Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    looks like abyssal, and cauterise master.
    Correct. Some of the spells that are not included already exist as icons. Eg Immolate, Rain of Fire. What about Ember Tap and Flames of Xoroth though?

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there are plenty of icons in the database before the latest update that could be used:

= Labeled as Fel Hellfire
    = Fel Immolate
    = Fel Incinerate

etc.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-01-24 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Okay I know I might be nitpicking here but I got some lore questions. The book states "Corrupts all of your Warlock fire spells, infusing them with fel magic" I thought warlocks already use fel magic? Or do they use a different form of it and fel magic is the 'pure' form of it?(Kinda like the difference of afrost magic and arcane magic?)
    The answer is simple. Our FIRE spells were not fel spells, they were elemental. Those are the spells that get the Fel touch as of 5.2 and that is why the orange flame Warlock is an incomplete Warlock.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The answer is simple. Our FIRE spells were not fel spells, they were elemental. Those are the spells that get the Fel touch as of 5.2 and that is why the orange flame Warlock is an incomplete Warlock.
    So they are basically making the fire spells turn into green ones? So affliction would barely see any change from getting this book?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I'm not an incomplete warlock I graduated warlock school in Woltk!

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Hey I'm not an incomplete warlock I graduated warlock school in Woltk!
    Your diploma says otherwise, friend!

OT: Fel fire is long overdue.. but some originality is still to remain needed, having everything turn green is.... stupid.. its FIRE related.

Another thing, the Dreadsteed comes from Xoroth, its a creature on its own, changing how it looks without proper background is, if nothing else, lore breaking.

Btw, did any of you manage to figure out where/how to start this bloody quest, I know it just got added to the PTR and all.. but still!
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So they are basically making the fire spells turn into green ones? So affliction would barely see any change from getting this book?
    Lorewise, it's like the difference between shooting a tommy gun and a rocket launcher. Gameplaywise, the effect is purely cosmetic. Blizzard has made it obvious they want Affliction not to use Fire magic, so any change (unless it's to Malefic Grasp, which I doubt) would be HIGHLY unlikely. The two other specs benefit, one heavily and one lightly.

omg Fel Rush. Very happy.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Marximos View Post
    Your diploma says otherwise, friend!

OT: Fel fire is long overdue.. but some originality is still to remain needed, having everything turn green is.... stupid.. its FIRE related.

Another thing, the Dreadsteed comes from Xoroth, its a creature on its own, changing how it looks without proper background is, if nothing else, lore breaking.

Btw, did any of you manage to figure out where/how to start this bloody quest, I know it just got added to the PTR and all.. but still!
    like i said having our mount turn green with the codex would at least give affliction something "fel" to show off and just because the dreadsteed comes from xoroth and has natural fire look doesn't mean it can't be "tainted" by fel fire or fel magic from the codex.

infact isn't that exactly what we're doing to our fire spells "tainting" them with fel magic? so having our mount get affected by the codex of xerrath wouldn't really be lore breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    infact isn't that exactly what we're doing to our fire spells "tainting" them with fel magic? so having our mount get affected by the codex of xerrath wouldn't really be lore breaking.
    We are infusing the current fire element with a different kind of magic, we are no longer using the normal fire, nor any iteration of it, but something entirely different. Fel fire is not in the same category as normal fire, its categorized as "Chaos" damage, from a lore standpoint that is.

Another thing, considering the Dreadsteed is actually a demon, wouldn't having Fel fire instead of the usual fire affecting it, makes it something.... else?
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Quote Originally Posted by Marximos View Post
    We are infusing the current fire element with a different kind of magic, we are no longer using the normal fire, nor any iteration of it, but something entirely different. Fel fire is not in the same category as normal fire, its categorized as "Chaos" damage, from a lore standpoint that is.

Another thing, considering the Dreadsteed is actually a demon, wouldn't having Fel fire instead of the usual fire affecting it, makes it something.... else?
    "Infusing" so we are using our old fire spells but, adding fel magic to it right? which some find as evil or bad so...to an extent people would consider them as "corrupted" right? and the fel corruption is not excluded to only spells but creatures including demons. also from a lore standpoint "chaos" and "fel" magics are different types of magic. we are turning our normal fire into entropic or "fel" fire. Chaos magic is different.

also many demons use fel fire actually and not normal fire. our improved imp from grimoire of supremacy uses felbolt and is still a demon. it also looks like our abyssal is gonna be fel green and they'll still be considered demons. so i really see no difference in them and our dreadsteed.

While there's nothing to suggest that Dreadsteeds will turn green, I have found art for a green version of the Glyph of Nightmare's fire trail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so, but i hope so, it would look so dam cool!

Deleted
    I'd usually have said no, but considering there's an Abyssal icon, maybe? It's certainly more "iconic" than a completely useless pet that's only available with a certain talent choice.

Wouldn't be surprised to see our mounts change considering that, not sure how I feel about that though - I hate the epic warlock mount, but the old Felsteed is dear to me, not sure I want it to change.

Deleted
    Fel Hand of Gul'dan?

Would be awesome!! I wish they would give warlocks a quest for a flying demon mount that was on fire!! That would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    Fel Hand of Gul'dan?
    Oh cmon, lets not spoil darkness/shadow spells with green. Orange fire is meant to turn into green, not to have the whole purple theme of the class destroyed.

Oh cmon, lets not spoil darkness/shadow spells with green. Orange fire is meant to turn into green, not to have the whole purple theme of the class destroyed.
    hand of gul'dan is shadowflame, not just shadow. if they felfire it, it'll become shadowfelflame from hell lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ OP
    Go farm Attumen mount in Karazhan, it should fit your needs.. ;-)
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/