Thread: 3ds and games

3ds and games

Should i get the 3ds xl or the regular. Ive been told by my friend that the xl is way to big to manage. Also what games should i get to start out. I was thinking paper mario: sticker star, but wat else is a very good game to start out with on the 3ds.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs, and they do not fear.* They can not fear."

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    vita dude come on man

I want the 3ds to get the new pokemon game and the new Luigi's mansion game beside that I wasnt planning on picking it up.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs, and they do not fear.* They can not fear."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demitorn View Post
    Should i get the 3ds xl or the regular. Ive been told by my friend that the xl is way to big to manage. Also what games should i get to start out. I was thinking paper mario: sticker star, but wat else is a very good game to start out with on the 3ds.
    i think some people have problems with the regular 3ds but when on xl they dont. just try it out if u can see what feels good

Deleted
    I just got the 3DS regular size and it's amazing.

You should get:
    Zelda 3D
    Super Mario World 3D
    Fire Emblem Awakening
    Mario Kart 7

And obviously there are new Pokemon and Animal Crossing games coming out soon for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    vita dude come on man
    Why would you do that if you want games?

Kid Icarus: Uprising is great. The controls might take some getting used to though.
    Also check out Pushmo on the eShop if you like puzzle games. There's a sequel, Crashmo, but I haven't played it yet.

Everything else has already been suggested.

Monster Hunter comes out in a month. Get that. Playing the demo today made me wish i had the bigger 3DS, if that's any help at all.

highly recommend Fire Emblem Awakening,I got a XL and also the regular one I don't feel its way to big to manage.If you are getting the new Luigi's mansion game you should consider the XL promo Nintendo doing right now you get a free game.

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    highly recommend Fire Emblem Awakening,I got a XL and also the regular one I don't feel its way to big to manage.If you are getting the new Luigi's mansion game you should consider the XL promo Nintendo doing right now you get a free game.
    where do i find this promo

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

oh is coming soon not available right now >_<
    Last edited by PingPong; 2013-02-22 at 02:23 AM.

so were saying that paper mario sucks and Fire emblem is good?

Quote Originally Posted by Demitorn View Post
    so were saying that paper mario sucks and Fire emblem is good?
    If you love the previous games then kill any expectation you have for Sticker Star. And yea, Skelington has been having a ball playing FE.

personally i dont like the colors of the xl so im waiting out and hoping they will release the pikachu or charizard xl in america around the time pokemon x and y come out or that they release a white or silver or black color.

however just based off what it looks like gameplay wise? its a bit more pixely not hugely or anything and i doubt you would notice it after a few minutes of playing however the 3d effect is easier to see on the xl whereas on the normal one you have to hole it exactly. depending on what kind of hands you have the xl could be easier or harder to handle i know for me personally my hands cramp after awhile of playing on my normal 3ds and i cant wait till i get my own xl

as for games.

super mario 3d land is pretty good.

paper marios okay although to be honest by the time i reached the last 3 worlds i was burnt out and wanted it to be over and i only really played it when i was in the bathroom.

kid icarus is a really great game i loved it put lots of hours into it.

resident evil revelations was also awesome however they are making a console version for all systems so you might want to wait and get the console one.

metal gear solid 3 is pretty good if you either havent played it before or you feel nostalgic.

Kingdom hearts 3d dream drop distance is one of my favorites of all time @_@ seriously if you dont like kingdom hearts you might not like it but if you like kingdom hearts you will love it. man i could just spend hours in that game just jumping around exploring with flow motion.

THE ADVENTURE TIME GAME @_@ this is MY FAVORITE GAME EVER!!! its super short and is a bit easy but the gameplay is still pretty solid and the script was written by the shows creator pendelton ward so if you are a fan of the show its pretty much the show only you get to gronk stuff in the face with finns sword.

fire emblem THIS GAME IS AMAZING @_@ seriously if you like strat rpgs pick this thing UP.

star fox 64. to me this wasnt anything spectacular it was pretty fun but had no online multiplayer and was really short if you arent into star fox games i wouldnt pick this one up but if you are its worth a buy.

ocarina of time 3d. the graphics look amazing but the gameplay is still the same. if you havent played it before PICK IT UP @_@ however i you have while its a beautiful game and plays amazing it is still ocarina of time the game which most people have played atleast twice.

pokemon black/white and white 2 and black 2. technically not 3ds games but still if you like pokemon you will love these games.

i think thats a good bit of the games i own theres a few i didnt mention simply because they were pretty niche or because i didnt enjoy them very much but the majority of the games ive bought for my 3ds got atleast 24 hours of playtime

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 09:39 PM ----------

as for games coming out theres luigis mansion, pokemon mystery dungeon, monster hunter, animal crossing, pokemon x and pokemon y, smash bros could come out holiday 2013 or early 2014 but thats still wishful thinking until we know just how far along it is this e3.

probably more but im tired
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Theatrhythm FF. It seems a bit cheesy at first, and it kinda is, but at it's core it's a well crafted music game with RPG aspects that's just plain fun

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    vita dude come on man
    Sure get a Vita if you want a console with only 1 or 2 decent games on it and none coming out in the future either.

As for the 3DS I've owned both the XL and the regular. The XL isn't too big to manage at all. The XL has a far better battery life and and bigger screens. I'd recommend the XL over the regular 3DS.

Games, you have Zelda Ocarina of time, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and Tales of the Abyss <- Highly recommend this one

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Sure get a Vita if you want a console with only 1 or 2 decent games on it and none coming out in the future either.

As for the 3DS I've owned both the XL and the regular. The XL isn't too big to manage at all. The XL has a far better battery life and and bigger screens. I'd recommend the XL over the regular 3DS.

Games, you have Zelda Ocarina of time, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and Tales of the Abyss <- Highly recommend this one
    Yeah, the only Vita games I have enjoyed is Gravity Rush and Uncharted. I thought Assassin's Creed was going to be third one but it was a huge disapointment...

As for games I recommend for the 3DS: Paper Mario, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, OoT, Theatrhythm... as for games that others have mentioned, I wouldn't recommend the MGS 3 one, if you want to play it, buy another version because that one isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Tales of the Abyss <- Highly recommend this one

Shocker! =P

But yeah, they screwed up Paper Mario big time. No exp or leveling up, so battling is pretty pointless. I avoid as much as I can.

It seems to me right now that only Zelda and Mario are worth it on the 3DS, and Kid Icarus has been very well recieved too, but I'm personally waiting for the next Pokémon and Smash Bros to release.

I bought a 3ds XL just to play Virtue's last reward and I don't regret it one bit. I keep hearing that Fire Emblem is great, so maybe I'll pick it up... Still eyeing the next 2 Phoenix Wright games that are coming soon.