Poll: Which cinematic do you think was better overall?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Is it just me or does ESO look as if some of the shots are live action?

This just looks.... way too life like to me. If it's full cg kudos to Bethesda
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...5cMwxw0#t=267s

Deleted
    both trailers are good, great in fact ...

still i'd tend to like the ESO trailer a bit more.
    why ? well ...

I think that the HotS trailer feels more like watching a dull action movie whereas the ESO trailer gives me more of that "that could really happen" feeling ...
    hard to explain

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 06:13 PM ----------

i just watched both of the cinematics again and noticed that the ESO trailer doesn't show any Argonians or Kha'jiit ...
    Maybe they left them out on purpose because some of the shots were live action and just rerendered ... thus the authentic movement ...

SC trailer had a Wilhelm Scream. Clearly the superior trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    Is it just me or does ESO look as if some of the shots are live action?

This just looks.... way too life like to me. If it's full cg kudos to Bethesda
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...5cMwxw0#t=267s
    And this is the nitpick I have with the ESO trailer. It looks too much like a live action Hollywood Blockbuster. It just reminded me of LOTR, 300 or any other similar movie. I work in the field of CGI / Animation and while I'm astounded by the technical feat (I'm still not sure if it's full CGI, it's that realistic), it doesn't really connect to me in any other way. I felt the character designs (including that monster) were pretty generic.

The SC trailer on the other hand retains the video game feel, and Blizzard's fantastic artwork of course. There's nothing wrong with something looking like CGI, as long as it's good CGI.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2013-01-24 at 02:21 PM.
    Ashr

I was going to say both, but damn that ninja guy was a bad ass in the ES:O one (someone will probably get pissed that I called him a ninja but I have no idea what he actually is meant to be )

10+ Year Old Account
    Landing a Viking to fight an Ultralisk, hots wins for that.

HotS for sure. Why? Cute wiggling ultralisk butts

ESO showed alot of stuff that looks cool, BUT! never gonna happen in game, if there was really a class that threw knives like my sisters inhibitions, then it would be an awesome game, but, its ES, and will look like every other ES game, in fact wasn't there a lawsuit over a trailer for a game because it showed features that never ended up in the game? At least i know that tanks can go into siege mode, so Starcraft 2 didnt lie to me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's called artstyle...that's why they look different. Kerrigan is made out to be 'perfect', while the elf thingy has alot more features, wich makes her seem more real.

There's nothing to compare really. Every single little detail in these videos are worked on for weeks and NOTHING is left to it's own.
    You'd be suprised how long it takes for the Blizzard CGI theme to churn out one of these.

Also, there's this:
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpin...id-of-content/

Brings up a few good points
    Last edited by Iso; 2013-01-24 at 02:34 PM.

I choose HotS's because I think it's more epic. I may be biased because I'm hardcore SC fan. Most of things you saw in HotS's are actually the things that happens in the game. I think it makes you feel like you can relate to it. I also like the colours Blizz used in the cinematic too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    SC trailer had a Wilhelm Scream. Clearly the superior trailer.
    Lol, I also noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    I like the fact that OP managed to pick pics from the best part of ESO and the worst part of HotS trailer . (When it comes to cgi).
    I liked HotS more, it just feels so goddamn epic.
    Then again Im not even waiting ESO so dunno if that has something to do with what I like or not.

They should throw the Inception Horn into the ESO trailer, then they would be equal.

I think preference on the actual game has certainly influenced many here.

Anyway, I thought both cinematics are fantastic. I believe ESO's trailer was done by Blur Studios, they have been making epic cinematics for years. And Blizzard is well known for their cinematic team.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stfouri View Post
    I like the fact that OP managed to pick pics from the best part of ESO and the worst part of HotS trailer . (When it comes to cgi).
    I liked HotS more, it just feels so goddamn epic.
    Then again Im not even waiting ESO so dunno if that has something to do with what I like or not.
    I'm very very sorry.

There wasn't really any serious machinery practically at all in the ESO trailer I could compare to the arguably lifelike machinery in the SC2:HotS trailer. You do realize I have this in my OP:

One quick comparison I make though, is that the SC2 one does machinery AMAZINGLY well, like it looks real, pretty much,
    Right? You can't really give CGI higher praise.

But to be honest, the Diablo 3 CGI had better human faces than the SC2:HotS trailer.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I think preference on the actual game has certainly influenced many here.

Anyway, I thought both cinematics are fantastic. I believe ESO's trailer was done by Blur Studios, they have been making epic cinematics for years. And Blizzard is well known for their cinematic team.
    I figured SC2:HotS would win, just because this is mostly a Blizzard fansite than anything else. WoW and then Blizzard's other games, and then everything else. Azuri suggested I ask this on mmorpg.com, but then I figure ESO would win by a longshot, so I get the feeling that across the board, if you polled all gamers and non-gamers, they'd probably come out a bit even - however a non-gaming friend of mine that I asked (without alluding to liking one trailer more myself, just sent her the videos and asked) said she thought the ESO one was far more memorable and had much better CGI.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

Man that LOTR trailer looks epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    SC2:HOTS by faaaaaar, --the only minus is that it was all a "'dream'"
    Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Man that LOTR trailer looks epic.
    Hah, it does have a Helms Deep look to it

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marypoopins View Post
    ESO showed alot of stuff that looks cool, BUT! never gonna happen in game, if there was really a class that threw knives like my sisters inhibitions, then it would be an awesome game, but, its ES, and will look like every other ES game, in fact wasn't there a lawsuit over a trailer for a game because it showed features that never ended up in the game? At least i know that tanks can go into siege mode, so Starcraft 2 didnt lie to me.
    A hydralisk can't just stomp on a tank and destroy it, though.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I figured SC2:HotS would win, just because this is mostly a Blizzard fansite than anything else. WoW and then Blizzard's other games, and then everything else. Azuri suggested I ask this on mmorpg.com, but then I figure ESO would win by a longshot, so I get the feeling that across the board, if you polled all gamers and non-gamers, they'd probably come out a bit even - however a non-gaming friend of mine that I asked (without alluding to liking one trailer more myself, just sent her the videos and asked) said she thought the ESO one was far more memorable and had much better CGI.
    [/QUOTE]

It's pretty subjective but for me I can't see how ESO's cinematic has better CGI. The swarm of zerg and the nydus worm looks really great. It's actually really hard to make an army of 100 zerglings and while making it look like each zergling has its own life.