Poll: Do you vote kick the afk RaF guy who is on follow in your dungeon run?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

RaF AFK in Dungeons (boosting)

Edit: Poll!

Do you vote kick the afk RaF guy who is on follow in your dungeon run?

Yes - I would boot his ass
    No - I would allow him to leech exp from the party's work

Ok story time:

I play alts when im bored, and every now and then I will come across someone who is doing the Recruit a Friend program in my dungeons. So I caught this guy who had his "recruit a friend" account on follow (following the character he was actually playing), and I confronted him about it.

It was obvious that he was bringing down the party dps wise, and he was stalling the group from progressing at a normal rate. He said that he was boosting himself and his RaF account through to 80 by doing dungeons. I said thats ok, but you need to have your friend playing on the other account. He said, it was okay and that he was just on follow. I said "Not okay," and proceeded to boot his afk RaF account out of the dungeon. He then spent the next 2 minutes cussing at us and calling us douche bags and such. The other three of us were just LOLing and calling him nub and stuff until he left the dungeon.

So what do you think about these morons who try to boost themselves through dungeons with their RaF accounts? Do you support the actions of my party in booting his afk RaF account out of the dungeon?
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2013-01-23 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    I had few , but in my case they were pulling their weight on the playing char.. so no problem.

If they dont and i dont want to put up with it i just leave , i dont waste my time with anything that isnt slightly productive for my little game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I had few , but in my case they were pulling their weight on the playing char.. so no problem.

If they dont and i dont want to put up with it i just leave , i dont waste my time with anything that isnt slightly productive for my little game time.
    Its the principle of the matter though.

You dont come into my dungeon, playing only 1 character and get a free boost on another on my dime. On my hard work. On my time. You either have both players there playing both characters, or you GTFO of my dungeon.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

You dont come into my dungeon, playing only 1 character and get a free boost on another on my dime. On my hard work. On my time. You either have both players there playing both characters, or you GTFO of my dungeon.

Simple as that.
    So leave, no one cares. Simple as that.

Try and vote kick him, if it doesn't work, then the rest of your group doesn't want to, then either leave or continue.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

Bolded the important part now , it may be a bit easier to read .

Not enough Information to pass judgement. What level was the group and what class were you on?

I think you're overreacting to something that isn't worth spending much time and attention on. Generally people suck in low level dungeons, afk or not. Sometimes people don't and it brings a smile to my face when I meet polite, pleasant and skilled people. OP, you are clearly not one of those people since you cause drama over nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a low level dungeon, but I don't like it when people do that. If he's doing an RaF with himself he most likely has a high-level character and he could just as easily walk that toon through the dungeons himself (I did that with my second account) one after another.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is a low level dungeon, but I don't like it when people do that. If he's doing an RaF with himself he most likely has a high-level character and he could just as easily walk that toon through the dungeons himself (I did that with my second account) one after another.
    That would require 3 accounts, if he only has two, then no, he can't do that.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Not enough Information to pass judgement. What level was the group and what class were you on?
    It was in the 60s.

It doesnt matter if one was pulling their weight and the other wasnt though. The fact of the matter is, that one wasnt pulling their weight because they were doing NOTHING. Doing nothing in a dungeon, does not deserve xp / items, let alone 3x the exp.

The funny thing is though, is when you boot their RaF character, they are forced to leave on their other character otherwise they wont get their precious 3x exp Killed the problem with just one boot makes a man feel good.

I have done it. Not afk though. But I wrote some simple scripts in a free dual boxing program. I ran a healer/ranged dps combo. I used the mouse to heal and used the keyboard to dps (generally 1,2,3 with targetting macros). No one ever noticed or complained. Generally my 1,2,3 ranged dps out dps everyone in the party.

I only ran dungeons to 80 though.

I would have just let him stay. Pretty much all the dungeons leveling up only really require 3 people. Hell I did a hall of lightning the other day were the healer dropped at the first boss and none of us even noticed until loken.

Simple as that.

When did they start selling dungeon? Checking Dungeon Guide at que doesn't make you owner operator!

Simple as that.
    The same could be said about bad players dragging groups down. If there is 1 guy pulling enough weight for 2 newbies, i would have no problem with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It was obvious he was on his main account, and he bought a dummy account to do RaF with to level characters faster. But yea, if he had a friend, or another account he could just fly to the dungeons and run himself through.

Which brings up the next question: When will we see 3 seater flying mounts? We already have 3 seater ground mounts.

10+ Year Old Account

Simple as that.
    "Hard work".. in dungeons..??? You must be playing a different game
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

"Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
    I have done it. Not afk though. But I wrote some simple scripts in a free dual boxing program. I ran a healer/ranged dps combo. I used the mouse to heal and used the keyboard to dps (generally 1,2,3 with targetting macros). No one ever noticed or complained. Generally my 1,2,3 ranged dps out dps everyone in the party.

I only ran dungeons to 80 though.
    You were pulling your weight on both characters though, this douche wasnt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    The same could be said about bad players dragging groups down. If there is 1 guy pulling enough weight for 2 newbies, i would have no problem with him.
    Completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. There are players behind those screens.

Simple as that.
    I leveled a good majority of my alts through dual boxxing two characters. one on follow, my maxxed out main tank more than making up for any lost numbers.

It wasn't your dime. It was my two fully paid accounts.
    You don't like it, then leave don't greif a player who is perfectly within their TOS to do what they are doing.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

So you'd rather have a player who's making the dungeon harder by sucking than a player who's AFK and not making things any harder?