My troll for patch 5.2

I've played WoW off and on since beta and really don't have -that- much of an interest in playing all the time. Other than getting capped, i don't care for arena's or battlegrounds per say, I just love pvp (that includes DOTA, first person shooters, RTS, anything really). After recently activating my account again, I just hit lvl 90 on my hunter. I know a little here and there about pvp, I used to be serious into it and obtained tier 2 pvp gear (or what ever you call it) two separate times on a dk and rogue.

Well this time around, I'm in it for the trolls. With the new system making it easier to get pvp gear, I'm going to gem, reforge, and enchant all my pvp gear to stamina and defensive stats. With spirit bond ticking away, and chimera shot (both glyhphed for enhanced healing) rocking dual resil trinkets (human racial), I'm just going to be one annoying fuck in pvp. I mastered kiting very well towards the end of Cata.

Tank hunter, inc.

Gemming Resilience will give you more effective health than gemming stamina, and most people are gemming resilience already.

I am a Hunter, i have all conquest upgraded gear gemmed and enchanted with +resilience(since thats normal for most classes nowdays) i also have the battlemaster trinket
    I still drop from 100 to around 30% HP before the shockwave stun ends, mages can 100-0 me in a deep freeze and ive been crited by Chaos Bolts for 150ks.

So good luck with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    I am a Hunter, i have all conquest upgraded gear gemmed and enchanted with +resilience(since thats normal for most classes nowdays) i also have the battlemaster trinket
    I still drop from 100 to around 30% HP before the shockwave stun ends, mages can 100-0 me in a deep freeze and ive been crited by Chaos Bolts for 150ks.

So good luck with that.
    this. Level a blood DK / Prot war. then you will be invicible.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    And be worthless at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Walking HP bars don't win games.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    gem, reforge and enchant all my pvp gear to stamina and defensive stats
    Yellow: Resilience
    Blue: Stamina/Resilience
    Red: Dodge/Resilience
    Weapon Chain
    Sha Armor Kit on Shoulders and Gloves (and Feet if not taking Pandaren's Step)
    Greater Protection on Cloak
    Super Resilience on Chest
    Major Dodge on Wrist
    Buckle and Resilience Gem on Belt
    Ironscale Leg Armor
    Stam on Rings if possible
    Reforge out of offensive stats and into Dodge if possible
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    the 2 above me don't get the OP :O he wanted to be a TROLL ANNOYING people...

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Walking HP bars don't win games.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 06:38 PM ----------

Yellow: Resilience
    Blue: Stamina/Resilience
    Red: Dodge/Resilience
    Weapon Chain
    Sha Armor Kit on Shoulders and Gloves (and Feet if not taking Pandaren's Step)
    Greater Protection on Cloak
    Super Resilience on Chest
    Major Dodge on Wrist
    Buckle and Resilience Gem on Belt
    Ironscale Leg Armor
    Stam on Rings if possible
    Reforge out of offensive stats and into Dodge if possible
    Ohh thanks for the list, very helpful. Can I reforge pvp power or what ever it's called? For example I was looking at trinkets and I can get it them with 240 resil/1200 pvp power, or 240 resil/420 mastery (or what ever the numbers are, I don't remember exactly). So far, I've also been taking all the hit/expertise pieces over crit/haste like on boots, cape, etc.

And lastly, I'm trying to take diminishing returns into account -ALONG- with my healing abilities (that are all based off of max health). It seems that with a full set of pvp gear, a few fat stamina gems and enchants would be better than resil (by that point it would only be a few % if anything damage reduction I'm guessing) I would want to maximize Stamina in gemming and enchants to increase max health pool -> healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    And be worthless at the same time.
    Actually most people are idiots in BGs so using a fully geared out tank can have its advantages. I have used my DK in full tank gear to kite around half their team trying to kill me. If you can take 3-4 players out of the game in a 10 man BG its an easy win. For some reason they will keep attacking you I gues it just pisses them off that they cant kill you so they just keep trying. In the mean time you just captured 2 flags.

Ohh thanks for the list, very helpful. Can I reforge pvp power or what ever it's called? For example I was looking at trinkets and I can get it them with 240 resil/1200 pvp power, or 240 resil/420 mastery (or what ever the numbers are, I don't remember exactly). So far, I've also been taking all the hit/expertise pieces over crit/haste like on boots, cape, etc.

