Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
62
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    Please, no. I don't want another "I'm 15 and a super awesome DH" class, it's rogues in vanilla all over again.
    You realize most of the people who geek out over Illidan are going to be, like... twenty-five, thirty, even thirty-five years old, like most anyone who played WC3 back in the day, right?

    I'll see your infant RTS gamer and raise you a ten year old super awesome Pandaren Monk, named Ƥø.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    FYI: Warlock Death Coil was never the same as DK Death Coil.

    Death Coil (Warlock): Causes the enemy target to run in horror for 3 sec and causes X Shadow damage. The caster gains 300% of the damage caused in health. 2 minute CD

    Death Coil (Death Knight): Fire a blast of unholy energy, causing X Shadow damage to an enemy target or healing X damage on a friendly Undead target.
    You do realise the lock DC spell was born of Warcraft 2's DK ability? That is to kill/damage the target and heal the caster.

    The DK came from the WC3 DK hero unit where it dealt damage or healed an ally.

    DK and lock versions both shared the same ability name, bolt colour, sound and icon.

    Also: In vanilla wow, a Horror effect was later added to the lock spell in response to pvp concerns. When Dk's came in wrath it was renamed Mortal Coil.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    You do realise the lock DC spell was born of Warcraft 2's DK ability? That is to kill/damage the target and heal the caster.

    The DK came from the WC3 DK hero unit where it dealt damage or healed an ally.

    DK and lock versions both shared the same ability name, bolt colour, sound and icon.

    Also: In vanilla wow, a Horror effect was later added to the lock spell in response to pvp concerns. When Dk's came in wrath it was renamed Mortal Coil.
    The point is that the Lock Death Coil wasn't the same as the DK Death Coil. They're two very different spells that do very different things.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    The point is that the Lock Death Coil wasn't the same as the DK Death Coil. They're two very different spells that do very different things.
    Indeed, only the name was similar. As of Demo, even the Legacy of the Masters mention that it was picked up by Illidan himself. People and their zeal won't still be convinced anyway, yet I'm still listing facts.

  5. #225
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Iso View Post
    Please, no. I don't want another "I'm 15 and a super awesome DH" class, it's rogues in vanilla all over again.

    Put more focus into the current classes, instead of throwing in more shit we don't need. And I assume they'd have to lawl over lore again to make it happen, but that wouldn't be anything new I guess.

    And another DW melee...really? Fury, rogues, monks, enhance...and now a couple of DH specs? Yeah, good luck with balancing that gameplay...

    In the end you'd just overshadow locks aswell, as they have pretty much all the anti' demon stuff already.

    In the end a D3 type Demon hunter would make alot more sense, mail and ranged weapons. But of course all that shares with the WC3 class is the name, little else. I honestly don't think WoW needs more classes..just flesh out current ones and add more flavour to those.

    That's exactly the point I made in #3 in the OP. The last thing this game needs is yet another DW agility melee based class. Especially one that would wear agility leather.

    I also don't believe you're going to see Demon Hunters as presented in Diablo 3 because that would completely destroy the Hunter population. If you're just starting out in WoW and you see a Hunter and a Demon Hunter, which one are you more likely to choose? Demon Hunter could be a spec of a new Ranger-type class though.

  6. #226
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, it's important to note that when people say that Demon Hunter is the most requested class, they're talking about this version;

    snip

    And that's the version that will never have its own class.
    So your argument is that DH will not happen because people want to look like Illidan, and that'll never be possible. I'm sorry but I'm sure there are lots of players, like me, who would be fine with just being a Night Elf/Blood Elf/Human or whatever Demon Hunter.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 04:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That's exactly the point I made in #3 in the OP. The last thing this game needs is yet another DW agility melee based class. Especially one that would wear agility leather.

    I also don't believe you're going to see Demon Hunters as presented in Diablo 3 because that would completely destroy the Hunter population. If you're just starting out in WoW and you see a Hunter and a Demon Hunter, which one are you more likely to choose? Demon Hunter could be a spec of a new Ranger-type class though.
    There is one DW agility-based leather-wearing class in the game. Ferals and Monks can use 2H weapons and generally don't have to really fight with their weapons at all.

