10+ Year Old Account

is my resto shammy bad? or am i missing sumthing?

So yeah here goes,
    ive got a small raiding guild and seem to have a bit of healing probs!

my resto shammy goes oom pretty quick,
    and since im terribad at healing, U guys might take alook at it and tell me ?

(what ignores me the most is that he keeps yelling we need a 3 healer for every boss)

imo we dont , but thats my opinion

So here are some logs, hope some can help me out!
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=66791
    The Monk Phenomenon

Can't really say, but his healing looks fine, the other healer looks really undegeared... I'd rather 3 heal some encounters when the other healer is mostly blue geared..

The two things that jump out at me: HST should be used on CD pretty much and also, no you don't need more than two healers for Vizier since they nerfed Force and Verve damage. Your problem there is mainly that people are not avoiding getting hit by rings. Other than that nothing jumps out at me to be honest. I haven't looked too closely since I'm off in a bit but those are the things that, as I said, jumped out at me. Can't see any obvious issues with the shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanx for replying, we downed vizier yesterday pretty easy tho. wasnt on wol.
    i know the other healer has worse gear, but together on elegon they did pretty much the same healing. i just find it strange that 40% in the fight he goes oom!
    almost on every boss this happens.
    The Monk Phenomenon

Deleted
    I don't think it's his choice of healing, but more choice of gemming/glyphing.

His spell usage is fine, little more HST could be used, maybe a little less rain since I doubt it's as useful on 10 man as it is on 25. Keeping rain up full time is great, but you can't really complain you're going oom if you are When is he dropping mana tide? When he's at 70% mana or when he realises he's oom? Potions of focus are 45k mana and 10 seconds of mana regen on top!

He has riptide glyphed, it's a huge mana drain, and not nearly as effective without the initial heal. He should be using it on CD without the glyph, and I guarantee his riptide numbers won't change much and his mana will go a long way. He can replace this with glyph of TC or TR, whichever he prefers as these provide some positive mana return. I'd personally choose TC.

He's using primal elementalist but I can't see him activating the buff from either elemental? 10% healing increase, 10% less healing to do, saves mana!

In terms of gearing, more spirit! He's using a few pure int gems, these can be changed for 80int/160 spirit, every little helps! If he's got the gold, drop the Courtesan Figurine and get a DMC. The regen from this is insane. Also chest enchant to spirit and weapon enchant to jade spirit.

Also from the logs, he didn't have a flask? That's 1000 spirit right there!

TLR. healing is fine, can make his mana stretch further!

Quote Originally Posted by arnazza View Post
    Thanx for replying, we downed vizier yesterday pretty easy tho. wasnt on wol.
    i know the other healer has worse gear, but together on elegon they did pretty much the same healing. i just find it strange that 40% in the fight he goes oom!
    almost on every boss this happens.
    Not according to the logs. There is quite a difference in the total healing done.

On another note, seeing as I am in no rush to go off anywhere, I had a look on the armory and I'm going to 2nd pretty much most of what Hamerfal said. I'd personally go for crit instead of mastery (after 50% give or take) but that's my own play style factoring in to that.

You could always direct him/her to Vixsin's blog - Life in Group 5 If he/she doesn't know of it already.
    In my humble opinion the most awesome resto blog out there to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanthet View Post
    Not according to the logs. There is quite a difference in the total healing done.

On another note, seeing as I am in no rush to go off anywhere, I had a look on the armory and I'm going to 2nd pretty much most of what Hamerfal said. I'd personally go for crit instead of mastery (after 50% give or take) but that's my own play style factoring in to that.

You could always direct him/her to Vixsin's blog - Life in Group 5 If he/she doesn't know of it already.
    In my humble opinion the most awesome resto blog out there to date.
    Im a total noob healingwise, so ty for the help...i will talk/mention it to him
    The Monk Phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post
    I don't think it's his choice of healing, but more choice of gemming/glyphing.

His spell usage is fine, little more HST could be used, maybe a little less rain since I doubt it's as useful on 10 man as it is on 25. Keeping rain up full time is great, but you can't really complain you're going oom if you are When is he dropping mana tide? When he's at 70% mana or when he realises he's oom? Potions of focus are 45k mana and 10 seconds of mana regen on top!

He has riptide glyphed, it's a huge mana drain, and not nearly as effective without the initial heal. He should be using it on CD without the glyph, and I guarantee his riptide numbers won't change much and his mana will go a long way. He can replace this with glyph of TC or TR, whichever he prefers as these provide some positive mana return. I'd personally choose TC.

He's using primal elementalist but I can't see him activating the buff from either elemental? 10% healing increase, 10% less healing to do, saves mana!

In terms of gearing, more spirit! He's using a few pure int gems, these can be changed for 80int/160 spirit, every little helps! If he's got the gold, drop the Courtesan Figurine and get a DMC. The regen from this is insane. Also chest enchant to spirit and weapon enchant to jade spirit.

Also from the logs, he didn't have a flask? That's 1000 spirit right there!

TLR. healing is fine, can make his mana stretch further!
    Couldn't have said it any better.

This is not a make or break but I noticed he is almost sitting at 70% mastery. That is a littttttttle high...nothing wrong with it but if your raid doesn't drop to low health much, having that much won't help (could be wrong on how I explained that). He may want to look at some more crit as well. Crit can be an excellent mana regen. Maybe changing out those 160 Sprit/160 Mastery green gems to 160 Spirit/160 Crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also keep in mind that if the second healing is undergeared, he may be burning extra mana trying to balance out what the other healer is not able to provide yet.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |