New tier set, min maxing AAACK!

So, the new 2p and 4p set bonuses are amaaaaazing. However we are losing our recklessness Buff which is so depressing.
    Right now I use my firelands tier 2p bonus on pull so I have about 7-8 seconds of 10% increased physical damage

But now I am going to really have to min max with the set

And it's not entirely a loss on dps only because our tank counts down from ten and assuming all is well no pre pulls before the timers off I can get shout and pot at the 1 in the countdown. However
    I am going to have to pop fl tier, shout put on t14 reck, then t 15 and skull ASAP. As soon as we pull.

Thoughts? It probably is more then what needs to be done but I am talking strictly min maxing. Not something to do if you don't want to over complicate things. You might lose about 2 seconds max on recklessness but it might be worth the while if its 2.5 mins long.
    You could obviously just screw the fl tier. But I've seen hunters min max and its far more complicated then just gear swaps lolll

To be honest, I think Blizzard need to put an internal cooldown on equipping set bonuses to stop this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    To be honest, I think Blizzard need to put an internal cooldown on equipping set bonuses to stop this kind of thing.
    You are probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizensosuskes View Post
    I am going to have to pop fl tier, shout put on t14 reck, then t 15 and skull ASAP. As soon as we pull.
    Really not worth the effort imo. I could see the recklessness one, but fuck the tier 12 one. It will be gone by the time you sort yourself out. Gear swapping through 3x gear sets is just dumb and needs to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

So, the new 2p and 4p set bonuses are amaaaaazing. However we are losing our recklessness Buff which is so depressing.
    Right now I use my firelands tier 2p bonus on pull so I have about 7-8 seconds of 10% increased physical damage

But now I am going to really have to min max with the set

And it's not entirely a loss on dps only because our tank counts down from ten and assuming all is well no pre pulls before the timers off I can get shout and pot at the 1 in the countdown. However

Thoughts? It probably is more then what needs to be done but I am talking strictly min maxing. Not something to do if you don't want to over complicate things. You might lose about 2 seconds max on recklessness but it might be worth the while if its 2.5 mins long.
    You could obviously just screw the fl tier. But I've seen hunters min max and its far more complicated then just gear swaps lolll
    Reading this makes my brain hurt. So. Much. Maneuvering.

Deleted
    If that pull goes wrong, and you get stuck in the wrong "set", you'll loose more then you gained the previous 100 attempts.

As long as you have a reliable macro

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    As long as you have a reliable macro
    And tanks who don't pull 1 sec early or something. I can see the potential benefit from reck since it would still fit within the initial CS window even though used a bit early, but still feels like a hassle and somewhat risky considering the consequences of a fail compared to the gain. I agree with the point about a cooldown on set bonuses, would probably be easy to implement in a similar way to trinkets.

Deleted
    The Tier 14 Gear swap would be pointless because most fights do not last longer than 7:30 minutes. The first time you used reck you'd have a 2:30 cooldown the second you'd have a 5 minute which is too long to use it a third time during execute so it'd be pointless for most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Didn't Diablo III implement something like this to prevent people from swapping gear right before a boss was downed for more MF (kind of OT but relates).

Well, this could be used for tight enrage bosses and if done properly they won't actually be useless to do it would be the optimal min max. By the time you hit execute phase you will either have to save reck or have skull banner. Which isn't as good as recklessness but I already have 30% crit with Smf. Raid buffed obv so end game maybe I'll have 5 percent more crit which will have me at a solid 70 percent with 4p. You won't really want to use recklessness with skull banner.

Which isn't as good as recklessness but I already have 30% crit with Smf.
    What ilvl is that? Wtb that crit for SMF too :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possibly quite effective in the right circumstances but so ridiculously complicated - and most importantly prone to failure - that I personally won't be incorporating this sort of thing. It's far more destructive if we wipe on an otherwise clean try because I'm stuck in previous tier gear after a pull that came a second early.

(That said, if we ever encounter a boss that will still require more DPS even after all the non-risky min-maxing has been implemented, I'll start pulling rabbits like this one out of my Bag of Tricks. Unlikely scenario to be honest.)
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2013-01-24 at 03:38 PM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    What ilvl is that? Wtb that crit for SMF too :P
    504 ilvl.
    (That said, if we ever encounter a boss that will still require more DPS even after all the non-risky min-maxing has been implemented, I'll start pulling rabbits like this one out of my Bag of Tricks. Unlikely scenario to be honest.)
    I believe it won't be neccisary on most progression fights. At least I hope not. I just wanted to see what others thought

Even if you did use the 2.5 min CD reck wouldn't it be worth it to save the next reck for execute phase? Making 4 set t14 null? Even without the set bonus on most boss fights you still have room for 2 recks. Unless a boss fight is like 7 minutes and 45 seconds long (roughly) I do not see the point in the set bonus swapping.

Deleted
    Not worth it to save t14 for the reduced cooldown on reck.

1. Yes you get reduced cooldown to the next recklessness, but popping that recklessness will put it at a 5 min cooldown, which probably mean you won't have it up for when 20% hits.

2. If you pop reck before the pull, even though it's half a second before the pulltimer hits 0 and the tank pulls, you will loose 1-1,5s maybe even 2 sec on reck.

Not a good idea. Keep using the fl 2pc though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesima View Post
    Didn't Diablo III implement something like this to prevent people from swapping gear right before a boss was downed for more MF (kind of OT but relates).
    Last I played D3 you could still swap gear out but it took a certain amount of time after equipping a new set of gear to gain benefits to Magic Find. Think it was 90 seconds but I may be wrong.

Course I haven't played D3 since at least 2 months before MoP went live.