Poll: Which cinematic do you think was better overall?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question SC2: HotS cinematic compared to ESO cinematic

I hope mods believe we can have a decent discussion/debate on the differences between these two trailers, but the main reason I think several of us (me included) have felt the need to compare them, is simply because they came out within 12~ hours of each other. I find I like both, but I like the ESO trailer more. I've seen some EXTREMELY strong opinions on both sides of the argument (computer forum regulars getting angry at each other, it happens, hopefully that won't happen here!) but I thought, why not see what more people think? Think hard, watch them both a few times if you have to, look at them critically, from multiple perspectives, pay attention to story, CGI, sound.

One quick comparison I make though, is that the SC2 one does machinery AMAZINGLY well, like it looks real, pretty much, but Kerrigan's face at the end looks far more CGI than for instance the elf in the ESO trailer at the 5:00 mark. This elf looks real, to be honest. I'll link a picture of them compared and the trailers.

PLEASE keep this civil! Mods, I hope you don't mind, I just want more opinions from a comparison perspective!

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

The Elder Scrolls Online

Please vote in the poll and tell us the pros and cons of each, if you have any!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

ESO can't help but look generic in the genre it's in. I choose SC2 for creativity.

And Ultralisks.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

ESO loses points for leaving out khajiit, argonians, and orcs. what's the matter? only had enough time for human models and models of pointy ears?

SCII loses points for the "BUT IT WAS ALL A DREAM! OOooOOOOOoooOOOOOooohhhh!" aspect.

in all honesty, though, i'm looking forward to both games, and it's difficult to pick a winner. both trailers had cool great action and excellent character design. ESO looked more realistic, but then SCII has always had a hint of that cartoony element, so the slightly less realism goes well with it.

Should be a fourth option for neither.

For hots, it was boring to watch since the match was just one sided. If they made the cinematic longer and shown off more fighting scenes then it could've been a decent cinematic. The ending did catch my interest though, would like to see what happens next.

For eso, it had more action but something just seemed off with the sound effects. The attacks felt hollow and the animations looked awkward. I did like the archer scene though, he looked pretty badass and makes me want to make an archer when the game comes out.

Deleted
    Both are equally awesome.

Deleted
    Looked over both. Could only hear "It's all about the money" ringing in my head while watching both.

Why did they have to ruin a great franchise by yet another generic, run of the mill fantasy MMO, murder by numbers man.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would stil prefer a starcraft movie..... heck mass efect had a cartoon like movie.

As for elder scrolls it loses points for only showing 3 (maybe 2) races. Unles the guy in a helmet is a dwarf (dwarfs were extinkt) http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dwemer .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Close call.. I'd have to say HOTS. Although this was completely objective since I'm far more excited about the release of ESO as a game, HOTS just looked more impressive in the cinematic.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    I would stil prefer a starcraft movie..... heck mass efect had a cartoon like movie.

As for elder scrolls it loses points for only showing 3 (maybe 2) races. Unles the guy in a helmet is a dwarf (dwarfs were extinkt) http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dwemer .
    Nord and Breton. You made me cringe when you said two =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Looked over both. Could only hear "It's all about the money" ringing in my head while watching both.

Why did they have to ruin a great franchise by yet another generic, run of the mill fantasy MMO, murder by numbers man.
    It is always about the money... for any game.

And seeing how ES:O is being made by a different company, without the SP version being thrown out (see, KotOR) I don't see how anything is being ruined.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you compare them? Neither is better or worse than they other because they have completely different art styles.
    The ESO trailer goes for cinematic realism, whilst the HotS one has it's own style.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post

The EOS trailer shows a Nord, Dark Elf, High Elf and Bretons, I think.

Deleted
    HOTS trailer has a female gnome in it, win by default.

Deleted
    liked both.

ESO is cool. Like the theme and the scene it plays. also it has a nice dark age feeling :3. graphics where awesome

HotS. Awesome graphics and the end was a positive surprise (without it i would have vote for ESO i think)

I like them both a lot.

Technically both were amazing, although I think ESO edges out on character models. I was hard pressed to determine what was live action and what was CGI. SC2 had a larger scale though, and I am a sucker for giant sci fi battles.

However.... FREAKING ZOMBIE WEREWOLVES!
    RETH

Deleted
    I liked the EOS one quite a lot, although I did not appreciate the fact that it held no emotional impact, as opposed to the HOTS one, which, being a Blizzard cinematic, always has emotional involvement :P

I voted HOTS, buuuuuuuut... good lord, that CGI in the EOS trailer. That elf looked so... good!

15+ Year Old Account
    I want Elder Scrolls: The Movie o_o
    holyballs, some times i couldt see if it was CGI or real
    HOTS was what id expect from an Blizzard trailer ^^

and, note to self: make an archer
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I liked the EOS one quite a lot, although I did not appreciate the fact that it held no emotional impact, as opposed to the HOTS one, which, being a Blizzard cinematic, always has emotional involvement :P

I voted HOTS, buuuuuuuut... good lord, that CGI in the EOS trailer. That elf looked so... good!
    The elf's hair...
    HER HAIR!
    bvxckjbvs
    * Foams at mouth

Quote Originally Posted by seije View Post
    SCII loses points for the "BUT IT WAS ALL A DREAM! OOooOOOOOoooOOOOOooohhhh!" aspect.
    Actually I think that aspect gave it major points. If those things indeed happened, it would be very predictable, but now, you know nothing. It's a possibility, not reality. This gives major suspense points and wondering if those events will come to pass or not. So this kind of trick might be a lot of times bad for movies, but for a trailer I think it was awesome.

I like them both a lot. I see no point in comparing a fantasy CGI trailer to a Sci-Fi one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I like them both a lot. I see no point in comparing a fantasy CGI trailer to a Sci-Fi one.
    Well, in terms of which one looks flat-out believable/real, ES:O wins for me... it's just wow.