Hi guys, its my first thread here. I hope you enjoy it.
After the 100% haste buff changed in the 5.2, the haste rating now seems to be very atractive for warriors. Yesterday I tryed boost a little the haste (reforging some Mastery in to Haste, keeping the Crit highest possible) and i noticed a boost in my DPS (497 SMF), getting over 130k DPS on Jin'rokh kill.
I know the crit still the best secundary stats for Fury Warriors after hitting the Hit/Exp cap, but how we can handle the Mastery/Haste stats now? Full conversion Mastery->Haste? Ballanced Mastery/Haste? Any proportionals?
On the internet, the Noxxic site says, for SMF, the Haste is better than Mastery (Melee Hit (7.5%) >= Expertise (7.5%) > Strength > Crit > Haste > Mastery), but the Ask Mr Robot site put this stats very close with little advantage to Mastery (Weigts: Mastery-2.4 Haste-2.2). Icyveins stills on the old priority with haste the worst stats for fury warriors..
I know it is too soon to get final conclusions, and many things can change after getting high level gears, but is possible we get any directions?
I'm sticking with mastery for the simple napkin math that -
I'm enraged 70% of the time and stacking crit so this uptime, and therefor value, should only increase.
Haste only effects my white dmg (less than 30% of my total) while providing me a very small increase in rage gen. Way too small, imo, to compensate for the fact that one is buffing 70% of the time and the other is buffing 30% of the dmg.
The haste buff just makes me hate getting an item with haste on it less. Still my least desired stat.
Yeah, that was the way i thought before this update, but there is few features that may use haste property, like the new PPM system who gets great advantage from haste (used in legendary metagems, raid trinkets and the Enrage proc buff from tier 15 bonus). And also you need to use half haste rating to get the same rage generation from path 5.1, or, in other point of view, haste provides twice rage gen in 5.2.
I dont belive the haste still out of the warrior fury builds, but i dont know how much important it became.
Actually the haste benefit was lowered to 50% when the patch went live. It's in the patch notes. So with that reduction I doubt it will be better than mastery, however that might change with the 2-set bonus.
as a followup question, and as an easy way to figure this out, does anyone know if simcraft is already calculating the increased haste value when spitting out values - Or if we are to time them with 1.5 ourselves -
"RealPPM Functionality Changes
Just a reminder that RealPPM now uses your true melee haste or spell haste (whichever is higher) to scale the proc rate instead of attack speed or casting speed. The difference is that things that buff your attack speed (such as the raid buff or Slice and Dice) do not increase the frequency of RPPM procs. True haste boosts, such as Bloodlust or haste rating on gear will improve proc rate. We felt this change was necessary to balance proc rates among different specs."
With that said, haste gets kinda attractive for the Meta gem / Talisman of Rage / Gaze of the Twins for more proccs, but we won't know for sure yet what will benefit us the most
Im positive the Haste value wont make a serious comeback in 5.2 not even considering the Meta or Trinkets. The haste has a really low impact on the ppm, so dont go all lovey dovey on haste just yet.
How do you know it has a low impact? Also, our 2 set bonus is RPPM so haste will help there as well. I think once we have 2 piece and our meta gem haste will pull slightly ahead considering how close they are in dps gain atm.
Again basing it on the simcraft profile, Haste will never pull ahead of mastery -Even in fully Bis. While it most certainly increases in value, theres no evidence pointing to haste becomming the 2nd stat to go for.