Deleted

Titles for fun stuff forum posters

I was thinking, some time ago you removed the posts in the Fun Stuff section from counting in the general counting, however there's people who post only there and they have thousands of posts yet none are counted for titles.

So I was thinking some might want titles too, and here I suggest this:
    -the people posting in the fun stuff get their titles
    -the people posting everywhere else get theirs.

"but what if someone posts in both parts?"
    Well, in this case you get the title of where you posted more.
    Example:
    X has 344 posts in all the forums outside Fun Stuff. X has 4664 posts in the fun stuff. X gets a Fun stuff title.
    Y has 9432 in all the forums outside Fun Stuff. Y has 324 posts in Fun Stuff. Y gets a regular title.

"And if someone's posts from one part get ahead of the other?"
    Well, if let's say Z has 1000 posts in all forums, and he has a regular title, but some day he makes 1001 posts in Fun Stuff alone, thus meaning his post count there is higher then that of all the other forums, his title changes to one of Fun Stuff special title. The other way applies too.

So, what do you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Aye, I think it's a good idea, but give the user the ability to toggle between the two titles incase they prefer one of them over the other.
    That would be an idea too, and much easier to code then mine actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    That would be an idea too, and much easier to code then mine actually.
    I think that being able to choose a user title/select one from a list is actually part of the stock vB installation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad idea, you don't earn respect by your post count.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Not sure where the different titles = respect formula comes... but I feel fairly certain for them it has more to do with wanting something different because they mostly post in Fun Stuff and that forum doesn't up your post count so unless they start posting in other places they are stuck with the same title forever. At least that's how it reads to me.

What does this even have to do with the suggestion? We don't even have a respect system on this forum.

I like the idea, just can't think of any fun titles at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK but it kind of encourages quantity over quality.

OK but it kind of encourages quantity over quality.
    The whole title system already is based on post count. Haven't been here since the start, but it was already like that when I made an account here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Aye, I think it's a good idea, but give the user the ability to toggle between the two titles incase they prefer one of them over the other.
    Hell, give em the ability to toggle between all they've earned. Some are not so good in the "general" title pool, and some are bound to be not as good in the "fun stuff" one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea thankfully not, a +rep button wouldn't match here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    Hell, give em the ability to toggle between all they've earned. Some are not so good in the "general" title pool, and some are bound to be not as good in the "fun stuff" one.
    I like the idea of toggling between titles.

Would it be feasible to show the fun stuff posts as well?
    If not included in the main counter, perhaps add in a choice to show it in a separate one below or to replace it entirely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    I like the idea of toggling between titles.

Would it be feasible to show the fun stuff posts as well?
    If not included in the main counter, perhaps add in a choice to show it in a separate one below or to replace it entirely?
    You can always see their Fun Stuff post count in the "Post areas" tab in their profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You can always see their Fun Stuff post count in the "Post areas" tab in their profile.
    This is true, but it is not convenient.
    What I'm missing is a counter that includes the Fun Stuff posts as well. As it is now you have to add them up manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoroar View Post
    This is true, but it is not convenient.
    What might be convenient for you is inconvenient for me, I don't want or need to see such statistics needlessly taking up space.

10+ Year Old Account
    What might be convenient for you is inconvenient for me, I don't want or need to see such statistics needlessly taking up space.
    A lot of times it won't. Look at the posts in this thread. The longer (vertically) a post is, the more empty space shows up on the left side under your name anyway, to make room for the lines of text plus your signature. This post that I'm typing right now has plenty of room on the side, and it's only (before this sentence) two lines.