Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Rift just seemed to be lacking something to me and it going F2P would just ensure I would never think about retrying it.

Rift needs to go after the Chinese market. I don't see why they haven't tried. People here are desperate for a non WoW MMO. I quit rift due to ping issues (cheap asses and their texas hosting).

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So do you think the games population is more or less than at launch?
    I'd say smaller than launch, no game nowadays maintains its launch numbers. As for real population numbers, I'd be hesitant to put some guesses out there as I really haven't done too much digging into the kind of publicly available numbers, so anything I would guess would lack weight.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Rift needs to go after the Chinese market. I don't see why they haven't tried. People here are desperate for a non WoW MMO. I quit rift due to ping issues (cheap asses and their texas hosting).
    There's actually a Chinese launch expected this year last I checked. It takes a lot of time and effort to localize the game in China as they have a ton of strict regulations about the content in games.

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/12/ri...sed-beta-keys/

So there are beta's going on late 2012/early 2013 which confirms a likely 2013 launch date in China.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-29 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I'd say smaller than launch, no game nowadays maintains its launch numbers. As for real population numbers, I'd be hesitant to put some guesses out there as I really haven't done too much digging into the kind of publicly available numbers, so anything I would guess would lack weight.

There's actually a Chinese launch expected this year last I checked. It takes a lot of time and effort to localize the game in China as they have a ton of strict regulations about the content in games.

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/12/ri...sed-beta-keys/

So there are beta's going on late 2012/early 2013 which confirms a likely 2013 launch date in China.
    Thanks for the heads up! It'll suck if I need to buy the game again though. Beggers can't be choosers though! Has rift allowed people with different language clients to login to other areas? In WoW all I need to do is change two lines of code and I login to Chinese servers with my English client.

Thanks for the heads up! It'll suck if I need to buy the game again though. Beggers can't be choosers though! Has rift allowed people with different language clients to login to other areas? In WoW all I need to do is change two lines of code and I login to Chinese servers with my English client.
    Haven't the foggiest. All I know about the Chinese client is what I just wrote, and that's more than I knew 5 minutes before I wrote it : P (at least with the beat going on atm)

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/epi...rotransactions
    Finally found that video I wanted to link.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Its possible they will allow the client download in your Trion account. Its not unheard of for people to buy and play games even when they are not released on said country. Would be kinda shady if they make you buy the client again. However, I thought I read somewhere that the China launch will be B2P since China wont allow a monthly sub for the game. So if you have to buy again, it will all work out in a few months anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Its possible they will allow the client download in your Trion account. Its not unheard of for people to buy and play games even when they are not released on said country. Would be kinda shady if they make you buy the client again. However, I thought I read somewhere that the China launch will be B2P since China wont allow a monthly sub for the game. So if you have to buy again, it will all work out in a few months anyways.
    My understanding is that it will function the same way as other "subscriptions" do in China (and some other countries in the East), where you buy chunks of time to play rather than pay a flat fee per month.