  7. #227
    Stood in the Fire Kalium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere and nowhere... all at once... though it's not important.
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    ...My Thoughts:

    To begin, I honestly don't care what class we get next; I'm willing to play a "wait and see" game with it. Now, looking at the game's state I agree that if we're going to get a fourth class, it needs to be Mail armor. That'll fill a very important hole in the itemization of tier tokens. Because of this, I don't think Demon Hunters are a good fit for a new class slot; even more so, it would leave us with two classes that have, "Hunter" in their name. I think that could potentially be confusing for new players, "What's the difference between a Hunter and a Demon Hunter? Can my hunter not hunt demons unless he's a Demon Hunter?" Notice that while classes do not share similarities in their names, their specs can ignore this role. We have several classes with Restoration Specs, with Protection Specs, and we even have Frost specs spread out between two vastly different classes. Because of this, if we're going to see Demon Hunter as a class option, I think the smartest place for it is as a 4th Spec for an existing class, rather than an all-new class. And I think the best class for that job is the Warlock.

    Warlock already possesses Metamorphasis, as you said. Demon Hunting could literally be to Demonology as Guardian is to Feral; similar attacks, similar abilities, but used for widely different purposes between their forms. Imagine if Demon Hunter Warlocks got Dark Apotheosis as a "Bear Form" of sorts; their Demon Form could even mirror Illidan's chest tattoos across their body in addition to the awesome evil-looking wings. They could have similar spells to Demonology while still following precedent. (Check the names between Guardian and Feral; even as separate specs they're almost identical.) In addition, this wouldn't be the first time that we saw things like the Dual Wield passive being handed out based on Specialization; in their respective classes, Dual Wield is spec-specific for Enhancement, Brewmaster/Windwalker, and Fury has Titan's Grip as a spec-specific ability too. Its very possible for the Devs to build the Demon Hunter class without stepping on the toes of what they have done before.

    Lore-wise it even makes sense too. Illidan was a powerful mage before ever becoming skilled with his glaives. He was transformed into a half-demon by the fel powers of the skull of Gul'dan, a Warlock. If anyone deserves to be classified as a type of Warlock, its Illidan. It could also serve as an interesting reason as to why Warlocks would be allowed to join the Naaru's army of the light in future patches.

    Now, the real question is how Blizzard will actually handle Demon Hunters?
    Well said. I'd love for this to become a reality. I have been a Demonology Warlock forever. If a 4th spec "Demon Hunter" was added I'd finally have a 2nd spec to switch to that didn't just move around Glyphs and Talents.

  8. #228
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    So your argument is that DH will not happen because people want to look like Illidan, and that'll never be possible. I'm sorry but I'm sure there are lots of players, like me, who would be fine with just being a Night Elf/Blood Elf/Human or whatever Demon Hunter.
    That's argument #4. The main arguments are #1-3.

    There is one DW agility-based leather-wearing class in the game. Ferals and Monks can use 2H weapons and generally don't have to really fight with their weapons at all.
    Windwalker Monks almost exclusively DW. Its better for their DPS. The point is that there's plenty of DW melee in the game already. A DH class would just override those classes. You think someone wants to be an Enhancement Shaman or a Combat Rogue over a Demon Hunter?

    Also there's far too much competition for agility leather as is.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    The point is that the Lock Death Coil wasn't the same as the DK Death Coil. They're two very different spells that do very different things.
    The point I am making is the warlock death coil is the same one from WC2

  10. #230
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,574
    There are 2 classes in SWTOR that have really interesting mechanics. One is the Bounty Hunter/Trooper and the other is the Imperial Agent/Smuggler. Bounty Hunters/Troopers have a bar that can overheat when they use their skills. I haven't played those classes yet, so I can't exactly say but as far as I understood it, once you overheat, something bad happens. Smugglers and Imperial Agents recover their energy more quickly the more energy they have. So those classes want to watch their bar very carefully. With most other classes it's >build up resource< and then >dump resource< or >manage mana< and once you run out you either evocate or pity your situation. Those mechanics make you watch your "energy". Technically you can do a lot of burst, but once your bar is down, in the case of the Smuggler/Imperial Agent, you are in an bad situation because it takes that much longer to get the bar up again and pump out new attacks.

