Unhappy Bruised or broken wrist?

Greetings everyone,

Me and my little sister (2 years old) was playing around. At one point she ran towards me with her arms out, and I grabbed her wirsts. She then dropped down to the floor in order to escape my grip. However, I may have held my grip to tight because she I could feel a slight crack in her wrist as she dropped. Then, after about a second or two, she started crying. Her hand seemed as if it was hanging as it had just happened.

I rushed her downstairs and put some ice on it for the time being. A little while after my mother (who is a nurse) took a look on it, coming to the conclusion that it was in fact not broken because she could apply pressure to the wrist and she didn't cry or react. She could also move her hand and arm without any trouble. However, if we put her on the floor so that she tood up, she would start crying.

Is this something I should take her to the doctors for asap, or does it sound like a minor bruise that will heal over time? I know this is probably not the best place to ask, but I will take any advice I can possibly get.

Kind regards,

Zha

Deleted
    I can diagnose her if you show me her X-Ray. Guess where you go to get one of those?

Edit: If your mum is a nurse, she should go back to school.

Man... really? What makes you think that this is the appropriate place to ask?

Some people still amaze me.... for heavens sake.

Go and see a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Guess where you go to get one of those?
    One sec, let me hook up my old CRT. God knows what kinds of radiation that thing emits.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Man... really? What makes you think that this is the appropriate place to ask?

Some people still amaze me.... for heavens sake.

Go and see a doctor.
    Im almost a doctor...

Almost...

Please, for the sake of her health, take her to the doctor anyway and do it fast. I've had a broken wrist after an accident on my bicycle and I thought it was "only bruised"... Never went to a doc with it - now I can forget about standing on my hands (you know.. upside down?) I need to be careful when doing push-ups and stuff... The operating-angle of my wrist is about 50% of the healthy one. It sucks. So please, take your little sister to a doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    dude go see a doctor....immediately. if you delay it will only make it worse if it is a broken wrist. even if it isnt it is better to be safe than sorry. one time i was playing basketball in phy ed. the ball hit my hand real hard. i shrugged it off as just a slightly bruised hand even when it started swelling a little and turned blue. luckily the school had a visiting emt that day he looked at it and told me that i should immediately see a doctor as it was probably fractured or worse.(by that time it had swollen pretty bad) turns out i had smashed my thumb pretty good and had to have a little splint on it for a couple days while the bones healed.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-01-23 at 06:06 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    One sec, let me hook up my old CRT. God knows what kinds of radiation that thing emits.
    Did you know that in the olden days doctors were in the room of the X ray holding up the lead screen for contrast. Led to a lot of nasty finger cancer.

You know where they know if its broken? The doctors' office. Try there

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Im almost a doctor...

Almost...
    I'm not...but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Yes, you should go see a doctor, fast.

Closed.