Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post Thunderforged Items

Coming to the PTR in the near future will be a new designation of item type in Normal and Heroic raids for non-tier pieces. Each 5.2 raid boss will have a chance of dropping this new designation of a particular item that’s 6 item levels higher than their counterparts. These higher quality versions will be called “Thunderforged”. This means that there will be five variations of some items. You’ll now see a 5.2 raid item of LFR quality at item level 502, the same item in Normal quality at item level 522, the item in Normal Thunderforged quality at item level 528, the Heroic version of the item at level 535, and the Heroic Thunderforged version of the item at level 541.
    They'll also drop more frequently in 25 man, personally I don't think this will stop 25 man guilds collapsing but it's nice I guess. Thoughts?

I liked the whole 'we don't want 25man raids to drop higher ilvl gear, but they're going to drop higher ilvl gear much more often than 10mans'

also curious if they are going to make 25man raid bosses slightly more difficult to account for the higher ilvl
    Last edited by bals; 2013-01-23 at 05:10 PM.

Seriously? 25's don't get enough loot and gearing faster????

Now more gear? What a stupid idea, Blizz.. you suck

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I liked the whole 'we don't want 25man raids to drop higher ilvl gear, but they're going to drop higher ilvl gear much more often than 10mans'
    Maybe you should learn to read and stop misquoting?

'we’re going to try having Thunderforged items drop more frequently in 25-player raids. They’ll be somewhat rare in both cases compared to the standard versions that’ll drop, but they’ll be even rarer in 10s. Overall, a 25-player group will be more likely to end up with a slightly higher item level after several weeks of raiding.'

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't like this idea, I want to correct you - they don't say it will drop "much more often", they say it will have an increased chance. That is a very significant difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

It won't help bring back 25 man raids, it will be entirely ineffectual. I was 'afraid' this is what they intended to do when they called it 'controversial.'

This sounds like Blizzard is pulling some of the extra ilvl concept from Asian servers over to NA/EU, but not 100% and limited to 25mans only.

On one hand, I like it because it will make old bosses worthwhile and it might breath some life back in to 25mans as a whole (it really depends on what the drop rate difference is). On the other hand, this seems like a back-handed way of keeping raiders content for longer periods of time since their BiS set is now heavily RNG dependent from multiple bosses, even more so than the 'of the XXXXX' gear was.

Overall, I don't hate it.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Deleted
    Overall, a 25-player group will be more likely to end up with a slightly higher item level after several weeks of raiding.
    Epic fail.

Tbh, neither 10-man nor 25-man deserves even higher ilvls than they already get.
    Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2013-01-23 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    They'll also drop more frequently in 25 man, personally I don't think this will stop 25 man guilds collapsing but it's nice I guess. Thoughts?
    I agree. As an attempt to stop the decline of 25-mans, it's like slapping a bandaid on a gushing wound. Yeah, you are technically doing something and I suppose it has a small effect. But its not going to come close to fixing the problem. In the case of 25-mans, IMO nothing they can do related to gear will make the situation better without causing damage to 10-mans, which would be just as bad. They need to give up and choose one raid format, one size. Thats the only solution to the 10v25 issue.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post

I doubt it's that they'll drop more frequently, but if its a 25% chance per item to be thunderforged (for example) if 25 drops more items, you inherently see more items per week that have a chance to be thunderforged (even if there are more mouths to feed, so to speak)

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    While I don't like this idea, I want to correct you - they don't say it will drop "much more often", they say it will have an increased chance. That is a very significant difference.
    in addition, 25mans have 4 more pieces of loot that drop.
    it's going to be a big difference, even if the drop rates of thunderforged items were the same between difficulties.

1: It's not JUST for 25 Mans, cause they knew if they did that, and made 25s have the better gear, straight up, it goes back to the WotLK issues, both with difficulty balancing AND "10s are real raiding!" debates.

2: For all we know, the drop chance could be 2% to get a drop to proc Thunderforged in 10s, and all of 5% in 25s. That is a higher chance (1 in 20 instead of 1 in 50), but it's still rare.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    in addition, 25mans have 4 more pieces of loot that drop.
    it's going to be a big difference, even if the drop rates of thunderforged items were the same between difficulties.
    I counter that a good 10 man group will still outperform 25 people of varied degrees of skill and god knows what mixed levels of cooperation.
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

so higher ilvl for 25 mans with a "it's just rng" excuse build in?

well i have mixed feelings about this its like the difference between the legendary drops in DS and FL 25 mans get more and get it faster in the end it has its downsides
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Anyone got blue source on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    The front page of the website you are now visiting.

I have a better idea for this whole mess, just have 25 man gear be a different color. Same ilvl. 25s get their unique look while not causing an uproar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    On the other hand, this seems like a back-handed way of keeping raiders content for longer periods of time since their BiS set is now heavily RNG dependent from multiple bosses, even more so than the 'of the XXXXX' gear was.
    BiS no longer exists. It died long ago with the introduction of reforging. Now every single heroic item you can wear can be considered BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor306 View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9282055?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    BiS no longer exists. It died long ago with the introduction of reforging. Now every single heroic item you can wear can be considered BiS.
    Um....no? Not sure if serious.

If the stats on it are already bad, moving 40% of one of them will not make a difference. There is still very much a clear BiS for every slot and every class.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2013-01-23 at 05:23 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.