    The Demon Hunter could have something similar to that.


    Humanity

    You start out with 100 humanity. Every powerful attack makes you lose humanity. Once you hit a certain point, let's say 30 humanity, you suffer a damage over time effect or something like that. The closer you come to 0 humanity the more life you lose. So you have to be careful not to get under 30 or at least make sure that the damage you get is manageable. Once you hit 0, when the DoT is the strongest, you transform into your demon form. There are 3 demon forms, with unique art and skills, one for each spec. Your demon form enhances your damage and your tanking capabilities. But you suffer damage while in the form, so you have to be careful. You also don't regenerate humanity anymore. But you can cancel your demon form at any time. This plays on the whole "self-destruction in exchange for power" theme of the Demon Hunter.

    Now this is something I came up with while bored at work. I'm sure it has its flaws. But that's what game designers do. They come up with ideas and iterate on them. If I can come up with ideas like that in a couple of minutes, I'm sure that experienced game designers, that get payed for doing this, can turn this into a class that plays very differently than the Warlock.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That's argument #4. The main arguments are #1-3.



    Windwalker Monks almost exclusively DW. Its better for their DPS. The point is that there's plenty of DW melee in the game already. A DH class would just override those classes. You think someone wants to be an Enhancement Shaman or a Combat Rogue over a Demon Hunter?

    Also there's far too much competition for agility leather as is.
    That would still only mean that there are 2 classes who are DW agility based leather-wearers. There are more 2H strength based plate-wearing classes (3) or intellect-based cloth-wearing classes (3) than this. You are making this out worse than it actually is. There is not too much competition right now for agility-based leather. There are exactly 3 classes, just like there are 3 cloth-wearers and 3 plate wearers. It's not the best thing to have 4 agility leather guys, but if it's a cool class and it fits, then that isn't so important.

    Let's say that they go with a mail class. Then we're at 3 leather, 3 cloth, 3 plate and 3 mail classes. That's perfect and fine, but what after that? If they bring a 13th class at some point in the future, because there are still enough cool ideas for new classes, then at some point there will be one equipment type with 4 classes needing on it anyway. It doesn't have to and it can't be perfectly evenly distributed all the time.

    And I like how your argument is, that they'll not gonna bring the DH because it's so popular that people would just not play classes like shaman or rogues. Yeah I don't think that'll happen

  11. #231
    I think the reason that people think DH is possible is also that there's a in game book that belongs to DH organization that hold the secret of becoming DH. It's possible that Blizzard intentionally hinted the coming of DH.

  12. #232
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That would still only mean that there are 2 classes who are DW agility based leather-wearers. There are more 2H strength based plate-wearing classes (3) or intellect-based cloth-wearing classes (3) than this. You are making this out worse than it actually is. There is not too much competition right now for agility-based leather. There are exactly 3 classes, just like there are 3 cloth-wearers and 3 plate wearers. It's not the best thing to have 4 agility leather guys, but if it's a cool class and it fits, then that isn't so important.

    That would also mean that there's a whole lot of DW melee classes in WoW. As someone else noted, its getting pretty crowded behind the boss.

    As primarily a Monk player, let me inform you that there really is too much competition for leather. You say that there's only 3 classes competing for it. In reality there's 10 specs competing for it. 4 of those specs are comprised of one of most popular classes in the game. 7 specs are competing for the same type of leather gear to boot. Add another 3 specs to that, and you have a significant problem on your hands. Especially since that DH class would be the most popular class in the game when they're introduced. Yeah, you'll make tons of gold as a Leatherworker, but overall, its going to be a significant problem.

