10+ Year Old Account

PvP Exploiters: Real or Perceived Threat?

I was listening to The Republic the other night and one of the things the hosts mentioned was the pervasive presence of exploiters/hackers in PvP Warzones. Then, last night, The Fleet was going bonkers over people allegedly exploiting in Warzones. I had to scratch my head because it has been MONTHS since I've seen someone hack in a Warzone, and when I did it was a speed hack in Huttball (basically permanent speed boost).

As for my own personal presence in Warzones, I've actually been recording my games for awhile so I could determine how Imperial vs. Republic factions faired on my server. So since December 28th, I've clocked over 100 Warzone matches varying between Imperial and Republic as well as Pre-50 and Post-50. I never saw a hacker in any of those matches.

So my question is if any other users have encountered an extraordinary amount of hackers? My personal suspicion is that there are a lot of players that don't understand how class mechanics work and are quick to label someone else a cheater or 'sploiter.

I think the threat is enlarged by the fact that you only have one capital city and next to nothing to do outside them other than dailies.
    So one person exploits, 10 people complain to the 800 people in fleet and before you know it 800 people are sharing their thoughts about hacking.
    The worst hacking I saw was at the very start when people were grinding for battlemaster, and the worst exploit I saw was cooldownless healthpacks.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    In about 1000 warzones I may have seen a hacker 3-4 times. It wasn't anything obvious and was always in Huttball tbh. A 15 second force run for example. I'm sure it happens I just rarely notice tbh.

A single expoliter is to much.

Cheating/hacking/exploiting in PvP (and PVE too i guess) is just pathetic.

Deleted
    I've played more than one thousand warzones and I've only seen 2 hackers/exploiters in game. One had the perma sprint (it could be a hack). The other was teleporting everywhere in the map and he didn't take any damage

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the hosts of the show made the claim of "1 out of every 3 matches has an exploiter", then another host agreed. That's what I was scratching my head about. Seeing an exploiter once or twice every blue moon is understandable though.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    One of the hosts of the show made the claim of "1 out of every 3 matches has an exploiter", then another host agreed. That's what I was scratching my head about. Seeing an exploiter once or twice every blue moon is understandable though.
    I can see something like that happening in ranked queue where you end up fighting the same 1-3 teams over and over and there being an exploiter on one team.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I can see something like that happening in ranked queue where you end up fighting the same 1-3 teams over and over and there being an exploiter on one team.
    Except they talk about how ranked is apparently dead.

I'd seriously question the anecdotal "1 out of every 3 matches" claim. It happens, but I've never seen a game where it's that prevalent >.>

Haven't listened to the full episode yet though. And to be fair, general chat in MMO's is usually rife with stupidity. I had general chat in Shattrath (BC) going nuts and calling me a "roll hacker" because I won a roll for T4 pants in a pug Gruul's Lair, when I was already in T6 gear.

The problem is perception. I was in a Ranked (!) WZ the other night, and someone on the other team called us cheaters, saying something like, "wtf marauder with force speed?" The Marauder was Carnage-specced.

I mean, I've seen some crazy things happen in WZs before, but pretty much every single one can be attributed to lag.

The server I was on Ranked didn't happen unless it was literally posted on an unofficial forum that a team was playing so others would play. I found that to be pathetic.

Cheating does happen though its not obvious when it does. The "pvp guy" in the show says as much, in that they will run slightly faster than other people to not be caught/be obvious as an example. Bioware is kinda useless at stopping them really.

Depends on the server I guess. I have seen people seemingly lagging at the same spot only to find them 2-3 seconds later further away. Is it a hack or no?... I don't know. As my frame rate in warzones changes between horror and survival... it's hard to say. What I do see however are people getting jumped at, people not calling incs and people leaving at the first few seconds if their team isn't steamrollin the other team. I have way more issues with them than I do have with hackers.

However I didn't really share the thoughts from Justin Lowe.

Deleted
    Exploits are rife in SWTOR PvP....nearly every player I face in a 1v1 uses some exploit or hack when they beat me
    Joking aside, with over 500 valour ranks split across my characters I've done a few WZs and I've only seen two definite cases of speed hacking and 3 or 4 other cases of suspected hacking.
    The perception that exploits and hacking is rife will be created by no lifers having their epeens knocked when losing 1v1s or even just looking for an excuse for their team losing a WZ.
    I have to be honest I've had to stop myself falling into that trap myself (only thinking it not ranting about it though), most recently on VS when I was on my Sith Sorcerer on the defending team and the attacking team had planted the bomb on the opposite door to me. When the door blew I popped force speed to get to the bridge control panels ASAP. By the time I got down the ramp and emerged from the doorway I could see someone on the other team already at the control capping, but on the furthest panel form me (obviously came down the other ramp). My immediate reaction was ****ing speed hacker but then I calmed down thought maybe he had multiple stacking speed boosts...if they even exist.
    At the levels of hacking in PuGs I've seen I'm not too fussed, however if ranked PvP ever really gets off the ground and it became apparent there...well IMO that would be a more serious problem.

Would be so nice if we had some randomly visiting warzone gamemaster which you could ask to look into certain issues. VS is almost umbearable if you are the "lucky" guy which always gets the 4 stack afk window whenever you are dying....

most of the exploiters are playing smart...instead of using the full speed hack they ramp it up only like 5 or 10% faster just to give them that edge. I follow players that I suspect onmy team of using it to see and thats when it becomes noticeable. There have been people on my server that would brag about it in general chat, had youtube videos and screenshots gallore posted up and sent into bioware as proof, and who got away with blatantly exploiting for over a month before bioware bothered to do anything.
    The exploiters and hackers are definitely out there just takes a keen eye to spot the smart ones. All I can recommend is trying the follow technique or checking your combat logs after a match. Go through all logs resulting in a death.

Yesterday I had an assassin scoring without a ball/ the ball was nowhere on the map in fact. Is that a "known" exploit or do I have to blame my connection? (Have never seen anything like it, even for the multiscoring bug with 1 ball... the ball was still visible)