Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Sha of Fear Opinions

Our team spent the first night of solid night of progression on Sha of Fear. We run this kind of Comp:
    Blood DK
    BM Monk
    Disc Priest
    MW Monk
    Boomkin
    Aff Warlock(but not limited to that spec)
    BM Hunter
    Fire Mage
    Enhance Shaman
    Ele Shaman

We were not able to enter second phase and was not able to obtain Lei Shi's Hope. We all are running the ShaOfFearAssist addon. We use Heroism at the pull but save CD's for the Outer Shrines, and we ignore terror spawns for the entire first phase. We primarily have tanks pick up Sha Globes when in the outer shrine, but it seems like they end up missing one or two frequently. the fact tanks are missing them are they just being bad or does it really help to have a hunter or other class help collect orbs to make sure(and if so who else could help other tank on other platform). So the biggest things are:
    1. is leaving Terror Spawns up and not killing them the right thing to do.
    2. Do Tanks just have to straight up get the Sha Globes, or does someone need to help them
    3. Should we be hiding for Death Blossom, or eating it and continue dpsing
    4. Willing to take any suggestions, and do have the ability to change some classes if it really helps, just looking to get Lei Shi's Hope

Unless your dps has an immunity during death blossom hide (Deterence etc).
    From the high guilds that were streaming that i watched they were killing the terror spawns.
    Everyone in the shrines should be getting orbs, have everyone spread out and they only have to side step a little bit to get them.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ripperman View Post
    We were not able to enter second phase and was not able to obtain Lei Shi's Hope. We all are running the ShaOfFearAssist addon. We use Heroism at the pull but save CD's for the Outer Shrines, and we ignore terror spawns for the entire first phase. We primarily have tanks pick up Sha Globes when in the outer shrine, but it seems like they end up missing one or two frequently. the fact tanks are missing them are they just being bad or does it really help to have a hunter or other class help collect orbs to make sure(and if so who else could help other tank on other platform). So the biggest things are:
    1. is leaving Terror Spawns up and not killing them the right thing to do.
    2. Do Tanks just have to straight up get the Sha Globes, or does someone need to help them
    3. Should we be hiding for Death Blossom, or eating it and continue dpsing
    4. Willing to take any suggestions, and do have the ability to change some classes if it really helps, just looking to get Lei Shi's Hope
    While I cannot attest to the best way to approach the encounter on 10 man;
    - for the first pull of the night (in order to get into P2) we use 1 additional tank (4 instead of 3)
    - ignore all terror spawns (requires pretty good dancing skills on main platform) but you can definitely do it killing them
    - we use heroism and any/all DPS CD's on pull to burn Sha as much as possible
    - you don't have to go balls to the wall on pagoda's since you should never be without a tank on the main platform (this is where I'm unsure of the difference between 10 and 25); you can have at most 3 tanks on pagoda's and then 1 tank guaranteed on the main platform tanking Sha
    - our tanks pick up basically every single ball, if a ball spawns near a DPS/healer they will pick it up but won't go far out of their way to do it
    - definitely hide for Death Blossom, I doubt you'll be able to outheal it
    - have everyone run whatever their highest single target dps spec is (hunter playing BM, lock playing aff, mage playing arcane, etc)
    - from what I have seen of this fight on 10 man the first pull (to get Lei's Hope) there are 3 tanks, 3 healers and 4 DPS - then it transitions down to 2 tanks, 2/3 healers, 5/6 DPS

Hi, done the fight on 10m.

We were not able to enter second phase and was not able to obtain Lei Shi's Hope.
    Make sure people are playing optimal specs for getting to that phase. Having AOE talents and such here is useless.

We all are running the ShaOfFearAssist addon.
    This addon is pretty good but it's important that people use the right settings. IIRC the default settings are pretty horrible - the globe pickup settings are much better if you select them from the dropdown.

We use Heroism at the pull but save CD's for the Outer Shrines, and we ignore terror spawns for the entire first phase.
    This strat is completely fine. Note that you do actually need good boss DPS to ignore the Terrors as it will become pretty insane later on. I'm not sure if I'd recommend the hunter saving CDs either since hunters can rape platform damage with just 1 minute CDs.

We primarily have tanks pick up Sha Globes when in the outer shrine, but it seems like they end up missing one or two frequently. the fact tanks are missing them are they just being bad or does it really help to have a hunter or other class help collect orbs to make sure(and if so who else could help other tank on other platform).
    We have everyone pick up orbs. It helps that we all have our own path or way of handling each platform so we tend to get pretty good coverage even during dread spray. People just have to be careful not to get hit while trying to get orbs (watch the Dread Spray timer and positioning). Our healers are generally some of our top orb grabbers.

Should we be hiding for Death Blossom, or eating it and continue dpsing
    If you're having trouble with DPS on the platforms it's okay to soak blossom, but our Disc found it pretty hard to heal so he was swapped for a resto shaman. It's not really entirely necessary, people without immunities can LOS and such if needed.

our 2 tanks and healers soak the orbs. tanks mainly doing it, healers doing it if they are close, same with dps. dont kill any adds, use hero at start. we sometimes get a bad spread with 1 of the groups being ele shaman, spriest and mage but once u get used to the fight and get more comfy with it, it becomes easier. our first week it would take us at least an hour of attempts to get the buff but now on our 2nd week it takes us 1 attempt now. and dont worry about beating the cackle timer, u can be 5-10 seconds late with killing ur adds, just gotta have ur tanks pop cds(our dk tank has 0 problems taking the reaching attacks if we're late on killing the add but our warrior tank has to pop everything to survive until the group gets back)

dont try and dps thru blossom, too much dmg. warlock should be putting up dots and drain souling then moving behind the pillar. bops work wonderfully as well(didnt see if u had a pally while writing this)