    Let's say that they go with a mail class. Then we're at 3 leather, 3 cloth, 3 plate and 3 mail classes. That's perfect and fine, but what after that? If they bring a 13th class at some point in the future, because there are still enough cool ideas for new classes, then at some point there will be one equipment type with 4 classes needing on it anyway. It doesn't have to and it can't be perfectly evenly distributed all the time.
    Or maybe they'll just stop at 12 classes? That'll be a nice round number to end on.

    And I like how your argument is, that they'll not gonna bring the DH because it's so popular that people would just not play classes like shaman or rogues. Yeah I don't think that'll happen
    Actually that's exactly what would happen. Rogues would especially be hit hard by a DH class. I'll go so far as to say adding a DH class would completely destroy Rogues because it would attract the same type of player. Again, adding a DH to the game would cause significant and long lasting issues to class balance. This is probably why Blizzard has never introduced them into the game, despite having ample opportunity to.

  13. #233
    Eh. Bounty Hunter resource system is the same thing as an Arcane Mage. Humanity idea is interesting, but Blizzard will never design a class that self-DoTs. It was ridiculously overpowered in PvP when Destruction had it in MoP beta.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

    And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

  14. #234
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That would also mean that there's a whole lot of DW melee classes in WoW. As someone else noted, its getting pretty crowded behind the boss.

    As primarily a Monk player, let me inform you that there really is too much competition for leather. You say that there's only 3 classes competing for it. In reality there's 10 specs competing for it. 4 of those specs are comprised of one of most popular classes in the game. 7 specs are competing for the same type of leather gear to boot. Add another 3 specs to that, and you have a significant problem on your hands. Especially since that DH class would be the most popular class in the game when they're introduced. Yeah, you'll make tons of gold as a Leatherworker, but overall, its going to be a significant problem.



    Or maybe they'll just stop at 12 classes? That'll be a nice round number to end on.



    Actually that's exactly what would happen. Rogues would especially be hit hard by a DH class. I'll go so far as to say adding a DH class would completely destroy Rogues because it would attract the same type of player. Again, adding a DH to the game would cause significant and long lasting issues to class balance. This is probably why Blizzard has never introduced them into the game, despite having ample opportunity to.
    There's 10 leather specs, but there's 9 cloth specs. And the leather specs at least have agility and intellect. If you think like that you can really only add a mail class, and if that means that they'll have to pass on the idea of a Demon Hunter and add a mail class next, even if a DH would be the perfect addition for a legion-expansion, I don't think they'll do that. A distribution of like 3 cloth / 3 plate / 2 mail / 4 leather isn't optimal, but it's not bad enough to dump a cool idea. They are not gonna can a cool idea because of that. Not if they really want it. Not if it's a cool addition to the game. In the end they can just make the bosses drop a bit more leather than mail.

    Whether they stop at 12 classes or not depends on how long the game will be out. If there's gonna be a new class in 1 or 2 xpacs and the game ends there, then I can see them settle on 12 classes. I doubt that'll happen. I think there'll be way more than just 2 more xpacs.

    And I don't see any reason why people wouldn't want to play shamans or rogues anymore. Have they stopped playing them when the Monk was introduced? People play whatever they like.
    Last edited by Nindoriel; 2013-01-24 at 05:05 PM.

  15. #235
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And I don't see any reason why people wouldn't want to play shamans or rogues anymore. Have they stopped playing them when the Monk was introduced? People play whatever they like.
    Don't over think it. Chances are the whole premise of the thread boils down to Teriz, an obvious and devoted Monk fan, wanting to play the last and most 'special' class addition to the game, and hating the notion of that limelight being taken away by something such as Demon Hunter. Thus we see in consequence, 15 pages wherein he rationalizes how much more logical the addition of Monk was compared to Demon Hunter, and how much more merit it has too; taking heed of no arguments but those he gives and quotes.

