View Poll Results: Which class would you ban from PVP?

Voters
554. You may not vote on this poll
  • warrior

    94 16.97%
  • paladin

    27 4.87%
  • hunter

    35 6.32%
  • rogue

    91 16.43%
  • priest

    11 1.99%
  • shaman

    6 1.08%
  • mage

    174 31.41%
  • warlock

    15 2.71%
  • monk

    25 4.51%
  • druid

    32 5.78%
  • death knight

    44 7.94%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,182
    i loved the reasoning behind buffing monks: look guys there are only a few monks pvping so we'll make them batshit insane and op like derpknights were in s5 cause fck you^^

    still voting mages tho

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I think it would be a great counter to fotm re-rollers to allow your arena team to ban one class spec you don't want to face as the opposing team. Would have seen less invincible BM hunters, arms warriors, and resto shamans the first month of MoP.
    I like that idea (reminds me of LOL which is a nice lil pvp game) but wouldn't it mess with queues?

  3. #23
    Warriors and Monks are the 2 most annoying for me. I'm sure Warriors will die down a little bit, but Monks... yeah.

    Blizzard is buffing them purely because they are under represented, when in actual fact they are pretty balanced already. That in itself annoys me.

    Such poor game design. You don't buff something because nobody is playing it, you try and entice people to play it. Buffing monks to god-status will just annoy the 97% of the community who don't have monks.

  4. #24
    Brewmaster willtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,495
    I love Rogues. They're my original. My one.

    Unfortunately, I do not like the abomination they've been turned into.

    So axe Rogues - If I can't have all of it, I don't want any of it.
    Velcro. What a rip off.

  5. #25
    I'll take anything on, except a rogue. Too much fucking stuns and burst.
    I am American mentally, with Japanese tendencies.

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaraza View Post
    I like that idea (reminds me of LOL which is a nice lil pvp game) but wouldn't it mess with queues?
    Qeueus are only an issue in 5s and for top teams on each battlegroup. By merging battlegroups this would no longer be an issue.

    But yeah, I agree it would mess queues a bit up for those playing fotm, since no one would want to queue into pre-hotfix stampede for example, not even BM hunters. So fotm automatically becomes less fotm.
    Could however also just put a restriction so that you can't ban a spec someone from your team is already playing.
    Last edited by Funkthepunk; 2013-01-24 at 01:37 AM.

  7. #27
    Came to this thread expecting "Rogue". The people who complain about rogues are people who don't know how to counter them. Play a rogue, learn to play one WELL, then you'll know how to beat them in your normal battlegrounds.

    As a gladiator rogue, I wouldn't ban a class in bgs, but hunters are probably the most annoying, except for Monks + touch of karma (especially when I'm carrying orbs on kotmogu).

  8. #28
    Brewmaster MaxJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,453
    Warriors are out of control atm and nerfing shockwave it not going to do anything, the problem is in their burst and mobility, and Mages have always been OP. I voted for Warrior because to be honest they are just broken right now, but Mages are ridiculous too.

  9. #29
    Frost mages hands down.

  10. #30
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,604
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Warriors and Monks are the 2 most annoying for me. I'm sure Warriors will die down a little bit, but Monks... yeah.

    Blizzard is buffing them purely because they are under represented, when in actual fact they are pretty balanced already. That in itself annoys me.

    Such poor game design. You don't buff something because nobody is playing it, you try and entice people to play it. Buffing monks to god-status will just annoy the 97% of the community who don't have monks.
    Eh, monks just need some quality of life changes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grawlix View Post
    Came to this thread expecting "Rogue". The people who complain about rogues are people who don't know how to counter them. Play a rogue, learn to play one WELL, then you'll know how to beat them in your normal battlegrounds.

    As a gladiator rogue, I wouldn't ban a class in bgs, but hunters are probably the most annoying, except for Monks + touch of karma (especially when I'm carrying orbs on kotmogu).
    If you are under 10% carrying an orb you are dead already.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  11. #31
    Mage. Always going to be mage.
    With rogue a close second.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    If you are under 10% carrying an orb you are dead already.
    Touch of Karma. IE, Monk puts touch of karma on orb carrier, and everyone in middle doesn't know what that means -> procedes to kill the monk while all damage is being redirected to the aforementioned orb carrier. Touch of Karma =/= Touch of death.

  13. #33
    Mechagnome kleinlax21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Austin & Houston, Texas
    Posts
    612
    Not surprised by this poll at all. Thanks for a good laugh guys
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

  14. #34
    Being a warlock in pvp, i hate rogues, so i want them gutted :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    i loved the reasoning behind buffing monks: look guys there are only a few monks pvping so we'll make them batshit insane and op like derpknights were in s5 cause fck you^^

    still voting mages tho
    That was the entire premise of buffing rogues in 4.3 as well.

    5.2 is looking worse than 3.0. Rogues are able to 100-0 players within cheap shot -> kidney shot. This has literally never ever been the case until now. That's how full fucking retard Blizzard has gotten with burst.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-24 at 03:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  16. #36
    Not voted because it depends on what class I PvP on at the time.

    If I play a stealther, Druids and DK's can fuck right off. Not being able to stealth without blowing CloS on my Rogue or just not at all on my Feral is such a ballache.
    If I play on my Spriest, Warriors.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  17. #37
    I am Murloc! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,994
    Lovechil- "ahem" Mages.

  18. #38
    Stood in the Fire Kals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York (THE STATE NOT THE CITY)
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That was the entire premise of buffing rogues in 4.3 as well.

    5.2 is looking worse than 3.0. Rogues are able to 100-0 players within cheap shot -> kidney shot. This has literally never ever been the case until now. That's how full fucking retard Blizzard has gotten with burst.
    Don't forget his amazing reasoning behind ring of peace being completely broken: "Well if we find out it's broken on live we'll fix it".

    Kinda translates to me as: "We know it's OP but it'll cause more monks so we'll let it stay for a while."

    -_-

  19. #39
    Regardless of what class is overpowered right now, PvP is still fun. When Rogues are strong, it is never fun, except for Rogues themselves. Unfortunately, they'll be back next patch with more CC than ever, so I can already guess I'm not going to enjoy 5.2.

  20. #40
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Grawlix View Post
    Touch of Karma. IE, Monk puts touch of karma on orb carrier, and everyone in middle doesn't know what that means -> procedes to kill the monk while all damage is being redirected to the aforementioned orb carrier. Touch of Karma =/= Touch of death.
    Is it the monks fault that your group does not know a monks spells? It is like letting a warlock free cast chaos bolt or etc. The mystery about monks(or people not taking time to learn about them) is one of the things that makes monks good, I have won rbgs because someone does not know my class.

    I do find it funny that there are not that much people complaining about resto shammies or warlocks.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •