I don't think this was intended to be a 10 vs 25 discussion... but more so to talk about the higher chance for Thunderforged gear. Its just more RNG based on RNG that is already RNG.
Its a nice change, but I still prefer the ICC way of gearing.
Well the "slight" in this blue post:
means its not a big deal...Getting better loot has always been a part of this game and in Patch 5.2 the variety is being increased. We think this is a good thing. However, calling 25-player raids less favorable in unfounded and an unfair assessment. Tons of players would love to do 25s, but the coordination and effort to do so is more difficult with very little additional reward. 10s aren't more popular because the entire community agreed they're more fun, it's just a simple case of effort versus reward.
There are two main points we're trying to address with this change:
Raiding in 10- and 25-player dungeons already provides the same item level rewards for everyone. Engaging in the logistics of the larger raid format, however, we feel should be rewarded and the slight increase in chances to receive a Thunderforged item in 25-player is our effort to strike a better balance between both raid sizes.
"Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"
at present, the average ilvl of a 10man team and a 25man team will equalize after a few weeks. (if anything an 'average' 25man team may have a lower ilvl due to more turnover and attendance issues).
*if* the droprate is low enough in 10man vs 25man, its possible that a group WONT get fully geared by the end of the tier, while a 25man guild may have the chance. (or they may not)
the new system is actually a hybrid of the old raid system and the current raid system. in ICC, you had a 100% chance to get higher itemlevel versions in 25man, and a 0% chance to get them in 10man. the difference now is only in the %'s. if there's a 1% chance in 10man, and a 99% chance in 25man... well... yeah.
the amount of items potentially stormforged is also a factor, if there's a maximum number of stormforged items dropping from 10 and 25, that may favor 25s as well...
but again, this isnt much of a change, its more like a return to the older loot systems without actually acknowledging the issues that are killing 25mans.
Last edited by Halicia; 2013-01-24 at 02:40 AM.
25s are harder to organize and just require more effort to make happen. I think the difficulty is about the same. Some fights are harder on 10s some on 25s. The loot is the same. 25 obviously drops more gear because there's more players. Now they are just making it so that 25s have a slightly higher chance to drop the thunderforged drops then 10 man. It doesn't mean thunderforged won't drop in 10 man, just that it as a slightly less chance. For most people this change will have almost no impact on 10s vs 25s.
So it's basically like ICC?
Oh I was going to say "why are people complaining about something that happened two expansions ago".
I don't think 25's should get any extra incentives at all personally. If enough people genuinely like 25s enough to do them, they should get together and do them. If there aren't enough people willing to do 25s, then that should indicate something.
Adding all these extra bonuses to try to force guilds to do 25s seems ridiculous to me.
I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.
This sucks. Due to having a larger sample size and class diversity, 25 mans already gear up a lot quicker than 10 man guilds. 25s don't need any incentives. If they're dying because nobody does them anymore, let them die.
---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:00 AM ----------
Good idea poorly implemented. I'm glad to see some more incentives. If Blizzard could go back in time I doubt they would have ever made 10=25 in terms of reward. Big mistake they are now desperately trying to patch up. Of the 10m players are going to cry but they need to suck it up and take it like champs. After all they are the ones that essentially butchered raiding to the point it is at now.
I guess its a free bonus to 25 guilds but I can't see this as a deciding factor for someone choosing 10 or 25.
yay free stuff I guess?
resto shaman <- washed up idiot
They've acknowledged the issues that are killing 25s. They just aren't fixing them.but again, this isnt much of a change, its more like a return to the older loot systems without actually acknowledging the issues that are killing 25mans.
Last edited by Talen; 2013-01-24 at 05:13 AM.