    Simple, really.
    "If I owned a company, my employees would love me. They’d have huge pictures of me up the walls and in their home, like Lenin." - George Costanza

  16. #236
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    There's 10 leather specs, but there's 9 cloth specs. And the leather specs at least have agility and intellect. If you think like that you can really only add a mail class, and if that means that they'll have to pass on the idea of a Demon Hunter and add a mail class next, even if a DH would be the perfect addition for a legion-expansion, I don't think they'll do that. A distribution of like 3 cloth / 3 plate / 2 mail / 4 leather isn't optimal, but it's not bad enough to dump a cool idea. They are not gonna can a cool idea because of that. Not if they really want it. Not if it's a cool addition to the game. In the end they can just make the bosses drop a bit more leather than mail.
    Actually cloth has it somewhat easier since nearly all cloth benefits spell casting. Leather is divided between INT and AGI leather, with AGI being by far the most competitive because of the popularity of Druids. Toss in another class that uses AGI leather that would be very popular, and the situatiob goes from annoying to very bad. Sure you can have more leather drop, but that would cause other problems.

    Btw. I don't endorse a new class that wears cloth either.

    Just to be clear; Blizzard has already introduced a version of the Demon Hunter into the game, so there's really no need to make yet another class to capitalize on any upcoming "Legoin" expansion.


    And I don't see any reason why people wouldn't want to play shamans or rogues anymore. Have they stopped playing them when the Monk was introduced? People play whatever they like.
    Because Monks aren't nearly as popular as DHs. Also DHs appeal to the same type of player base as Rogues. It wouldn't help that they would have very similar play styles. Monks were able to avoid this due to the quirkiness of Brewmasters and the broad Monk archetype. DHs don't have that advantage unless you dilute the flavor of the concept.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-01-24 at 07:31 PM.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That would also mean that there's a whole lot of DW melee classes in WoW. As someone else noted, its getting pretty crowded behind the boss.

    As primarily a Monk player, let me inform you that there really is too much competition for leather. You say that there's only 3 classes competing for it. In reality there's 10 specs competing for it. 4 of those specs are comprised of one of most popular classes in the game. 7 specs are competing for the same type of leather gear to boot. Add another 3 specs to that, and you have a significant problem on your hands. Especially since that DH class would be the most popular class in the game when they're introduced. Yeah, you'll make tons of gold as a Leatherworker, but overall, its going to be a significant problem.



    Or maybe they'll just stop at 12 classes? That'll be a nice round number to end on.



    Actually that's exactly what would happen. Rogues would especially be hit hard by a DH class. I'll go so far as to say adding a DH class would completely destroy Rogues because it would attract the same type of player. Again, adding a DH to the game would cause significant and long lasting issues to class balance. This is probably why Blizzard has never introduced them into the game, despite having ample opportunity to.
    Actually there is a large amount of competition for agi non-armor pieces. There are 11 specs competing for them and 2 of them are tanks.

  18. #238
    I am Murloc! Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Thrall's loving embrace, all hail ThrallChrist.
    Posts
    5,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    There's only 1 reason: because there is a hunter in this game. There won't be any demon hunters or demon mages or demon druids or demon [insert class here]
    there is sooo much wrong with this.

    So for the New players who never played in the Burning Crusade, Vanilla, or Warcraft 3...

    Long ago a Night Elf Mage named Illidan Stormrage and the twin brother of Malfurion Stormrage, decided the best way to fight the demons of the Burning Legion was to take their power into himself. This fundamental change in him made it possible for him to fight toe to toe with the most powerful demons, He became the first Demon Hunter and the bad boy rock star of the Night Elves. Sadly, because of his meddling with the waters of the Well of Eternity, making it possible to create the Sunwell he was imprisoned for Ten Thousand years, and he was called Betrayer by his people.

    During the war of the Ancients a group of Night Elf Mages fallowed Illidan, during WC3 it is shown that these fallowers had also become Demon Hunters fallowing in Illidans foot steps, who taught them exactly is a bit of a mystery but most assume Illidan did the original teaching. It is also shown through quests that many of the Demon Hunters were imprisoned after the War of the Ancients 10,000 years ago. During Warcraft 3 Illidan and his Demon Hunters where hero units. During the campaign Illidan defeats the Burning Legion in OutLand aka Dreanor, and becomes the New Head Demon in Charge of Outland, he also sets up the Black Temple as his base and training grounds for new Demon Hunters.