1. We ignore the adds. We get to p2 in 3 cackles without Lei's Hope, 2 with. Adds don't get too crazy and our DPS are fairly mobile aside from the Arcane Mages, but they seem to manage just fine.
    2. Our tanks grab essentially all the orbs. Ranged grab the globes close to them and someone sprints around if the tank gets feared too many times, else just the tank.
    3. We hide for Blossom, except the tanks (Zen Med/Bubble) and BoP'd casters. Our Pallys run Clemency w/o Lei's, Purity with.
    4. For the most part, we do not save CDs for the panda platforms. You won't have longer ones on subsequent platforms, plus Sha needs to transition ASAP. Not even 1 globe can be reabsorbed or you'll probably take too long.

Looks like you got Tsulong. Hope my tips helped. :P
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-01-18 at 07:02 AM.

you cannot have more than two orbs get through the boss or the guys on the platform wont have time to get back, only pot if you have 1 orb got through

i suggest ignoring the add and just burn the boss and try to get the lee's buff asap

btw your mage should be arcane not fire and no you wont do shitty daamge to avoid missiles its easy to dodge
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    ...- you don't have to go balls to the wall on pagoda's since you should never be without a tank on the main platform (this is where I'm unsure of the difference between 10 and 25); you can have at most 3 tanks on pagoda's and then 1 tank guaranteed on the main platform tanking Sha...
    In 10 man you only have 2 tanks 2 healers 6 DPS, nothing else makes sense. You have to kill the panda on the platform until the other group gets cackled otherwise there is no tank on sha and he does a ton of damage. That's why you want to save your short DPS cooldowns for the pandas to kill them as fast as possible. I'm only speaking for normal mode here, but I think that doesn't change very much in hardmode.

Your Mage should play Arcane and your Hunter should start playing SV when you are pushing deep into P2, your Warlock should stay Affliction.

1. Yes.
    2. Tanks can solo the platforms most of the time, the healer needs to be paying attention to dispelling, other people can cover if required.
    3. There are very few cooldowns which allow you to see there and eat it, hiding should work fine.
    4. Your setup looks fine, Elemental is one of the highest specs on Dread Spawns, Affliction, Arcane and Balance not that far behind.

I would prioritize doing whatever you can just to get the P1 buff, then you'll find P1 to be easier.

A better addon to use for this fight is DSVR, it is _MUCH_ better than shaoffearassist, I know this doesn't exactly help you get into phase 2, but it's something that will help in case anyone decides to die to dread spray.

also does the Huddle in Terror in p2, can this only be dispelled by Champion of the light buff?

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    In 10 man you only have 2 tanks 2 healers 6 DPS, nothing else makes sense. You have to kill the panda on the platform until the other group gets cackled otherwise there is no tank on sha and he does a ton of damage. That's why you want to save your short DPS cooldowns for the pandas to kill them as fast as possible. I'm only speaking for normal mode here, but I think that doesn't change very much in hardmode.
    That's the P1 DPS check on Sha, that and not killing adds. I'm pretty sure Zen Meditation would work for Death Blossom, seems like you have nothing else for it really though (aside from tanks). Your warlock can obviously still DPS while LOS'ing, as far as I know he's the only one that can.

also does the Huddle in Terror in p2, can this only be dispelled by Champion of the light buff?
    Yes. Be careful of dispelling too many sets though - the damage gets high at the end, and passing champion that many times will cause the adds to take a long time running in, meaning you could fall behind. Not sure about 10 man, on 25 we clear 2 sets then stop.

In p2

Everytime you throw the light ALL the adds will use their aoe ability.
    You should be throwing it to all 3 people who get feared (can't skip boss mechanics in 10m like u can in 25m) and ONLY throw to 2 when boss is at like <5-10%
    We have people announcing before fear if they can survive without getting light as the boss gets lower, for example spriests can simple dispersion through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagzz View Post
    How do you skip boss mechanics on 25 man Sha?
    2-3 people throw the light back and forth between each other only and you heal through the fear instead of throwing the light to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagzz View Post
    How is that skipping a mechanic? In 10 man you skip having to heal through the Huddles fully, in 25 man you throw less. Anyways, in 25 man most guilds, and you should, throw the ball to all 5 targets for the first 2-4 Huddles. Our guild broke the first 3 Huddle with the ball to everyone so everyone had to know how to throw the ball quickly anyway, just like you would on 10 man.
    No need to get defensive.

I simply included it in the message because some guilds have heard that others skip letting people out and try it in 10m - doesn't work.

And I have seen several 25m guilds not letting out a single player and still kill the boss, gl doing that in 10m (even more so if one or even both of you healers get feared )

10 mans are basically forced to break every single Huddle from the first to the very end of the fight because having even 1 person Feared for more than a few seconds really hurts your raid DPS. Ideally you should have a cooldown for each one once you reach about 5 Dread Spawns.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    mages can dps through death blossom with greater invis talent and tempest/barrier shield btw

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    A better addon to use for this fight is DSVR, it is _MUCH_ better than shaoffearassist, I know this doesn't exactly help you get into phase 2, but it's something that will help in case anyone decides to die to dread spray.
    Were do i find this btw? its not on cursed, and google is of no help.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2013-01-21 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Were do i find this btw? its not on cursed, and google is of no help.
    It's called DreadSprayVR on Curse.