5. #5
    Warrior's don't need buffs they're fine where they are blizz just can't let cata happen again

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    No you didn't, that was haste, and was reduced to 50% Also, Arm's mastery was already 55%, they said they were going to increase to 75%, and changed their minds.
    Lovely..

    Next goal - Destroy our mobility and we're back at Cataclysm 2,0.
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    its just one of many many wariors nerfs-dont worry there will be more,sadly.
    it's 55% on live, so it's not a nerf. Nothing will change.

  8. #8
    My only problem at the moment is, is that I love arms in pve... But the gap between arms and fury is INSANE. Fury does way more than arms.

  9. #9
    Pit Lord Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    Warrior's don't need buffs they're fine where they are blizz just can't let cata happen again
    I keep hearing this. And when we're talking about how we were in Cataclysm they say " So Warrior being OP and Rogues bad is fine? " No..I just want a viable class. Nothing more.. Not a bad class. They make it sound like Rogue can be OP, but Warriors? NO.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 10:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    it's 55% on live, so it's not a nerf. Nothing will change.
    Technically it's a nerf. They buffed it and nerfed it. They said " We want to buff arms mastery ". I mean C'mon.. 55% Weapon dmg. What is that with a proc chance of average 15-20%? It hits for something like 4-8k on resilienced targets. That's with colossus on.
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  10. #10
    When buffed, the proc chance is pretty high tbh, but the damage is SO low. It should generate rage, it's a pretty simple solution to making it more valuable as a stat.

  11. #11
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    291
    What it should be:

    - less weapon dmg (maybe 35%)
    - it has a chance to proc sudden death (removing the chance on op in the process)

    This would accomplish:

    - slightly better haste scaling (autoattacks can proc opportunity strikes)
    - better mastery scaling (the more mastery u get the higher uptime on sudden death)
    - more rng on rotation (it´s really boring atm)
    - less burst
    Last edited by burk23; 2013-01-24 at 11:50 AM.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Public TEST Realm
    Sorry, but this is the stupidest remark I've ever seen on this forum. What use is testing without feedback? Why would they even set up a public test realm if we weren't supposed to be giving feedback on it. I actually feel angry about how ridiculous your comment is, so well done for that.

  14. #14
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    if we weren't supposed to be giving feedback on it
    Providing feedback on a community forum that Blizzard doesn't official read, and you call me stupid? *golfclap*

  15. #15
    Okay guys, let's not discuss WoW, on a forum specifically intended for WoW discussions.

    You got roasted, just man up.

  16. #16
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    Okay guys, let's not discuss WoW, on a forum specifically intended for WoW discussions.

    You got roasted, just man up.
    You're free to discuss, of course you are, but claiming it is Feedback is stupid. Feedback should be provided on the Official Forums, otherwise it wont get noticed and then nothing changes.

    I wonder, how many people on these forums complain, yet don't post any official feedback, yet if they did, maybe the change would be made?

  17. #17
    You misinterpreted what they meant by buffing Arms' Mastery. They want to make the stat itself have a higher value for Arms, (not buff how strong the actual Mastery is) since the only stats worth a damn are Strength and Crit currently. Mastery is crap, and Haste is literally worthless. The reason they buffed the damage of the Mastery (which would have made the stat better), is because the Taste For Blood change already makes Mastery a better stat (attacking more often = more chances to proc Opportunity Strike), so they felt that an increase in the weapon damage from the proc as well would be too much. That said, I do agree that it could hit a bit harder.

    Also, @burk23 - Opportunity Strike already can crit, that function never went away.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Providing feedback on a community forum that Blizzard doesn't official read, and you call me stupid? *golfclap*
    It's been stated that they do look at community forums for feedback, why wouldn't they?

    The release for 5.2 is still someways off, while yeah, discuss and give feedback the more the likely "lets go ape shit" responses do not help or add to any discussion.
    Only make passive aggressive posts when it doesn't make you look like a dumbass.

    Flawless - Cats on Ice. Raiding twice a week. Go casual or go home.

  19. #19
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    291
    @ Egitel

    You´re right. How did i miss that....

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    You're free to discuss, of course you are, but claiming it is Feedback is stupid. Feedback should be provided on the Official Forums, otherwise it wont get noticed and then nothing changes.

    I wonder, how many people on these forums complain, yet don't post any official feedback, yet if they did, maybe the change would be made?
    GC and various other devs have said many a time that they do read feedback on fan sites (including MMO-Champion), so yes, they do read feedback here, not just on the official forums. While it is correct the official forums are probably better suited for feedback, chances are whatever's being posted here as feedback is just an echo of similar feedback being posted on the official forums. Sometimes people come to MMO-Champ just to bounce ideas and feedback off each other here, before collecting ideas and posting it to the official forums, since a lot of times the official forums are pretty outrageous. It's much easier to talk to the people on MMO-Champ than it is to talk to those on the official forums, especially if your post turns into a giant troll fest.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 06:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    @ Egitel

    You´re right. How did i miss that....
    To be honest, I wasn't 100% sure myself, so I just went to test it, haha. It only crit twice out of like 20 something procs, though, so yeah.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •