Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will Codex of xerrath Effect Our Dreadsteed?

yeah so I'm super excited about warlocks getting green fire, I know I know "its just a cosmetic change its not that important", but seeing the newly posted spell icons on mmo got me thinking. Do you believe that the codex will affect our dreadsteed? I think It should since it's sorta like one of our fire spells kinda and making it affect our dreadsteed would give affliction a spell that would show off the effects of the green fire change.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should, but from the icons, i do not see a fel-horse shoe

it's a shame, but judging from the datamined icons, apparently not.

well, that's what the horsemen reins are for
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Would be interesting to see it applied to the path of fire the Dreadsteed leaves on the water if used with the water walking glyph.
    yeah how awesome would that be if our dreadsteed's fire path was fel fire

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    It should, but from the icons, i do not see a fel-horse shoe
    yeah i haven't really noticed a new glyph for it either but, I'm hoping that maybe they don't need a new icon for it maybe they'll just use

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want it to have green fire...

I WANT IT TO FLY LIKE THE HH MOUNT SO I CAN USE IT EVERYWHERE!

(And yeah, have the traily effects like when water walking. A true, honest to goodness Nightmare then. )

yeah like that strafer or like the one in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF0Rcf7yqgA

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that'd be pretty cool. I hope that it looks like good quality green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    I think that'd be pretty cool. I hope that it looks like good quality green fire.
    Given that some of the icon are brand new, it means that they have given it some serious thought and it might look unique. Even expect some of the spells getting brand new animations, eg Incinerate.

Deleted
    I'm guessing not, since Dreadsteed's fire isn't us channeling destructive/fel energies but his species' natural feature. We'd have to summon a Dreadsteed of Xerrath, rather than Xoroth... I may be an evil maniac channeling fel forces to rain destruction on my enemies but I like my horse and I'm not swapping him for another. I did a quest and everything to get him... :-D

I wonder If xelnath decided whether or not our dreadsteeds would have been affected by the codex. too bad we couldn't ask him

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it will be effected. Our mount is not part of our arsenal of fire spells that gets changed by the codex, so

Would I like it? Hmm, not sure, I'd have to see what it looks like with green. I kinda like it the way it is tbh.

= Burning Rush

= Burning Rush Active

= Fire and Brimstone

= Immolation Aura

= Molten Core

= Soul Fire

= Rain of Fire FnB Incinerate

= Burning Embers

= Immolate or Backdraft?

= Incinerate

= Conflagrate

= FnB Immolate

= FnB Conflagrate

= Backlash?

= Mastery: Emberstorm?

And then you have these:

= Hellfire??

= Ember Tap?? This one's a mystery to me.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-01-24 at 01:31 AM.

I am logged into the PTR and I have seen nothing of a clue about the questline.

my guess that the fel abyssal is going to be using the 2nd to last icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Looks like F&B Incinerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    Looks like F&B Incinerate.
    Could be that, too. The FnB Immolate and Conflag ones I recognized from in the game after you activate FnB, but I don't recall if Incinerate's icon changed as well.

There's also a Rain of Chaos icon that's been in the game files forever that makes the most sense for Rain of Fire.

EDIT: After further review you're 100 percent right, that's what Incinerate becomes under FnB. I'll update the post.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-01-24 at 01:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay I know I might be nitpicking here but I got some lore questions. The book states "Corrupts all of your Warlock fire spells, infusing them with fel magic" I thought warlocks already use fel magic? Or do they use a different form of it and fel magic is the 'pure' form of it?(Kinda like the difference of afrost magic and arcane magic?)
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    my guess that the fel abyssal is going to be using the 2nd to last icon.
    Same exact icon as Abyssal, obviously just fel green. Wonder if they'd change him though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post

= Hellfire??

= Ember Tap?? This one's a mystery to me.
    looks like abyssal, and cauterise master.