[Music] I'm so out of the loop. Please save me!

I love music. I always have from when I was always pretty into it given the first CD I ever owned was The Offspring at the age of 6. Back when I as at high school I think for every hour I spoke there was about 3 of pure music.. The only issue to this love I have is my music choices haven't changed by and large over the last few years, lets go with about 4, so I'm running my bands dry and killing them isn't helping either of us.

So let me rattle off what I like: The Offspring, Blink 182, Rise Against, Against Me!, 10 Years, Deftones, Dream Theater, Flyleaf, Foo Fighters, Funeral for a Friend, Gorillaz, In Flames, Ill Nino, POD, NIN, Placebo, RHCP, Staind, Sablime, Sugarcult, System of a Down, Third Eye Blind and Underbelly.

I know they range a whole lot and I have listed a large amount but as I said it has taken me a while to get tired of them. I'm not the slightest into English Punk, it sounds like a screwdriver in my ear, but other than that I have dabbled in most genre. Screamo and Death Metal aren't really something I go for but I can deal with Brutal if the guitar is awesome, not the whole Dragonforce method of mash until finger bleed but rather heavy bass line with clear lead. So I'd say I'm Punk with Metal and Rock.

So can anyone help me get back on the wagon? None of my friends are into my stuff any more so I'm left with looking for random songs which isn't really going anywhere. Many thanks!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Well if you look through my fave-list there should be a couple of hundreds of soundtracks, all varies within all genres.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Dx5fKEgRSPDYTw

Deleted
    I would totally recommend that you look into some of the "core" genres, like for exemple Metalcore and Deathcore

Brilliant example of Metalcore:

Brilliant example of Deathcore:

Some other bands I can recommend based on your description would be Ensiferum (Melo death/Folk metal), Alestorm (Pirate Metal!!) and perhaps even Sabaton (Power Metal)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think pretty much every rock/heavy band or singer I know you would already know but if you've never given him a shot try Marilyn Manson. He was my favourite singer prior to getting into my K-pop and I liked a lot of the bands you listed too. Unless you consider him screamo or death metal, I'm not sure. I don't like either of those either though.

You said you've dabbled in most other genres, what about K-pop, I think about half the people I know who listen to K-pop now, used to listen to metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthrun View Post
    Ah Dethklok. I was actually listening to them recently again. They were pretty much the sole reason I mentioned brutal.

Right so back to the others. I've tried some k-pop but not something I can really listen to. It isn't even the fact it isn't in English since one of my all time great bands is Kent and they are Swedish.

Core music I rank about even to screamo but higher at least. I'm not saying I can't take it but it isn't really something I can put on for hours on loop and enjoy forever.

Any other music? If someone can find a band like Kent they will be a god to me.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

Deleted
    Alright, granted these guys are not Kent-y at all, however, they sure have the "swing". I don't know if you looked them up before but Alestorm, seriously, give these guys a try. An epic mix of metal and pirates ^^

I'll point out a lot of those bands were played on the radio. Find a local station that plays those bands and they should play similar types of songs. Some radio stations websites even list the last few songs that they played in case the DJ doesn't mention the name of the band or song.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Random Guy View Post
    Alright, granted these guys are not Kent-y at all, however, they sure have the "swing". I don't know if you looked them up before but Alestorm, seriously, give these guys a try. An epic mix of metal and pirates ^^
    Hahaha, that was awesome. I fear they may be something I listen to for an awesome shower, I have no idea but they seems like rock out with... yeah, but I'll give em a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I'll point out a lot of those bands were played on the radio. Find a local station that plays those bands and they should play similar types of songs. Some radio stations websites even list the last few songs that they played in case the DJ doesn't mention the name of the band or song.
    I can't do that with the local stations I have sadly since they are either golden oldies or utter shite. I'll give some websites a try, maybe get pandora for my ipad or something.

Keep them coming. I'm happy with the choices I need more.

Thanks also for the help everyone but keep it coming

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Hahaha, that was awesome. I fear they may be something I listen to for an awesome shower, I have no idea but they seems like rock out with... yeah, but I'll give em a try.

I can't do that with the local stations I have sadly since they are either golden oldies or utter shite. I'll give some websites a try, maybe get pandora for my ipad or something.

Keep them coming. I'm happy with the choices I need more.

Thanks also for the help everyone but keep it coming
    If you have some extra cash, get a subscription sirius satellite radio. Its great.

Thumbs up

Think these are what you are looking for

Or you could just stick to Annihilator instead

Deleted
    Search for The ghost of a thousand - Fed to the ocean. SUCH a great underrated band, sadly disbanded last year they supported so much but deserved so much more..