Poll: Are you an Organ donor?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I'm a blood and organ donor.

Well technically I donate plasma, since I get a bit of money for plasma. and since I have type AB+ blood, the universal receiver's blood type, i figure my plasma will be more useful than my blood would be anyway.

(For those who didn't know, people with O- blood type can give their blood to anyone, but only receive from the other 6.5% of the population that is also O-, while AB+ people can receive from anyone but only give blood to the 3.5% of the population that is also AB+,)

10+ Year Old Account
    The line between insanity and brilliance.
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before. At least in the US if you've been on a military deployment to the middle east you aren't allowed to give blood to the red cross. You can still donate blood to ASBP. Not sure about organs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    I honestly don't mind that I can't give blood. Last time I had blood taken for a checkup I felt sick all day and wanted to vomit right after. My arm hurts just thinking about it. It wasn't plesent. Also I don't like needles.
    Interesting. Any time I give whole blood, I always feel energized, upbeat and chipper the rest of the day. I don't know if it's the blood loss just making me feel lightheaded or something, but I assign positive feelings to the sensations I get after giving blood.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by atollon View Post
    I'm a blood and organ donor.

Well technically I donate plasma, since I get a bit of money for plasma. and since I have type AB+ blood, the universal receiver's blood type, i figure my plasma will be more useful than my blood would be anyway.

(For those who didn't know, people with O- blood type can give their blood to anyone, but only receive from the other 6.5% of the population that is also O-, while AB+ people can receive from anyone but only give blood to the 3.5% of the population that is also AB+,)
    If you're getting money for the plasma, you aren't donating it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atollon View Post

Yes, you're much more useful as plasma. Plasma type compatibility works backwards. AB plasma (Rh factor doesn't apply to plasma) is universal, same as O- blood is.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakir the Windlord View Post
    I feel physically weak just by the thought of having my blood drained by a syringe or having an organ or part of an organ removed. When I die they can take everything they want from but as long as I live I won't give a single drop of my blood.
    And if you were on your deathbed in need of blood and you heard a perfectly healthy person saying that? I bet you'd have different feelings.

Nope, not at all actually.

Organ Donor but I will not donate nor accept blood ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    And if you were on your deathbed in need of blood and you heard a perfectly healthy person saying that? I bet you'd have different feelings.
    Most likely, he will never be in that situation, though - so...who cares.

The majority of China's organ donors come from executed prisoners it seems. They have harvesting vans in which the person is executed then subsequently harvested. Impossible to know how much the corrupt whoevers are selling the organs for however.

Deleted
    I'm a B- blood type so I'm kinda fucked. I can only hope I'll never need a donation.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    I'm a B- blood type so I'm kinda fucked. I can only hope I'll never need a donation.
    if you donate blood, than they might have your blood if you ever need it

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to... but no, i can't donate blood... i get to dizzy and feel sick when i try to do that, also when i was a little kid i got a sickness (don't remenber with one) that don't let me donate blood... and i'm gay so... i can't donate, ermm... i don't think that in Dominican Republic you can register for organ donnation... so... no

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 01:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Organ Donor but I will not donate nor accept blood ever.
    Why?

Do you think something bad will/may happen if you get someone else blood?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    if you donate blood, than they might have your blood if you ever need it
    I donated it twice in highschool because of days off, but I don't really consider it nowadays at college. But since I'm in their base now if I received a call and someone needed blood to survive I would go there and donate it without hesistation.