Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

strangulate now 1min cd

well thats one step towards fixing dk's now just give us some respectable def cooldowns and a 90 talent that deals some damage

That has been changed for a week+ now but I agreee it is a step in the right direction, however it does devalue Asphyxiate when compared to chillblains.

Deleted
    I really don't understand why people always QQ when they have a 90 talent tier that doesn't do damage, are you so eager to have just another button to push and forget? The 90 tier is actually quite nice for pvp (better then let's say a halo or glaive toss). If you want it for pve then think again because that wouldn't make you do more damage since the other skills would be balance around it. Basically you would have to pay more for the same buck.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, your 90 tier isn't DK's issue. Grasp and the freezing stun aren't the problem. Those are both REALLY good in PvP.

Remorseless winter is the worst stun in the game, even worse than capacitor totem. If you PvP with anyone that has half of their brain intact they can avoid it by rooting the DK and moving 8 yds away. The debuff can also be dispelled at 4 stacks which also means the stun won't go off due to the duration of the ability. Also any snare breaks will remove the stacks, again making the stun not go off. Gorefiend's grasp is ok but honestly could use just a slightly shorter CD (45 sec). Desecrated ground needs to also break roots but aside from that this is usually my default for PvP.

I don't mind the T90 not doing damage but honestly only having 1 DK talent deal damage (death siphon) feels like blizzard missed the mark in that regard.

And now, asphyxiate is pointless in 99% of the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezia View Post
    And now, asphyxiate is pointless in 99% of the times.
    Very true, the fact that talent has a 2 min cd and replaces the spell.... its now completely pointless, until they make it 1 min cd or not replace strangulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Very true, the fact that talent has a 2 min cd and replaces the spell.... its now completely pointless, until they make it 1 min cd or not replace strangulate.
    It has a one minute cooldown. The talent also makes it useful against all targets and not just spell casters.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    It has a one minute cooldown. The talent also makes it useful against all targets and not just spell casters.
    Oh, well thats good to know, nvm then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    I really don't understand why people always QQ when they have a 90 talent tier that doesn't do damage, are you so eager to have just another button to push and forget? The 90 tier is actually quite nice for pvp (better then let's say a halo or glaive toss). If you want it for pve then think again because that wouldn't make you do more damage since the other skills would be balance around it. Basically you would have to pay more for the same buck.
    Because its boring otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    its only dk's that dont have a 90 damaging talent

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    its only dk's that dont have a 90 damaging talent
    I don't see why that's a problem. At all.
    T90 is a good tier. I change that one all the time depending on what I need, whereas other tiers I virtually never even touch since the alternatives are crap.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont see why they havent removed the rune cost of strang yet.
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

I feel like they really need to allow rest shamans to either use healing tide or spirit link while silenced with this change.

Dks are really going to walk over shamans next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    I dont see why they havent removed the rune cost of strang yet.
    Agreed. The rune cost is honestly a bigger problem than the CD.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah, your 90 tier isn't DK's issue. Grasp and the freezing stun aren't the problem. Those are both REALLY good in PvP.

Grasp is insane, however the stun is extremly bad. U can pre dispel the stacks or just freedom it...

If they just through on a small dot with each of the 90 talents, I doubt there would be any real issue -

Gorefiend's Grasp - damage caused by crushing a wind pipe
    Remorseless Winter - cold razor winds cut up the opponent (bleed effect?)
    Desecrate Ground - deals damage like DnD

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Death's Advance or Chilblains are pretty much mandatory to stay on a target, so In my mind, asphyxiate was pretty much useless anyway.

They should give us something new, but it really wouldn't matter anyway because of how mandatory CB and DA are.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    If they just through on a small dot with each of the 90 talents, I doubt there would be any real issue -

Gorefiend's Grasp - damage caused by crushing a wind pipe
    Remorseless Winter - cold razor winds cut up the opponent (bleed effect?)
    Desecrate Ground - deals damage like DnD
    Please don't. :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Agreed. The rune cost is honestly a bigger problem than the CD.
    It's an issue but it being on 2 min was far worse becuase it could always be trinketed. Now you can force a trinket with Strang/Gnaw and 1 min later do the same and get a kill.

step in the right direction but it still needs work. No rune cost would make it ideal and get rid of asphyxiate or make DA baseline for unholy and CB baseline for frost and replace those talents with something interesting.

I too would like some form of damage to the end talents. They are as a whole a joke. When they originally came out with the talents they had damage attached to them, but blizzard was all like well we don't want them to focus on pushing another button on cooldown....why not i say. Right now they are all a joke outside of Gorefiend's Grasp in a very situational circumstance. They are pvp talents when everyone else has pve/pvp talents for the lvl 90 talent. Warlocks also have situational level 90 talents but they aren't nearly as bad as ours. They need to seriously go back to the drawing board and figure out what they can do to make ours more interesting and cause damage. or be more interesting to the point that they will be used regularly like most of the level 90 talents are. I use GG in pvp rarely depends on the bg, I use RW in pvp but it typically doesnt go off for one reason or another(dispels/freedom etc), and I haven't spec'd into DG since like RBG bracket 500....the talents suck and need a lot of rework. Warlocks do as well.
    Last edited by valliant13; 2013-01-24 at 05:35 PM.