    The Class Known as Demon Hunter is a Melee Warlock with Stealth and tanking abilities. They also consider Illidan to be the greatest Hero of Azeroth for defeating the Burning Legion three times.

    As for Hunters, they are a completely different class based on the Ranger Class of the Warcraft RTS games. If any thing Hunters were given the wrong name by Blizzard.

    Now to confuse things, Blizzard has been know to use ideas from Warcraft in Diablo and Ideas from Diablo in Warcraft. They have a different kind of Demon Hunter in Diablo 3 which plays just like the Ranger Class from the RTS.

    To make matters worse the big three classes not yet in WOW mechanically speaking are Rangers which are essentially Petless Hunters, Necromancers who like Death Knights use undeath as a weapon, and Demon Hunters who are Melee Warlocks with Stealth.

    Blizzard had acknowledged that these and Brewmasters were the Hero Classes that Blizzard wanted to Add into the game back when Wrath was being developed. They did release Death Knights as a hero class, but they removed Hero class status from Brewmasters and made that the tanking Spec of the Monk Class which is based on the Diablo 3 class.

    So because of this I shall say the precedent of combining a Warcraft Hero Class and a Diablo Class into a player class has been made.

    This still leaves one last Class that should and can be added to World of Warcraft. What we can guess based on the know information is that Class will wear Mail armor. It will have a Tanking Spec and a Healing Spec. I gave proofs of that HERE.

    The Warcraft RTS Classes are:

    Paladin - in game as Paladin
    Archmage - in game as Frost spec mages
    Mountain King - in game as Dwarf Warriors
    Blood Mage - in game as Destruction Warlocks
    Far Seer - in game as Shaman
    Blademaster - warrior with mirror image.
    Tauren Chieftain - in game as Shaman
    Shadow hunter - Warlock, Mage, Priest combo class. Very troll specific
    DeathKnight - in game as DeathKnight
    Lich - Race type
    Dread Lord - Race type
    Crypt lord - Race type
    Keeper of the grove - Race type
    Priestess of the Moon - in game as priests
    Demon Hunter - Rogue, Mage, Warlock
    Warden - in game as Subtly Spec rogues
    Beastmaster - in game as Hunter Spec
    Firelord - Race type
    Dark ranger - Affliction Warlock, Petless hunter combo
    Naga sea witch - Race type
    Pandaren Brewmaster - in game as Monk Tank spec
    Goblin Tinker - in game as Engineering profession
    Goblin Alchemist - in game as Profession
    Pit Lord - Race type
    Ranger - Petless Hunter
    Dark Knight - in game as DeathKnight
    Draenei Elder Sage - Rogue, shaman combo
    Warlock - in game as Warlock
    Witch Doctor - Troll Class sort of like a dark Shaman, also can be a low level Shadow Hunter
    Necromancer - Evil mages who raise the Undead, most end up becoming Litches.

    The Diablo Classes

    Bard - A musically inclined Rogue that has Arcane spells.
    Necromancer - A bone Plate wearing Mage who uses armies of zombies to fight for him.
    Witch Doctor - An affliction warlock in shaman gear.
    Barbarian- Leather Wearing Warriors.
    Amazon - Warrior with Ranger spec
    Monk - In WOW as Monk
    Druid - In WOW as both Druids and Hunters
    Assassin - in WOW as a Spec of Rogues
    Sorcerer - In WOW as Mage
    Sorceress - In WOW as Mage
    Paladin - In WOW as Paladin
    Rogue - In WOW as Rogue
    Demon Hunter - The Classic Warcraft Ranger class.

