Deleted

What happens with the old epics when new raid tier is out

just curious but will the same happen like previous expansions where the current valor gear will start being sold for JP's reason im curious is cause it requires rep so will they remove the rep so the newly dinged characters can obtain the 489 gear like wotlk and cata..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Blizzard seems to be willing to bring raid progression in a way similar to what it used to be in the TBC era back (for better or for worse) so I believe they'll try to keep VP gear where they are atm. I could be wrong tough.

It's worth to mention that LFR gear for 5.0 raids will have their drop rate increase.

I'm pretty sure they said you would be able to buy current Valor gear with Justice in 5.2. I have no idea about the rep part but I assume it would be removed too.

They're reducing the prices of 5.0 valor gear by 50% and 5.1 valor gear by 25%.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was posted on the front page that 5.0 valor gear will have it's cost reduced by 50% and 5.1 valor gear will drop by 25%, so it'll all still require valor to buy, just not as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceships View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said you would be able to buy current Valor gear with Justice in 5.2. I have no idea about the rep part but I assume it would be removed too.
    See the comments above this one; 5.0/5.1 VP gear will not be purchasable with JP in 5.2. There is no word about whether rep requirements will be relaxed.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    hm even if they just remove rep requirements it wouldn't feel to bad with gearing up alts etc but i don't think they will remove that since so many other people had to go through with it to be able to gain that gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's an excellent move, by the way, to lower it. It ensures new alts and players can't leap-frog everyone who worked on those tiers while still providing a sense of accomplishment and upgrade as well as not making it so slow for a new raider to gear up a spec or join a team.

But yes, they're changing the VP by 50% and not converting it to Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Well, Blizzard seems to be willing to bring raid progression in a way similar to what it used to be in the TBC era back (for better or for worse) so I believe they'll try to keep VP gear where they are atm. I could be wrong tough.

It's worth to mention that LFR gear for 5.0 raids will have their drop rate increase.
    Former VP gear, aka what we can purchase currently, is having its cost reduced by A LOT so that players have even further ways to catch up very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think it's an excellent move, by the way, to lower it. It ensures new alts and players can't leap-frog everyone who worked on those tiers while still providing a sense of accomplishment and upgrade as well as not making it so slow for a new raider to gear up a spec or join a team.

But yes, they're changing the VP by 50% and not converting it to Justice.
    There is also the really odd fact that it is much easier to farm VP (up to the weekly cap) than JP in Mists. That fact plus the discounted price makes for a nice combination for catching alts up!

You keep them in your last bag indefinitely so that you can always link [Thunderwhatever, blessed blade of the I forgot] at the drop of a hat?

Oh wait, that wasn't what you were asking at all. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    There is also the really odd fact that it is much easier to farm VP (up to the weekly cap) than JP in Mists. That fact plus the discounted price makes for a nice combination for catching alts up!
    Well it is easier to cap VP than JP now, but not in 5.2. In 5.2 when you cap VP, instead of not getting anything after the cap you'll get JP and every single heroic dungeon boss will drop 100 JP, which basicly makes capping JP super easy. I'd like to see what other things we are using JP on, because tbh, come 5.2 buying JP gear (458) is goin to be none existant.

Quote Originally Posted by Binxi1 View Post
    just curious but will the same happen like previous expansions where the current valor gear will start being sold for JP's reason im curious is cause it requires rep so will they remove the rep so the newly dinged characters can obtain the 489 gear like wotlk and cata..?
    5.0 VP gear will be 50% cheaper and 5.1 VP gear will be 25% cheaper. That plus 20 elder charms and a higher chance for tier drops in 5.0 LFR will make it substantially easier to gear up alts or mains looking to hit 5.2 LFR.