Question About Valor Weekly and Total Cap

I'm sitting at 2500 valor right now and weekly reset is about to happen. If I reach 3000 valor this coming week, will my weekly cap freeze at 500 until I spend some valor or will it continue to accrue towards the weekly cap even though I'm not gaining any valor being 3000 capped?

This question will affect my entire day tomorrow and what raids I will take part of with my guild, so I need to know! lol

You just won't gain valor till you get under cap. It won't screw you out of 500 valor.

I am pretty sure it will still accrue towards the weekly cap, wasting anything over 500 that you gain unless you spent it prior.

Did anyone test this in 5.1? Last time I was in this situation was a very long time ago.
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.

Your weekly will freeze on 500/1000 until you spend some.

Alternately, you could simply spend 500 Valor on something.

Once 5.2 hits, it will get reset anyhow, and the upgrade NPCs will be removed till 5.3.

If you are that close to cap, why not spend it? Surely there is an item you could upgrade, since it would take something like 5 months to upgrade all slots. That way you don't have to worry about the caps.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    I thought VPs/CPs only reset on new Expansions, and not patches?
    VP/CP reset with every major patch. 5.2 is the next reset

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    If you are that close to cap, why not spend it? Surely there is an item you could upgrade, since it would take something like 5 months to upgrade all slots. That way you don't have to worry about the caps.
    Well, this coming raid week, 3 BiS items can drop for me and upgrading them would be FAR more useful than upgrading the non-heroic, non-BiS gear that I have now.

Like you said, it would take 5 months to upgrade everything, so I don't want to waste 750 valor on an upgrade to an item that I will be replacing within a month.
    Last edited by Darkith; 2013-01-15 at 07:34 AM.

Ah ok. Played since Vanilla, but some things just wont stick :E
    If you recall, in Wrath there was a new tier of badge with each expansion. In cata valor was current tier, previous tier stuff replaced the justice items available until then and any "banked" valor/conquest likewise became justice/honour. This second model is the one in current use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Ah ok. Played since Vanilla, but some things just wont stick :E

I'm waiting for loot table for new world bosses and VP vendors. Only thing I can think of that wont be replaced, is my upgraded DMF trinket.
    I'm pretty sure the 2/2 upgraded heroic gear will be just barely below or at the same ilvl as normal 5.2 raid loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Well, this coming raid week, 3 BiS items can drop for me and upgrading them would be FAR more useful than upgrading the non-heroic, non-BiS gear that I have now.

Like you said, it would take 5 months to upgrade everything, so I don't want to waste 750 valor on an upgrade to an item that I will be replacing within a month.
    Chances are better that you will see none of them drop than that you get even one. Determine the item least likely to be replaced and upgrade it once.

Also, that should be "might be replacing within a month". Keep in mind that 5.2 might go live in a month and a half. You might not actually get that upgrade before then.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Chances are better that you will see none of them drop than that you get even one. Determine the item least likely to be replaced and upgrade it once.
    I will upgrade an item once if I'm forced to spend valor but right now I'm not. I want to use the valor the best way possible, which is why I asked this question. It seems these kind of responses are coming from people that want to make a post but don't know the answer to the question.

I'm pretty sure the 2/2 upgraded heroic gear will be just barely below or at the same ilvl as normal 5.2 raid loot.
    I call Bull. Heroic gear was never weaker then the next normal tier. Not in Wrath or Cata so i doubt it will be in Mists. I just hope the new valor gear isnt better then the 0/2 heroic because that would be a insult to raiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I call Bull. Heroic gear was never weaker then the next normal tier. Not in Wrath or Cata so i doubt it will be in Mists. I just hope the new valor gear isnt better then the 0/2 heroic because that would be a insult to raiders.

Realy?
    T11 HC 372 T12 Normal 378
    T12 HC 391 T13 Normal 397

But 2/2 upgraded heroic gear will be higher ilvl then normal gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Realy?
    T11 HC 372 T12 Normal 378
    T12 HC 391 T13 Normal 397
    Crap. I got confused with the old 10 man and LFR tiers.

Toc 25 hc 258 and ICC 10 251...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Except like heroic ulduar gear was 239 and normal toc was 245. Heroic toc was 258 normal icc was 264. Heroic t11 was 372 normal firelands was 378. etc

Seems I was right in this prediction.

2/2 upgraded Heroic is ilvl 517
    Normal Mode 5.2 is ilvl 522

Heroic Elite is 524, though it would probably best be compared to Thunderforged, so it's still slighly below.