Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    I only have one thing to say about all of this:

If South Park get's fucked up with uplay I won't buy the game. Not even on a sale for 5 bucks or whatever.
    You can guarantee that it will be played through uplay. At least ubi lets you buy their games on steam; even if you still have to activate and load them through uplay.... but yeah, uplay is pretty awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I'm really surprised that no one picked up Vigil... seems like a talented group of people over there. Darksiders 2 was a really solid game. I hope Platinum Games or someone picks up Darksiders. I need Darksiders 3!
    id be amazed if platinum games makes anything for sega now nintendo have a big interest in them.. sega and platinum partnership has ended and letting bayonetta 2 die before nintendo came in was a big mistake. They will only make bayonetta for sega / nintendo now if anything imo.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-01-24 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Not happy that deep silver has saints row at all ( and rumored to be completly taking over it )
    Dead island in the pc is horrible direct port and buggy as all hell
    not to mention that abortion know as sacred
    "buggy as hell"? ive put dozens of hours into the pc version and ive only ever noticed 2 bugs that are worth mentioning. and the only problem i have with the fact its a port compared to the ps3 version is the fact they didnt replace the weapon selection wheel with the standard keybind switching most games have now
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    "buggy as hell"? ive put dozens of hours into the pc version and ive only ever noticed 2 bugs that are worth mentioning. and the only problem i have with the fact its a port compared to the ps3 version is the fact they didnt replace the weapon selection wheel with the standard keybind switching most games have now
    dead island is piss poor i still cant get online for the pc and its one of the few games ive given up on.

Really nice that both Warhammer fantasy and 40k is under the same roof now. Also i wish blizzard would buy Vigil games and continue the 40K Dark Millenium mmo. Or atlest that some good mmo company will buy the Dark Millenium licence and continue with it.

Maby Games Workshop will give sega Dark Millenium to, one can hope though sega/creative assembly have no mmo experience.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-01-24 at 01:41 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    I wonder what happens to IP not bought up. Can people try kickstarter campaigns to fund a sequel or finish development of incomplete games?

No one should be glad that Sega bought Relic. Sega is a shit company that likes to go on copyright infringement sprees and ruin people's youtube channels for no damn reason.

The Warhammer games won't improve at all, you can count on that.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    No one should be glad that Sega bought Relic. Sega is a shit company that likes to go on copyright infringement sprees and ruin people's youtube channels for no damn reason.

I dont see how that has anything to do with Creative Assembly making damn good warhammer games. If anything sega is good for letting Creative Assembly stay pc focused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I wonder what happens to IP not bought up. Can people try kickstarter campaigns to fund a sequel or finish development of incomplete games?
    I don't think so - well, I mean, they could try a Kickstarter for the funds to buy the copyright/license and then finish it.
    I'm not an expert in this, but the games will still belong to whatever bank is running the financial bankruptcy side of it; they're likely to just be shelved in the hope that some developer comes back to buy them in the future. The company can issue a legal notice of discontinuance, or can simply abandon it. After a certain amount of years have passed without support games can become abandonware - and freely distributed but people still can't pick them up and then start selling a sequel because the IP itself is still copyright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed the errors on my post I had alot of bugs with Dead island not to mention with multiplayer only one person could officially pick up quests and track them leaving the other players in the dark, there were alot of things I did like but its was hard not to feel somewhat let down
    And taking that mentality to Saints row even if the third didnt live up to alot of fans expectations the 4th one def wont just my opinion
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Seeing Vigil get shuttered like this really makes me sad. Darksiders was an amazing IP with a great story and fun gameplay. I hope some of the people at Vigil are able to stick together and start up a new company, or hit Kickstarter or something. Great team, great talent and I wish them all the best of luck.

Also, the Dark Millennium game was being developed by Vigil, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post

Also, the Dark Millennium game was being developed by Vigil, wasn't it?
    That is correct.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just hoping for someone to pick up the Warhammer 40k license and that they will continue the Dawn of War series. I think Relic was the studio that did those, so SEGA buying them is just good, because they are the publishers for the Total War series. I also know Creative Assembly are working on a Warhammer Fantasy RTS title, so I have my hopes up.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

I thought that was what Games Workshop did best nowadays, hunting copyrights and shitting on their own fanbase for making fan content.

Creative Assembly is making a Warhammer Fantasy RTS. I'm quite confident that it will be pretty good, seeing as how they've been doing Total War games for over a decade. SEGA is their publisher.

The results of this auction are more disappointing than my son.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    I just want Darksiders to survive...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I just want Darksiders to survive...
    Hopefully Platinum gaming takes it and well, does great stuff with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Just noticed the errors on my post I had alot of bugs with Dead island not to mention with multiplayer only one person could officially pick up quests and track them leaving the other players in the dark, there were alot of things I did like but its was hard not to feel somewhat let down
    And taking that mentality to Saints row even if the third didnt live up to alot of fans expectations the 4th one def wont just my opinion
    but this third was the only one i liked D:
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Surprised that ZeniMax/Bethesda didn't walk away with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    Surprised that ZeniMax/Bethesda didn't walk away with anything.
    Their interests seem to lie in RPG's (that's kinda their brand atm), and there really aren't any properties that fit that bill atm.

Interesting, I always liked THQ, good to see the studios getting new owners at least, thinking mostly about Relic and the warhammer games.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...