Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    Or maybe the people in those guilds happen to be very good players and know their class inside and out? lol
    seeing how atleast 3 of them swaped when mop hit i highly doubt it...

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Irzerg View Post
    Good example of complain for the sake of complaining...So if someone topped your dps, you will cry for a nerf for other class? Just saying...
    Analogies work best when there's something in common between the two things you are comparing.

    Class balance and OP racials are definitely the same thing, yup.

  3. #43
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Irzerg View Post
    Good example of complain for the sake of complaining...So if someone topped your dps, you will cry for a nerf for other class? Just saying...
    Class is a class, a Race is a Race. 1 Race can be many classes, since Trolls can be all the classes except Paladin, giving maybe 15 of your DPS a 5% increase would be the difference between World First kill or Wipe to Enrage.

    Say, if all 15 of those DPS did 100k DPS, that would be 1.5m raid DPS, now add 5%, that would be 1.575m raid DPS. In a 6 minute fight, that would equal to 75k*60*6=27000k or 27 million damage. Now think about it. If you were wiping to boss constantly at 15-10m due to berserk, would you like to be Troll?

  4. #44
    Trolls have had this bonus for years, there's been quite a few beast bosses and adds and trasg, and just now people are complaining about jt being OP because there happens to be an abundance of beast bosses..

  5. #45
    As a troll hunter for 8 years now I can say that I can't wait for 5.2 to come out!

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Irzerg View Post
    Good example of complain for the sake of complaining...So if someone topped your dps, you will cry for a nerf for other class? Just saying...
    What does this have to do with class? We're talking about racial perks.

  7. #47
    I felt the need to post this. It appears that 4 bosses are beasts (and some adds that spawn during the boss encounters).

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/search?search=Ji-kun#t1:npcs
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/search?search=Megaera#t1:npcs
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/68476-horridon
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/67977-tortos

    Tortos appears to be a troll fight. The boss is a beast and most likely the bats and tortoises he spawns will be beasts (this fight we will go SV on imo).
    Horridon also does too because he spawns adds as well except he spawns some trolls so it won't be as good, but it's still better to be a troll on that fight (again, we'll probably go SV for this fight.).

    Tier 14 had 2 bosses as beasts out of 16, so 1/8. Tier 15 will have at first 4/12 bosses so 1/3. That is a much bigger amount of beast bosses. When you come to H it'll have 4/13 which is still a lot bigger than what t14 had.

    I'll probably end up race changing.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-02 at 03:08 PM.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    Or maybe the people in those guilds happen to be very good players and know their class inside and out? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Nope. No way. It's because they're Orcs and Trolls.
    You guys are so funny. I gave you a fact, what's your point? Horde has slightly better racial for dps, and that's exactly why all those guild which compete for world first are horde, since they want to maximise their dmg. Unless you want to believe that all the best players are Horde, which is a very laughable and objectionable explanation.

    I'm not complaining or anything, but, hell, even blues said Horde does have better racials overall. Sure they're not game breaking, but if you really wanted to maximise your dps as a e.g. bm hunter, you'd have to go Orc. That's a fact.

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Grimord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,618
    Yea, because Horde racials didn't already have the upper hand in PvE.


  10. #50
    The Patient Slirith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cocoa, Florida
    Posts
    340
    My hunter will stay orc so I wouldn't have to pay 25$ to race change back from troll next raid tier...mind you I don't do raiding besides LFR but still the same.

    As a part of the pre-expansion launch event, reaching the end of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid will now display: “Thank you! But our Garrosh is in another castle.”

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    You guys are so funny. I gave you a fact, what's your point? Horde has slightly better racial for dps, and that's exactly why all those guild which compete for world first are horde, since they want to maximise their dmg. Unless you want to believe that all the best players are Horde, which is a very laughable and objectionable explanation.

    I'm not complaining or anything, but, hell, even blues said Horde does have better racials overall. Sure they're not game breaking, but if you really wanted to maximise your dps as a e.g. bm hunter, you'd have to go Orc. That's a fact.
    I was just being a dick. The Horde racial advantage goes back as far as I can recall. Wowprogress only goes back to WotLK, and every tier had no more than a single Alliance guild in the top 3. My memory is shit, but I feel like TBC was the same way.

  12. #52
    I'm considering race changing, given that they haven't said anything about nerfing the troll racial so far, but I'm curious, how do you guys use berserking maximally? We only have one cast-time ability, and we intersperse it with a lot of instants.

    I can see it being useful as an additional haste stack on top of RF and TW for Stampede.... diminishing returns sure, but there doesn't seem to be a better place to use it. How do you guys use it and why do you think it's so theoretically competitive with orc?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    I'm considering race changing, given that they haven't said anything about nerfing the troll racial so far, but I'm curious, how do you guys use berserking maximally? We only have one cast-time ability, and we intersperse it with a lot of instants.

    I can see it being useful as an additional haste stack on top of RF and TW for Stampede.... diminishing returns sure, but there doesn't seem to be a better place to use it. How do you guys use it and why do you think it's so theoretically competitive with orc?
    I'd use it at the start with stampede and then I usually wait a bit to pop my second stampede, so in a circumstance like that I'd pop it after it's off of CD then pop stampede with the third berserking. If i can only get two berserkings in a fight I'd use both with stampede.

    They also said that they weren't going to change the racial, so hopefully they don't.

    Don't forget about dead eye, it gives you 1% expertise.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'd use it at the start with stampede and then I usually wait a bit to pop my second stampede, so in a circumstance like that I'd pop it after it's off of CD then pop stampede with the third berserking. If i can only get two berserkings in a fight I'd use both with stampede.

    They also said that they weren't going to change the racial, so hopefully they don't.

    Don't forget about dead eye, it gives you 1% expertise.
    Stampede it is then. Where did they mention they weren't going to nerf it btw?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    Stampede it is then. Where did they mention they weren't going to nerf it btw?
    Twitter. I cannot find it atm, but GC said that they weren't doing anything about it. Also if there is any aoe (except on H wind lord) I'd just use it, because the aoe you can get it is very high with that much haste.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 01:33 AM ----------

    Found it: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...29671868960768

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Twitter. I cannot find it atm, but GC said that they weren't doing anything about it. Also if there is any aoe (except on H wind lord) I'd just use it, because the aoe you can get it is very high with that much haste.

    Found it: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...29671868960768
    Troll it is then.

    I really liked the way the CM armor looked on an orc too

  17. #57
    5% damage will not hide the hideous look of a troll hunter. I'll be staying as I am in orcland.

  18. #58
    Epic! Redpanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Searching for the Old Gods
    Posts
    1,680
    I cant get over having 2 toes but damn trolls have gangsta bow animations >_>

  19. #59
    blizzard is going to wait until there is a massive profit from people race changing then they will nerf it, prolly 2-3 weeks in after they come to the realization that people are swapping for the racial then they will either remove it or make it 1%

  20. #60
    So with the buffs to ES / BA, wil Troll still be the best race to be for Hunters? Or should we be sticking with Orc?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •