Thread: Tsulong 10er HC

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tsulong 10er HC

Hi, today we are going to try this encounter.
    Tanks: Pala/druid
    Heal: Shamy, druid, holypriest
    Dps: moonkin,shadow,affli,arcane+(Dk,enhancer or another arcane mage)

My goal was to kill the adds at night except the last ones. For the dayphase we use shadowfury for stunning the small adds. I am not sure, which healer should take the 1500% extrahealing but i would prefer the shamy. Should our moonkin and/or druid tank take Hotw?
    I would be very glad for every hint for this encouter in order to prepare my raid for this boss.
    Thanks for your help.

Deleted
    We killed that one last week and we played with just 1 Tank to avoid any DPS issues in p2. In p1 we basically killed all small adds but the last ones. In p2 we had 3 melee and 3 ranged dps. All of us were standing in the middle of the circle to support group healing. The ranged dps were responsible for the 3 adds, i simply put 3 marks for 3 areas and if 1 ranged had two adds in his area, he just called for help. The three melee dps killed the first big add very quickly to get the breath on the small fearing adds. Same procedure for the second big add although we had to wait with dps for the breath. For the third add we pop heroism, cause it has to die very quickly since the timer for the breath is very tight. Heroism also helped us to manage the transition back to the nightphase.

For the small adds in the dayphase it was just the prot warrior who stunned them after the breath and then they died. (much easier to play with 1 more melee dps here cause u won't have any problems with the small adds)

Mainly our paladin used the extrahealing but our shaman did as well.

How did we do that with just 1 tank? Our prot warrior took the first shadow breath easily, second with a cooldown of a priest, on the third one our ret paladin taunted the boss for the breath, fourth one without any problems and fifth with cooldowns.

Deleted
    Yep, def one tank. Although neither druid nor pala have absorbs for the breaths, so they may need a big cd for each one...

@aurellio, your 3 ranged managed all adds from the middle by themlselves? I think ours need to step out... Or they are interrupting too much. 4 and they had problems (op, you can try to hard cc one add and focus the others before taking care of the cc'ed if you end up having any trouble)

Deleted
    So we could take a warri tank if we try this tactic but who should take the 3rd breath?

Deleted
    Espada: They actually do, yeah. Mage and Ele Shaman can simply slow and kill them before they reach the Boss. Our Boomkin roots the add right after the spawn and keeps it rooted for a while to get it low. If it comes too close, he kicks it off. We never interrupt the adds.

Gandoga: A paladin, either holy or ret would be the best. If you don't have this class, you may try your DK with a cd. A rogue with symbiosis and cloak might also work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Yep, def one tank. Although neither druid nor pala have absorbs for the breaths, so they may need a big cd for each one...
    Paladin got enough personal cds for sure. It is not even hard.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandoga View Post
    So we could take a warri tank if we try this tactic but who should take the 3rd breath?
    You could also bring the 2nd Arcane mage and have each mage take the 3rd breath in the 2 night phases with Cauterize.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    You could also bring the 2nd Arcane mage and have each mage take the 3rd breath in the 2 night phases with Cauterize.
    And how is the mage supposed to taunt the boss right before the breath?

Have your shaman acquire the %1500 more healing buff. Have the dk pop army, ghoul, and anything with a targetable mob that can receive heals such as psyfiend, etc. Have the shaman use Ancestral Guidance, ascendance and go all out. Enjoy his HPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurellio View Post
    And how is the mage supposed to taunt the boss right before the breath?
    with magic, duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Nero412 View Post
    Have your shaman acquire the %1500 more healing buff. Have the dk pop army, ghoul, and anything with a targetable mob that can receive heals such as psyfiend, etc. Have the shaman use Ancestral Guidance, ascendance and go all out. Enjoy his HPs.
    except they already fixed this 'clever use of game mechanics'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero412 View Post
    It's fixed.

e: As i said before, try your DK. Just taunt the boss with a CD, should work.

Deleted
    And how often should the tank reset his stacks and in which way?

Why would you need to 2 tank this...

Well we 2 tanked this and killed it last night so it is doable. We didn't have enough DPS online.
    Ashr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandoga View Post
    And how often should the tank reset his stacks and in which way?
    As often as possible and not during the breath

Hmm, never thought about 1 tanking this. The videos ive watched have all 2 tanked it. We have a blood DK (frost OS) and a brewmaster monk (windwalker OS). How hard does the boss hit with melee? As well as, from the sounds of it, a frost DK would be able to taunt/AMS every other breath?

Deleted
    He melees for 100~120k. Don't know about the DK, he may get critted. Mayhaps the monk with ToK and additional CD (for not getting hit for more than his health) is better. We do it with a feral with dispersion. Tsulong does his breath 5 times, the dps only need to take the third breath on each phase.

Deleted
    in my opinion you need DPS

With no Monk healer the Druid would be the best, just make sure he does not get the breath after he picks up the light of day as they overwrite each other have him probably pop a cooldown for each light of day if it possible and roll the hots on him during breaths as well should all the other healers. Since you have a holy priest have him pop guardian spirit on Tsulong before he gets light of day to boost his healing and have him probably do his tree form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostburn View Post
    With no Monk healer the Druid would be the best, just make sure he does not get the breath after he picks up the light of day as they overwrite each other have him probably pop a cooldown for each light of day if it possible and roll the hots on him during breaths as well should all the other healers. Since you have a holy priest have him pop guardian spirit on Tsulong before he gets light of day to boost his healing and have him probably do his tree form.
    So the Resto Druid grabs the 1500% buff and puts up a 3rd stack of Lifebloom, then the breath comes and any hard cast is going to replace the '1500% buffed LB' with a '500% buffed LB'

Doesn't sound optimal to me.