Page 1 of 2
LastLast

idea: Legendary Glyphs ?

Just an idea, inspired by the new Warlock questline to get different green fire.

To me, half the fun of the latest legendaries is the diffent graphical effects and uses for the items, even outside of combat, like the Rogue wings or Tarecgosa mount.

How about have some kind of REALLY cool graphic effects/style minor glyphs for classes, but to keep them a little more interesting and maybe rarer, add a (old) legendary style questline in order to be able to unlock them so people are wowed/impressed when they see them.

Just as some examples, you could have a whole questline that unlocks a Scorpion model to replace a Druids cat form, or Demon wings that you can use as a flying mount for Warlocks.

I know the wouldn't be as great as a weapon too, but still think people might like them if they were awesome enough. Any other examples/idas/input?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Just an idea, inspired by the new Warlock questline to get different green fire.

To me, half the fun of the latest legendaries is the diffent graphical effects and uses for the items, even outside of combat, like the Rogue wings or Tarecgosa mount.

How about have some kind of REALLY cool graphic effects/style minor glyphs for classes, but to keep them a little more interesting and maybe rarer, add a (old) legendary style questline in order to be able to unlock them so people are wowed/impressed when they see them.

Just as some examples, you could have a whole questline that unlocks a Scorpion model to replace a Druids cat form, or Demon wings that you can use as a flying mount for Warlocks.

I know the wouldn't be as great as a weapon too, but still think people might like them if they were awesome enough. Any other examples/idas/input?
    I like the idea alot, or if they added real cool minor glyphs atleast, or more then they have at the moment

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this idea. I would love to see some cool class-specific quests that give vanity glyphs.

...Huh.

This is actually a really rad idea.

Never heard anyone think of Legendary Glyphs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't that the whole intended point behind minor glyphs in the last glyph revamp? I remember people complaining that Blizz was were "wasting" a whole glyph tier with stuff that was just cosmetic, so Blizz went back and added minor glyphs with little mechanics effects. Am I remembering this wrong?

I know that "Legendary" glyphs were talked about being a part of that Path of the Titans system, but when it was scrapped the work they had done on glyphs was just kinda folded into the revamp.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    Minor glyphs, for me, are cool little things. Such as being an orca in swim form, water-walking on my felsteed...

But they're all little. I'd LOVE a legendary glyph that did something cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Wasn't that the whole intended point behind minor glyphs in the last glyph revamp? I remember people complaining that Blizz was were "wasting" a whole glyph tier with stuff that was just cosmetic, so Blizz went back and added minor glyphs with little mechanics effects. Am I remembering this wrong?
    It was, but at the same time that doesn't mean that they can't do more with it.

As for the idea I like it and in my opinion if they did add something like that it should be rather grindy requiring the use of old content (Nothing related MoP Content, possibly Cata either in terms of raids/maybe 5 mans) so that players can work on it by themselves and feel rewarded when they are done instead of having to rely on groups for new content. Doing something like this gives people the feeling of "grinding" in Vanilla for certain quest chains and stuff.

They would need to be super rare however.... Something like if challenge modes ever had "seasons" like arena did, the top 10 timed runs all got one or something. The more rare they were the more impact they could have cosmetically.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Glad people like the idea
    I agree though, it would have to be something very rare and personal, though something that visually looks FOR more awesome and legendary than any current minor glyphs.

Why create a new type of glyph? Just make quest lines for cool minor glyphs, since that is pretty much what they are right?

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Why create a new type of glyph? Just make quest lines for cool minor glyphs, since that is pretty much what they are right?
    Yeah that'd be the plan. It would still go in a minor Glyph slot but would be the reward of a long and challenging class-specific quest series.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeah that'd be the plan. It would still go in a minor Glyph slot but would be the reward of a long and challenging class-specific quest series.
    I think the idea is great. I'd take it 1 step further, and have different levels of glyphs (all Minor Glyphs, just magnify the effect for higher levels) depending on how good you execute your class specific quests.

Ex. Minor Glyph of Awesomesauce - basic one for completing the quest line
    Minor Glyph of Super Awesomesauce - complete the quest line, while being extraordinary (i.e. using abilities to a greater potential)
    Minor Glyph of Awesome Awesomesauce - complete the quest line while performing all your class abilities to the max, and jumping the entire time.....you get the idea.

So people who are better at the class would achieve the higher level glyphs. Also, you would make certain aspects repeatable so you can keep trying to becoming "awesome awesomesauce".

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary MINOR Glyphs.

Because, as LotRO showed, Legendary Major glyphs are just another mandatory thing to farm.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Awesome Idea would love to fly around as a demon on my Lock, Why not just add a Legendary Glyph slot i mean there is room on the Glyph page

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's an excellent idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Similar to what people wanted for the firecat. The popular suggestion being that Fandrel would occasionally drop a bop glyph, specific to druids, that had the same effect of the staff, so it could be used beyond tier 12 without gimping yourself.

Legendary Minor Glyphs. Yeah, all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    They would need to be super rare however.... Something like if challenge modes ever had "seasons" like arena did, the top 10 timed runs all got one or something. The more rare they were the more impact they could have cosmetically.
    No thanks, they should be obtainable for anyone who puts enough effort into obtaining it, rather than a a few special snowflakes. If people only want to use something because it's 'rare' not because they like it, that's really an issue they need to work through themselves. It should be hard to obtain, but nothing that can be much much easier on certain classes, require specific group comps, force you into a certain spec or require certain gear levels (brawlers guild is a great example of failure at that).

Also lol, challenge modes, seriously? So lots of blood dk tanks (guardian here) with the rewards? They can't balance classes/specs in Challenge modes / brawlers guild for ****. The 'Proving Grounds' solo content they've rumored about would be a better place to start, as presumably it will be designed around your class/spec, much like how the 'Tarecgosa's Rest' Nexus quest chain was altered dependent on your class.

I would also want such things put into a whole new glyph category or the current glyphs rearranged - I hate that as a druid I don't get to use the cosmetic minors because I have minors that actually do something useful; they should either all be cosmetic, all be 'useful' or put into different tiers. Eg, all minors should be cosmetic and bring back anything that's not cosmetic as a middle glyph tier.

But again, this whole warlocks getting green fire confuses the hell out of me - didn't they just remove all our cool class specific quests in Cata? Benediction, flight form, mount quests, rhok, etc. Then they're adding in warlock only quest rewards...? I'm rather confused as to their stance on making content for specific classes as it seems they can't even make up their own minds about it. I love the idea of any new class specific things like these glyphs (but only if they include content for all of the classes, rather than one).
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-01-24 at 02:52 AM.

You have any class ideas for what the Glyphs should do?

I'm interested as to some of yer ideas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

actually an amazing idea. but bliz said if every class got a class quest line like the green fire one there would be one less territory on panderia