    Classes that have not been used which can be made into a spec of another class or a unique class, I will merge the us
    WC# - Warcraft RTS, D# Diablo games


    (blademaster group)WC# Blademaster, D# Barbarian, D# Amazon - Light Armor Warriors
    (Witch Doctor group)WC# Shadow hunter, WC# Witch Doctor, D# Witch Doctor - Shadow Priests with Pets and curses
    (Demon Hunter group)WC# Demon Hunter, WC# Draenei Elder Sage, D# Bard - Spell casting Rogues
    (Ranger group)WC# Dark ranger, WC# Ranger, D# Demon Hunter - Petless Hunters
    (Necromancer group)WC# Necromancer D# Necromancer - Heavy Armor wearing Caster with armies of undead pets (Since WC Necro's become Litches Armor is irrelevant to them)


    Now only one Class can fill the Gap of Mail wearing, the Others will either have to fad away or be added as a 4th spec to existing WOW classes.

    ie Necromancers can be added as a 4th Spec to Deathknights making Army of the Dead a permanent pet, also weakening the Deathknight so they have to cast spells from range.

    This leaves
    Blademasters - Blademasters can wear Mail Armor they are Blade weapon Focused can be tanks and DPS, significant overlap with Combat Rogues and Warriors in Play Style.
    Witch Doctor - Would think of them as a Cloth wearing Shaman, Priest, Warlock, Sort of would work as a spec for Mages or Priests which focuses on Loa and spirits. Could also claim that Shaman are actually Witch Doctors.
    Demon Hunters - Could add the Pure Demon Hunter as a spec to warlocks, but the basic idea of a Melee caster with stealth would be lost. Would be the best choice for an unique class.
    Rangers - Definitely in game already as hunter, although because only hunters use range weapons it would be nice to have a new class that can also use range weapons.

    So when narrowing down the long list of classes we are left with two Good choices.
    Blademasters, and Demon Hunters.

    Only one of them can justify both tanking and Healing specs so I would say Demon Hunter is the Clear choice.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-01-24 at 08:20 PM.

  19. #239
    Elemental Lord Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually cloth has it somewhat easier since nearly all cloth benefits spell casting. Leather is divided between INT and AGI leather, with AGI being by far the most competitive because of the popularity of Druids. Toss in another class that uses AGI leather that would be very popular, and the situatiob goes from annoying to very bad. Sure you can have more leather drop, but that would cause other problems.

    Btw. I don't endorse a new class that wears cloth either.

    Just to be clear; Blizzard has already introduced a version of the Demon Hunter into the game, so there's really no need to make yet another class to capitalize on any upcoming "Legoin" expansion.




    Because Monks aren't nearly as popular as DHs. Also DHs appeal to the same type of player base as Rogues. It wouldn't help that they would have very similar play styles. Monks were able to avoid this due to the quirkiness of Brewmasters and the broad Monk archetype. DHs don't have that advantage unless you dilute the flavor of the concept.
    Which means that not all leather users want agility leather. If you have 2 druids, rogues and monks in a raid and 2 warlocks, mages and priests, chances are all the mages, warlocks and priests might want to roll on the cloth chest, while not all druids, rogues and monks would want to roll on the leather chest that drops.

    Do you really think all those rogue players will just stop playing their rogue main because the demon hunter comes out. Chances are nearly everyone will roll one once it comes out. Whether their main is a paladin, a mage or a rogue. Then, after a while, people will play those classes they like best. Most will stick to their main. You don't just give up the character you've been playing for years. And since it's so easy to have several level 90 characters, people can actually play a rogue and a demon hunter, along with several other classes. I have a 90 druid, warrior and shaman, and I'm not gonna stop playing them even though a demon hunter probably has the potential to be one of my favourite classes.

    Rogues, monks, druids and shamans will still play very differently compared to the (hypothetical) demon hunter. And then there's the thing about raiders wanting to bring along classes they can use in their raid. Rogues will certainly have their viability in raids, and so people will play them.
    Last edited by Nindoriel; 2013-01-24 at 08:19 PM.

  20. #240
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post

    Rogues, monks, druids and shamans will still play very differently compared to the (hypothetical) demon hunter. And then there's the thing about raiders wanting to bring along classes they can use in their raid. Rogues will certainly have their viability in raids, and so people will play them.
    Please explain how a DH would play differently from those classes and from Warlocks w/ Metamorphosis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •