Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Oh lord, do I have an answer.

I was an only child for a while. It was lonely. Always wanted a sibling and apparently asked my mother on multiple occasions to buy me one off the black market. True story. Once I turned 13, Mom was pregnant with twin girls by a man whom she had just married, and he himself had one girl and twin boys already. Yeah, that's right. I wished for A sibling and got 5. Plus an older cousin that moved in with us.

Nonstop energy and loudness and craziness in our house. I could never being friends over in highschool because the house is in constant disarray and there's kids and toys all over. It was a rough adjustment... I'm happier with siblings but when it comes to being careful what you wish for, I suggest you invest in a hardhat and some therapy if you start asking.

I have plenty. :@ I never got the experience of being an only child, I can only assume getting all that attention is just intoxicating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    You always want what you don't have, eh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanieshaman View Post
    I am so jealous of those of you with siblings you love, my brother is in prison for the next 15-20 years..i hope he dies int here.
    o.o

If it's not too personal, what did he do to end up there?

I wish I had a sister... Alas.
    I do love my brother though, it's been a great time growing up together. He's the best
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    I always wanted a sister 1-2 years older than me, I do have 2 sisters now, but they are long grown past me.
    My oldest sister is 28 now, younger sister is 22 and I'm the dwarf of the pack. It kinda feels like my sisters are like aunts and not siblings, I know them well, but not well enough to have a family relationship with them.
    Basically when I was a kid they were already busy working, being with their boyfriends or studying. Doesn't feel like I have the same bond as I think I should have.

It's a weird feeling.

Deleted
    I sometimes wonder how it would be if i had a sibling. And sometimes i guess it wouldve been awesome to have one. But the majority of the time i dont care or need one.
    Being the only child carried a lot of benefits while i was growing up :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bwutty View Post
    Would've been nice to have a baby brother to play and snuggle with or a big brother to watch over me.
    On the other hand, a sister with whom I could share anything, dress up and take over the world would've been awesome too!
    Haha, It never is like that I think. I have a brother and sure it is nice if you need help or something. Plus it is a better bond then with friends. I would ask him for help with personal financial questions or other stuff that I really do not want to talk to my friends about. But it is not like I had some big brother keeping me safe when I was young or so hehehe. Actually when we were you we would always fight but now we are both adults and it changes. I found that we are actually pretty similar in our way of thinking because we both had the same background and the same values.

Only Child And proud of Never asking for a sibling

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    o.o

If it's not too personal, what did he do to end up there?
    hmmm well.... we'll put it this way and leave it there... he (when he gets out) will register as a sex offender.

My brother is an asshole, has ADHD badly and is a parasite. He's 24, has a job and still lives at home.

Me and my broth fight, argue, and some times, strait up hate each other. but all that being said... I would still not give him up ever.

Deleted
    Being an only child I have to say no.
    Never wanted a brother or sister

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Haha, It never is like that I think. I have a brother and sure it is nice if you need help or something. Plus it is a better bond then with friends. I would ask him for help with personal financial questions or other stuff that I really do not want to talk to my friends about. But it is not like I had some big brother keeping me safe when I was young or so hehehe. Actually when we were you we would always fight but now we are both adults and it changes. I found that we are actually pretty similar in our way of thinking because we both had the same background and the same values.
    Basically this. Growing up, me and my brother were like polar opposites that frequently wanted to kill each other lol...now we are basically friends...still argue sometimes but overall it's great.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    I always wanted a sister 1-2 years older than me, I do have 2 sisters now, but they are long grown past me.
    My oldest sister is 28 now, younger sister is 22 and I'm the dwarf of the pack. It kinda feels like my sisters are like aunts and not siblings, I know them well, but not well enough to have a family relationship with them.
    Basically when I was a kid they were already busy working, being with their boyfriends or studying. Doesn't feel like I have the same bond as I think I should have.

It's a weird feeling.
    Wow that sucks. I have a brother that I hang out with all the time now and 2 half brothers which are a little more on the relationship status that you are talking about. But they are my half brothers that I never lived with.

I have an older brother but aside from me annoying him when we were little and argueing about who would get to play games on the computer first, we never had much use for each other. We get along well enough when we see each other but I think we both would have done just as well as only children.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.