Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Maybe, just.... maybe, people don't want to do 25 Man because they don't enjoy it?

I know I prefer 10 Man because I feel much more epic knowing I had a bigger percentile contribution to the success of the encounter.
    Pretty sure it is more epic for a small group to kill the biggest bad than a large army.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If thats the case, then wouldnt everyone just do 25 man right now? Because clearly the rewards are more than enough to satisfy the 25 man raid scene... /sarcasm

If you don't think that there needs to be a higher incentive to raid 25 man by now, i dont think you ever will get it.

Why do people need an incentive to do something they are suppose to prefer to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    The only benefit 25s are getting is a slightly higher from very rare chance over 10s that Thunderforged items will drop. 25s already get the benefit of getting more loot per person, and now will have a smaller chance at getting the +6 ilvl elite items. Personally, it should be up to the guild leaders to offer incentives to get players to want to do 25s.
    Who cares about a slightly higher chance for 25s to get a better upgrade.

I mean I know the thunderforged upgrade is a whopping (approximately) 1% better. ONE PERCENT. And some people in this thread are shitting themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Very small but positive change. LOL... I find the notion that this is an addition that would cause someone to quit the game completely laughable. Sorry, but I don't think Bliz is going to stop a feature because one guy unsubbed. May your attempt to quit in self-righteous indignation succeed.

i completely understand what this change is.......and as a 10 man raiders i feel like i am getting shafted....sorry , you dont have to agree

blizz is sticking it to 10 man raiding guilds.............

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Who cares about a slightly higher chance for 25s to get a better upgrade.

I mean I know the thunderforged upgrade is a whopping (approximately) 1% better. ONE PERCENT. And some people in this thread are shitting themselves.
    Honestly I don't. I don't raid for gear. I raid to beat the encounters. Loot is just a bonus to me. I honestly wouldn't care if they offered better gear all around for 25s. I'm just saying any bonus to 25s should be done in game from guild leaders not by Blizzard since it is a personal choice what size you want to run.

It is about time they rewarded us 25 man guilds. It is so easy to run a 10 man guild compared to a 25 man guild.

Difficult to find 25-man teams these days. Hopefully this change is the boost to help people who want to 25-man raid find more like-minded players without it being too heavy-handed of a change that drags down those who enjoy 10-man raiding. Everyone gets the same items... just slight % chance on drop difference. *shrug*

plus the fights are wayyyy easier on 10 man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I highlighted the key words here, "manage". Are you going to tell me all 25 raiders manage the raid? Or is it 1-2 people that do that work?
    Why do people need an incentive to do something they are suppose to prefer to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    It is about time they rewarded us 25 man guilds. It is so easy to run a 10 man guild compared to a 25 man guild.

Please explain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please explain.
    The only reason people prefer to do 10 man raids is because it is easier than 25 man raids. Please don't deny that because its true. Blizzard took away all incentive to run 25 man with cataclysm making 10 and 25 drop the same gear.

That good enough of an explanation for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I read through the news thread this morning and saw:

- quite a few 10-man supporters thought they were being thrown to the curb.
    - quite a few 25-man supporters thought it wouldn't make any difference at all and was insulting.

So I'd say Blizzard got it just about right. It's called a compromise and extremists on either side of any question will never be satisfied with it. The less happy people are, the better compromise it usually is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The only reason people prefer to do 10 man raids is because it is easier than 25 man raids. Please don't deny that because its true. Blizzard took away all incentive to run 25 man with cataclysm making 10 and 25 drop the same gear.

agreed the only reason the majority of people are doing ten mans is because it is way easier.

Deleted

It isn't any explanation whatsoever, there are no facts, no evidence, nothing but conjecture in this post. I feel like every single thing you're posting can only be replied to with "citation needed".

10+ Year Old Account

Again why do people need a reward for doing something that is suppose to be what they prefer to do?

Deleted

You've achieved your goal now. Like you knew you would.

The thread has been derailed into a 10 vs 25 debate full of baseless opinions stated as fact.

Surely the OP would want the discussion back on track, rather than baiting further irrelevant responses if discussion of the topic was what OP actually hoped to achieve?

Deleted
    I don't see this changing much - 25mans already had gear advantage due to less loot being disenchanted bacause nobody could use it (as it happens frequently in 10mans).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    agreed the only reason the majority of people are doing ten mans is because it is way easier.

Only reason people will do 25 is because they want more gear.

I'd love to see them eventually move to a scaling raid system where you can have any number of people (within reason) and it would adjust difficulty and drops as needed. This way you wouldn't have to leave behind that 11th raider, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Honestly I don't. I don't raid for gear. I raid to beat the encounters. Loot is just a bonus to me. I honestly wouldn't care if they offered better gear all around for 25s. I'm just saying any bonus to 25s should be done in game from guild leaders not by Blizzard since it is a personal choice what size you want to run.
    I definitely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately that hasn't been Blizz's philosophy as of late. Recently Blizz has been more about incentivizing players to do things they generally would avoid.

All I was trying to say was that if the floor for gear in 5.2 is 502 item level (from lfr) then a 6 point item difference is literally nothing (approximately 1% better). If players are getting angry about a slightly better chance for barely an upgrade, remember it really doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...