And lastly, I'm trying to take diminishing returns into account -ALONG- with my healing abilities (that are all based off of max health). It seems that with a full set of pvp gear, a few fat stamina gems and enchants would be better than resil (by that point it would only be a few % if anything damage reduction I'm guessing) I would want to maximize Stamina in gemming and enchants to increase max health pool -> healing.
    Resiliance, even the SLIGHTEST increase is better for ur effective health pool than stamina, in other words, RESIL>>>>>STAM ALWAYS
    And, we, who are about to die, salute you

Even considering spirit bond/second wind/etc, more resilience is a bigger increase to your effective health than stamina will ever be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh thanks for the list, very helpful. Can I reforge pvp power or what ever it's called?
    PvP stats cannot be reforged.

And lastly, I'm trying to take diminishing returns into account -ALONG- with my healing abilities (that are all based off of max health).
    Resilience has INCREASING returns, so if you have ANY Resilience, more is better. Hence why you're not gemming pure Stamina in Blue.

It seems that with a full set of pvp gear, a few fat stamina gems and enchants would be better than resil (by that point it would only be a few % if anything damage reduction I'm guessing) I would want to maximize Stamina in gemming and enchants to increase max health pool -> healing.
    Going from 40% to 45% resilience is about a 9% increase in effective health.
    Going from 45% to 50% resilience is a 10% increase in effective health.
    Going from 50% to 55% resilience is over an 11% increase in effective health.
    55% to 60%: 12.5% increase in EH.
    60 to 65%: over 14.25% increase in EH.

Again, only gem Stamina in Blue sockets, and even then make it a half Resilience gem.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Even considering spirit bond/second wind/etc, more resilience is a bigger increase to your effective health than stamina will ever be.
    This guy is also right.

See the following thread. Check out section 3B.

Stamina always loses to Resilience. The only reason you're gemming it in Blue is because it's both defensive and you get more stats from your gear.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP stats cannot be reforged.

Resilience has INCREASING returns, so if you have ANY Resilience, more is better. Hence why you're not gemming pure Stamina in Blue.

Going from 40% to 45% resilience is about a 9% increase in effective health.
    Going from 45% to 50% resilience is a 10% increase in effective health.
    Going from 50% to 55% resilience is over an 11% increase in effective health.
    55% to 60%: 12.5% increase in EH.
    60 to 65%: over 14.25% increase in EH.

Again, only gem Stamina in Blue sockets, and even then make it a half Resilience gem.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 02:48 PM ----------

This guy is also right.

See the following thread. Check out section 3B.

Stamina always loses to Resilience. The only reason you're gemming it in Blue is because it's both defensive and you get more stats from your gear.
    Hmmm, so gearing full resilience (half resil gem where appropriate) what is better.. Iron Hawk (15% damage reduction) or Spirit Bond (2% health every 2 seconds)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Hmmm, so gearing full resilience (half resil gem where appropriate) what is better.. Iron Hawk (15% damage reduction)
    Given the same uptime, and if Iron Hawk is multiplicative, Iron Hawk. Swap to HP regen when out of combat, and it's not the end of the world if you're caught in it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given the same uptime, and if Iron Hawk is multiplicative, Iron Hawk. Swap to HP regen when out of combat, and it's not the end of the world if you're caught in it.
    Iron Hawk is multiplicative, but you can't switch Talents in the middle of a BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Iron Hawk is multiplicative, but you can't switch Talents in the middle of a BG.
    Oh, I thought it was pets.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Ok I was going to reforge all avilable offensive stats to dodge and parry, but my character sheet keeps saying 0% parry...did they take that away from hunters all together when they got rid of melee weapons? I was hoping I could spread it out to avoid diminishing returns

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I was going to reforge all avilable offensive stats to dodge and parry, but my character sheet keeps saying 0% parry...did they take that away from hunters all together when they got rid of melee weapons? I was hoping I could spread it out to avoid diminishing returns
    Diminishing returns is incredibly minimal anyway. It's just been inflated by the community.

Go full Dodge.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

I can't for the life of me find a orange colored gem with dodge/resilience on it. There are parry/resilience ones though so I think they exist. Can anyone point me out it's name or something. I'm looking for a defensive gem in a RED slot, so red purple or orange. Or if anyone knows a good one, I'm not sure I want to do agility/resilience unless that's the only option.
    Last edited by Uncle Julian; 2013-01-25 at 05:28 AM.